Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I thought he said it "wasn't written yet"
i think you are right! i kept going back in between written and recorded b/c i couldn't remember which was it. he said the same thing it that his and hers RS interview so that might be the easy place to check.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

so to be honest, while i'm happy that they are finally releasing a song, i'm a bit disappointed that we will not hear a completely new song that we know nothing about yet. but hopefully once they release the first one, other 2 will follow in a short succession.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so to be honest, while i'm happy that they are finally releasing a song, i'm a bit disappointed that we will not hear a completely new song that we know nothing about yet. but hopefully once they release the first one, other 2 will follow in a short succession.
Once they release Sad Angel, you'll be cured of any desire to hear completely new songs.

Michele
Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm wondering if we will get this one first, though?

Did they specify? I thought she said they just decided to put it in the FM "wicker basket" with the others.

Also nice to hear her say that maybe they could get another song recorded - good that she's at least open to the idea of doing more new music.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People are always saying they want to hear new studio versions of demos instead of saying they want to hear great new material. The new versions of demos can be good, and I am curious to hear them, but I know the songs already and would rather hear a great new song. The one exception for me was the revised version of Planets of the Universe, which was killer.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Once they release Sad Angel, you'll be cured of any desire to hear completely new songs.

Michele
Why? Have you heard it?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
yeah i was thinking that as i was typing lol. but i hope that miss fantasy is indeed that rocking stuff that was playing at the end of fuse video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'm wondering if we will get this one first, though?

Did they specify? I thought she said they just decided to put it in the FM "wicker basket" with the others.

Also nice to hear her say that maybe they could get another song recorded - good that she's at least open to the idea of doing more new music.
ah, guess i should listen to the interview before jumping to conclusions from just reading this thread.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah, guess i should listen to the interview before jumping to conclusions from just reading this thread.
You should watch the interview!

I found it rather amusing. Apparently Lindsey's studio is like a bunker.

Last edited by WildHearted; 02-12-2013 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
You should watch the interview!

I found it rather amusing. Apparently Lindsey's studio is like a bunker.
just did. thanks for pointing it out Bandon! so it's another one from the series they did that one day in village recorder studio.

and agree, they didn't say anything about which song will be released first, just that Without you will be released as FM, not as BN.

it would seem they have maybe just a few days left before going into rehearsals so i hope they got their asses into gear with recording additional songs by now. holed up in Lindsey's "bunker" studio under his garage

Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Why? Have you heard it?
i think Michele is not very happy with the lyrics that stevie and lindsey quoted as being a part of that song. also, if you search youtube for fuse fleetwood mac interview, some people are speculating that the background music for most of that video might be instrumental for Sad Angel, while the rocking music at the end might be Miss Fantasy.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think Michele is not very happy with the lyrics that stevie and lindsey quoted as being a part of that song. also, if you search youtube for fuse fleetwood mac interview, some people are speculating that the background music for most of that video might be instrumental for Sad Angel, while the rocking music at the end might be Miss Fantasy.
Okay...I see. Well I have been under-impressed by a lot of Lindsey's music for the past 16 years, so I can understand the concern.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Okay...I see. Well I have been under-impressed by a lot of Lindsey's music for the past 16 years, so I can understand the concern.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting, so you were under-impressed with GOS1, UTS, GOS, SWS?

see, for me GOS1 and SWS are stellar and contain a lot of my favorite LB music and GOS1 is perhaps the greatest album never released. but i do think that his music is and always was all over the place and in tons of different directions so it's really hard to tell where he will go next. during UTS and GOS years he seemed to be unable to write non-grating hooks, and then he came back with those unbelievable hooks on SWS. but the 3 songs from This is 40 soundtrack were somewhat... well, not that great.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

lol.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but the 3 songs from This is 40 soundtrack were somewhat... well, not that great.
I'd like to hear McTrouble's review of these 3 songs.