The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, this should be good! Just makes me wish there was a Mac movie.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really excited about this movie. Though I'm not really a Beach Boys fan, it will be great to see a member of Fleetwood Mac portrayed on screen.

I wonder what Christine herself thinks of this? Has she had any input into this movie?

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 01-27-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I wonder what Christine herself thinks of this? Has she had any input into this movie?
Don't know, but even if they reached out to her, but if I had to bet, I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if she even returned the call. It doesn't seem like the type of thing she'd want to be involved in.

Michele
Old 01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Photo's of Christine and Dennis

Photo has Christine words: volgens mijheb ik teveel gedronken - In Dutch it means "too much to drink I drank too much". Dennis has photo with words in French phrase C'es la vie - It means "Such is life"

The second photo is on a sail boat with both Dennis and Chris hugging.

The 3rd photo is a happy Chris.

Funny, Dennis is not happy (troubled person?)

Last edited by ironman_01701; 01-27-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_01701 View Post
Photo has Christine words: volgens mijheb ik teveel gedronken - In Dutch it means "too much to drink I drank too much". Dennis has photo with words in French phrase C'es la vie - It means "Such is life"

The second photo is on a sail boat with both Dennis and Chris hugging.

The 3rd photo is a happy Chris.

Funny, Dennis is not happy (troubled person?)
That last photo seems like it might be from the photo shoot at her house, and there was a picture of her and Dennis in her back garden, the one he had dug up into the shape of a heart and planted with roses....
Old 01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_01701 View Post
Photo has Christine words
I've never seen these first two pics before. Thank you for posting them!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This girl looks a bit like this actress, no?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 179_1000.jpg (53.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's also untrue!

I grew up with bitter, cold, winters, and I GUARANTEE, that I could be happy, the rest of my life, without ever seeing a temperature below 60F.

Ideal for me, would be 92 and sunny, 365 days a year, and about 75 at night.
Los Angeles here you come!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Los Angeles here you come!
~Like button~!

I've never been west of Colorado...but CA, FL,....anywhere that is doesn't hit single digits(or even freezing, for that matter!).
Old 01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Legal issues of a film autobiography - The Drummer

Aaron Eckhart Will Be The movie "The Drummer", a movie about Dennis Wilson and will tackle the last six years of Wilson’s life when the singer-songwriter released his acclaimed solo album Pacific Ocean Blue:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ch-boys-249314

Eckhart is going to play Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys, however Vera Farmiga let a juicy little detail slip on January 23, 2012 at ELLE dinner. Vera said I’ll be playing one of the great loves of Dennis’ life—Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, so that will be really fun!”

http://fashion.elle.com/culture/2012...ristine-mcvie/

The film is scheduled to shoot in the spring/summer of this year to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of The Beach Boys. The film will be shot in California and at Meddin Studios in Georgia.

Christine left FM in 1998 and went into near isolation since (short of 2004 "In The Meantime" and her contribution to Lindsey album in the early 2000's).

Dennis Wilson loved life, and loved booze and drugs a lot too. He knew Charlie Manson and that part of the movie I suspect will be exposed (albeit pre-1977).

We all know Dennis also had a significant relationship with Chris from 1979 to 1981. Christine ended the relationship after she could no longer cope with his alcohol addiction, and her being played as a "Sugar Daddy" by Dennis.

Something like this film (The Drummer) is almost an autobiography of Dennis Willson. Christine had to sign off on this, because its a near autobiography of Chris during that short time. However, if Vera Farmiga let a juicy little detail slip on her roll without Chris blessing, there maybe legal issues. From reports the Willson family will be acting as co-producers.

That being said, a film/book autobiography should be swept clean to avoid legal actions based on slander, liable or defamation of character. Are those the only basis?? Can someone get an injuction against the book or film?

Truth is not necessarily a defense, especially if the other person has a different memory/experience. For example, "I once loved Suzy Smith, but she left me for a nerd."
Maybe that is the way you remember it. Suzy on the other hand, might remember "I left him because he was an abusive jerk." The dead cannot claim defamation rights but the living can. The Willson family might if they are mentioned and are still alive. Sometimes a work of fiction is so thinly disguised that the target can go to court and say "This 'Suzy Smith' is really me Mary Jones, and I resent being portrayed as a cold, heartless woman."
There is always a risk in all autobiography. The best way to go is to have a lawyer review the work prior to publication. I'm sure the Willson family has clear the way with Christine on this movie.

Since no one owns history, you're theoretically free to recount actual events, but the problem is always going to be that memories are flawed and indisputably selective things, so no 2 people are likely to remember the same event the same way. If you wrote anything that's unflattering about anyone, whether you think it's a TRUE FACT or not, if you can't show hard proof of it, or it's not unquestionably your OPINION rather than FACT, you could get sued for defamation.

Fleetwood Mac Hold Me - Those awesome lyrics and music by Christine (was co-written by Robbie Patton) and lead solo guitar by Lindsey is a great love song! The fact that this was written about Christine's love affair with Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys would explain the Beach Boy's inspired back ground vocals in the song ("Come on and ..."Hold me, Hold me..."). It reminds me of the chorus of "Help me Rhonda

As a long time fan of Christine and the FM band, I really hope all goes well for Chris. The chain isn't broken, but it's true about the saying "still waters run deep". So it is true with Christine..... in that sleepy little town in Kent UK.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting pick for casting Christine McVie. I've only seen Vera Farmiga in one movie though, Dummy, and she was ok in it. I never got a British vibe from her...so hopefully she has the acting chops to apply that British accent and smokey voice Christine has.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Variety article

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...VJ_5A.facebook

Posted: Mon., Jan. 30, 2012, 1:02pm PT
Vera Farmiga to star in 'Drummer'
She'll play Christine McVie in Dennis Wilson biopic
By ANDREW STEWART

Vera Farmiga will join Aaron Eckhart in helmer Randall Miller's indie music biopic "The Drummer," about Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson.
Farmiga, who received an Oscar nomination for 2009's "Up in the Air" and recently made her directorial debut with "Higher Ground," will play notable Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter Christine McVie.

Miller is producing with scribe Jody Savin through their banner Unclaimed Freight Prods.(The pair were behind 2008's indie hit "Bottle Shock.") Music industry vet Brad Rosenberger also produces.

"The Drummer" follows six years in Wilson's life during which he and McVie sparked a passionate and tumultuous relationship before Wilson's death in 1983. Fleetwood Mac's album "Mirage," released in 1982, features the hit song "Hold Me," co-written by McVie and reportedly inspired by her love affair with Wilson.

Farmiga joins the project as a classically trained pianist. "She has a number of duets with Eckhart in the film," Miller noted. "The combination of Aaron and Vera will be pure magic."

Slated to begin lensing June 15, "The Drummer" is co-produced by Wilson's children, Carl and Jennifer. Gerry DeKlerk and Irene Nelson of Rampart Films exec produce, along with Caribou Records' Jim Guercio and Julie Sultan, prexy of international sales and distribution for W2 Media, which is co-financing and handling foreign rights for the film.

Jonathan Gardner of Cohen/Gardner negotiated the deal on behalf of the producers with CAA's Tracey Brennan and Jodi Peikoff of Peikoff Law Offices for Farmiga.

She is repped by CAA and Jon Rubinstein of Authentic Talent and Literary Management.

Contact Andrew Stewart at andrew.stewart@variety.com
Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Interesting pick for casting Christine McVie. I've only seen Vera Farmiga in one movie though, Dummy, and she was ok in it. I never got a British vibe from her...so hopefully she has the acting chops to apply that British accent and smokey voice Christine has.
you didn't see "Up in the air"?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...VJ_5A.facebook

Posted: Mon., Jan. 30, 2012, 1:02pm PT
Vera Farmiga to star in 'Drummer'
She'll play Christine McVie in Dennis Wilson biopic
By ANDREW STEWART

Vera Farmiga will join Aaron Eckhart in helmer Randall Miller's indie music biopic "The Drummer," about Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson.
Farmiga, who received an Oscar nomination for 2009's "Up in the Air" and recently made her directorial debut with "Higher Ground," will play notable Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter Christine McVie.

Miller is producing with scribe Jody Savin through their banner Unclaimed Freight Prods.(The pair were behind 2008's indie hit "Bottle Shock.") Music industry vet Brad Rosenberger also produces.

"The Drummer" follows six years in Wilson's life during which he and McVie sparked a passionate and tumultuous relationship before Wilson's death in 1983. Fleetwood Mac's album "Mirage," released in 1982, features the hit song "Hold Me," co-written by McVie and reportedly inspired by her love affair with Wilson.

Farmiga joins the project as a classically trained pianist. "She has a number of duets with Eckhart in the film," Miller noted. "The combination of Aaron and Vera will be pure magic."

Slated to begin lensing June 15, "The Drummer" is co-produced by Wilson's children, Carl and Jennifer. Gerry DeKlerk and Irene Nelson of Rampart Films exec produce, along with Caribou Records' Jim Guercio and Julie Sultan, prexy of international sales and distribution for W2 Media, which is co-financing and handling foreign rights for the film.

Jonathan Gardner of Cohen/Gardner negotiated the deal on behalf of the producers with CAA's Tracey Brennan and Jodi Peikoff of Peikoff Law Offices for Farmiga.

She is repped by CAA and Jon Rubinstein of Authentic Talent and Literary Management.

Contact Andrew Stewart at andrew.stewart@variety.com
Thanks for finding this! OMG, this is going to be amazing! Nobody sounds like Christine, so I really have to wonder whether Vera will do any actual singing (like Val Kilmer supposedly did for The Doors), or whether she will be lip syncing... perhaps over new vocals from Christine?? And what songs will they sing together? Oh, the mind boggles... It would be really amazing if this is all being done with Christine's blessing and active participation.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Thanks for finding this! OMG, this is going to be amazing! Nobody sounds like Christine, so I really have to wonder whether Vera will do any actual singing (like Val Kilmer supposedly did for The Doors), or whether she will be lip syncing... perhaps over new vocals from Christine?? And what songs will they sing together? Oh, the mind boggles... It would be really amazing if this is all being done with Christine's blessing and active participation.
Did you say "new vocals"... you're gonna give me a heart attack!! lol