The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

So, is this track (Without You) going to be featured on a Fleetwood Mac release, such as a new FM album or Greatest Hits compilation? I can't see it being released as a FM single and that's it! I can't see them including it on a Buckingham Nicks reissue either if it's being released under the Fleetwood Mac name, although I do hope the original Buckingham Nicks version will be inlcluded on a Buckingham Nicks reissue (if this ever happens). It was featured on the bootleg Deluxe Edition of Buckingham Nicks.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
So, is this track (Without You) going to be featured on a Fleetwood Mac release, such as a new FM album or Greatest Hits compilation? I can't see it being released as a FM single and that's it! I can't see them including it on a Buckingham Nicks reissue either if it's being released under the Fleetwood Mac name, although I do hope the original Buckingham Nicks version will be inlcluded on a Buckingham Nicks reissue (if this ever happens). It was featured on the bootleg Deluxe Edition of Buckingham Nicks.
Releasing Digital EP with 3 - 4 songs as Fleetwood Mac and later re-releasing Buckingham Nicks for 40th anniversary - possibly with extras.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Releasing Digital EP with 3 - 4 songs as Fleetwood Mac and later re-releasing Buckingham Nicks for 40th anniversary - possibly with extras.
Has a 40th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks been officially announced, and if so, could you provide a link to a news article where this is confirmed? I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Has a 40th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks been officially announced, and if so, could you provide a link to a news article where this is confirmed? I'll believe it when I see it!
Not in so many words - but then again in so many words. There's tons of news articles with quotes leading up to it from 2010-now. Plus the current videos. I don't have time to recap it. But, it's happening!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They really screwed up on the Buckingham/Nicks reissue. They don't have enough time to do it right now.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
They really screwed up on the Buckingham/Nicks reissue. They don't have enough time to do it right now.
They're a year behind anyway.

They're celebrating Rumours 35th anniversary this year - it only makes sense that they'll celebrate the 40th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks in 2014.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Not in so many words - but then again in so many words. There's tons of news articles with quotes leading up to it from 2010-now. Plus the current videos. I don't have time to recap it. But, it's happening!
Best not to post information on this forum unless you know it's true, via a press release. There has been no announcement that a 40th Anniversary Edition of Buckingham Nicks is being released. Please don't post news about releases unless it has been made official by the band themselves or their record company. I have, on the other hand found confirmation that Lindsey has confirmed that Fleetwood Mac are working on new material, but no track names have been announced yet, and I can find no mention of Without You being released.

Last edited by Andrew Smith; 02-13-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
They're a year behind anyway.

They're celebrating Rumours 35th anniversary this year - it only makes sense that they'll celebrate the 40th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks in 2014.
It's not too late. Lol. (Sorry just thought of LB there)... BN was released September 5, 1973.

We'll see how it plays out.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have, on the other hand found confirmation that Lindsey has confirmed that Fleetwood Mac are working on new material, but no track names have been announced yet and I can find no mention of Without You being released.
They talk about Without You in the video linked in this thread. And they have released the other track names - Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy. They have talked about this all in several interviews both in print and filmed.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Best not to post information on this forum unless you know it's true, via a press release. There has been no announcement that a 40th Anniversary Edition of Buckingham Nicks is being released. Please don't post news about releases unless it has been made official by the band themselves or their record company. I have, on the other hand found confirmation that the EP you mentioned is to be released, but no track listing has been announced yet.

Did you listen to the video interview where Stevie said they were going to save Without You to be released with the 40th anniversary BN but decided to release it with FM instead? That's as good as official. In conjunction with the other facts I have posted regarding the licensing of two BN songs in the Sound City movie.

Geez, I hate repeating myself.

Believe what you want.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you listen to the video interview where Stevie said they were going to save Without You to be released with the 40th anniversary BN but decided to release it with FM instead? That's as good as official. In conjunction with the other facts I have posted regarding the licensing of two BN songs in the Sound City movie.

Geez, I hate repeating myself.

Believe what you want.
Yeah, if you checkout the recent videos and articles, Stevie and Lindsey say they have decided to release BN. Will it actually happen? Only time will tell. I too appreciate sources and links for news, however, I think most people on this board have kept up with the messages on various posts and can put the information into perspective.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Yeah, if you checkout the recent videos and articles, Stevie and Lindsey say they have decided to release BN. Will it actually happen? Only time will tell. I too appreciate sources and links for news, however, I think most people on this board have kept up with the messages on various posts and can put the information into perspective.
Indeed. The evidence is there.

I just hope you all will buy it when it finally is released.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

May I remind you that Lindsey and Stevie have spoken about releasing Buckingham Nicks on CD in interviews dating back as far as 1992! Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed. The evidence is there.

I just hope you all will buy it when it finally is released.
you know i won't. unless they add some newly recorded songs and extras.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
May I remind you that Lindsey and Stevie have spoken about releasing Buckingham Nicks on CD in interviews dating back as far as 1992! Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it!
Not like this.

Last edited by CADreaming; 02-13-2013 at 08:48 PM..