The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't see Stevie being that petty. What reason would she have to not want Bob inducted?

For the record, I don't really see what Lindsey would have against Bob either and I have to really stretch my imagination to think he would pull such a scheme, but if I had to guess between the two of them...

Then again, these are just my perceptions of people I don't actually know. So...
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think we still know, for certain, if Chris was the guilty party, even if most signs point to her... Didn't someone suggest that it might have been Peter(I highly doubt this, given his general ~albeit perceived from my own skewed vantage point~ disposition)?

Unless I missed something, Wendy has only said that it wasn't Mick or John.
According to a conversation I had with Mich Reynolds back in 1998 at the Splinter Group show in Cleveland, Peter didn't even know about it until the day of the ceremony.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Technically, no. Chad Allan was the original Guess Who lead vocalist. Burton Cummings initially joined as keyboardist & part time co-lead vocalist. Chad Allan later quit and Cummings took over lead vocals full-time.
Yeah, I always forget about that because the band had been going by Chad Allan & The Expressions just prior to the record company gimmick that changed the band's name to the Guess Who.

My originial point is still valid, though.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, I always forget about that because the band had been going by Chad Allan & The Expressions just prior to the record company gimmick that changed the band's name to the Guess Who.

My originial point is still valid, though.
Didn't say it wasn't... By now, you oughta know "me & my minutae"
Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to a conversation I had with Mich Reynolds back in 1998 at the Splinter Group show in Cleveland, Peter didn't even know about it until the day of the ceremony.
Well I never thought it was Peter anyway. Just trying to rule out the possibilities.

In my mind, it has to be either Chris or Lindsey. I suspect the former, but hope it's the latter.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
So who are we left with? Stevie and Lindsey? What are you thinking, John? If I had to guess between those two, I would definitely guess Lindsey.
Wendy became a little miffed when he suggested Christine, and didn't know who Graves was.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but it's not as nice for every band. Fleetwood Mac has never had less than two vocalists, had a history of gradual personnel changes, and was kept together by the namesakes, who were not the singers or writers.

But what about a band like the Guess Who? The band broke up when Burton Cummings, the only lead vocalist the band had, quit. Then bassist Jim Kale registered the name and put out subsequent versions of the Guess Who and at one point even let the band play gigs without him (read: there were no original or subsequent Cummings-era members of the band). Are we really to think that the members of the Kale lead bands are relevant?
I do understand your point. Still, I'd rather have some people who didn't deserve it get in than to have someone who Did deserve it get left out.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I do understand your point. Still, I'd rather have some people who didn't deserve it get in than to have someone who Did deserve it get left out.
Sure. But letting in all those people devalues the induction altogether.

"If everyone is special, then no one is."
Old 07-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Wendy first said she regretted having spoken, she said it was because Bob loved the person. I know that ey worked together , but I find it hard to believe that she would speak of Bob as having loved Lindsey. Michele
Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When Wendy first said she regretted having spoken, she said it was because Bob loved the person. I know that ey worked together , but I find it hard to believe that she would speak of Bob as having loved Lindsey. Michele
haha!! Maybe LB choked him during French Kiss...
Old 07-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surely it's Christine or Mick.. Wendy said it wasn't the later Mac people in some quote.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, according to "Bwelchhypnotized" on rollingstone.com

"Bob was always into the now.. Christine wrote that song and she knew nothing about Bob, nor has she bothered to contact me or even send a card. *Ask her why he's not in the H&R Hall of Fame. "

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Copying this from the Q&A Bob Welch did here on The Ledge in 1999. He was in favor of including all the past and present members of Fleetwood Mac.

I also was very disturbed by your being excluded when FM was inducted into the HOF! The unfairness of it (not to mention the lame reasons given) really bothered me, especially since I have always really liked the FM albums you were part of. I especially like the songs Future Games, S.L. (of course), Hypnotized, Bermuda Triangle, Bright Fire, and Night Watch.

But the question I have is this: If you feel free to do so, could you explain what the lawsuit was about, why you went that route, and why you think Mick, John, and Christine seemed to take it so personally? Was there anything else going on at the time that contributed to the hostility or was it just the idea that you sued them? And, lastly, what (if anything) do you think could bring about a resolution of the rift (I'd like to see you get into the HOF retroactively!!) (Dennis Goodyear, Denver, Colorado, USA)

Dennis, I think I've already done enough of a "rant" on my feelings about the hall of fame thing... What could be done....maybe a petition, but a petition to include ALL past members, me, Burnette, Vito, Weston, Dave Mason, Bekka.....That's the fair thing...
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Surely it's Christine or Mick.. Wendy said it wasn't the later Mac people in some quote.
Wendy has said that it wasn't Mick or John. Surely my lifelong heroine isn't a spiteful bi*ch...?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wendy has said that it wasn't Mick or John. Surely my lifelong heroine isn't a spiteful bi*ch...?
*hands a glass of wine*

I dunno, whoever it is, we're only getting one side of the story from Wendy. I'm sure whoever kept him out had a valid reason. They might be the most cracky band ever but they are human beings. I refuse to believe this is one sided.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr