Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation An Oklahoma college...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Oh that's righ t- some local colleges are also admitting displaced students too!
(I believe it's OCU...Dont quote me on it) is supplying "free tuition" to any displace college students affected by Hurricane Katrina.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I don't think they have "every right" to jeapordize the aid of everybody, though, and by their actions that's what they are doing. 4 days of extreme duress is a reason why some people cracked, but I don't think it's a good excuse.
But I just don't feel like we should be saying how people should and shouldn't be acting in a certain situation.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I can understand the anger, seething in every pore of these people's bodies, but they need to accept the help, get the h*ll out of NO and get settled and THEN, when all is well again, go protest how this whole deal was done. Right now is not the time to be angry, it's not helping ANYONE.

Get help now, get angry later.

And for frick sake, protect those women and children from getting raped!!!
Like I said, it's easy for us to say that without actually being in their shoes. I don't think very many of these people are thinking straight after four days of this, especially when they're without food and water and are quite sick.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
But I just don't feel like we should be saying how people should and shouldn't be acting in a certain situation.
Precisely. We aren't suffering through this like they are.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
are you kidding me? They're being hostile to people bringing them aid. It's ridiculous. Yes, I understand it, but again, that doesn't make it ok. There's people in my family who haven't had food or water for four days - they didn't turn into rabid beasts...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Like I said, it's easy for us to say that without actually being in their shoes. I don't think very many of these people are thinking straight after four days of this, especially when they're without food and water and are quite sick.
You're right. Katie asked Michael Brown, head of FEMA, why folks weren't getting the help they needed. His answer, "Katie, they are getting the help they need..." What the eff kind of an answer is that???
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is true also. I was hearing a report about a women there seeing a man jump off of a bridge...because he said "death was better than this"!!!!

I was really upset to hear that...the poor man. I can understand the frustration, but, I mean the man had to understand that he wasn't going to be stuck there forever...I would like to think that the man maybe already had some issues before.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Knowing myself and my own anger/crowd issues - I don't know that I'd be acting any better than these people. I can't even imagine what they're going through - and as you all have stated - it's hard to judge when I've never lived through such a horrible tragedy...

I donated a little money - but I feel like that is so not enough....I got out of my comfy bed this morning - ate some cereal -all the while thinking about the people who've lost those things...it's so sad
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Actually - maybe it is okay they are acting this way. Does that mean they don't want aid? Because if they don't, someone else will. Problem solved.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Jeezum crow. That is even crazier than the rumour that John Travolta used to be a waitress in St. Meyers, FL.
THUD.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you kidding me? They're being hostile to people bringing them aid. It's ridiculous. Yes, I understand it, but again, that doesn't make it ok. There's people in my family who haven't had food or water for four days - they didn't turn into rabid beasts...
I think they're being hostile to people bringing them aid because of how they've been treated, which is worse than animals. They were promised aid, and it didn't come. It should have been there a long time ago.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good for them. I wonder how you and the people in your family would react to not only suffering through one of the biggest disasters in our country's history, but suffering through famine, disease, death, homelessness, sexual assault, thievery, gangs, and all kinds of other assorted tragedies for four days straight without any help. I'd be curious to know what your mental would be like.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Well said. I'm sick of hearing the cable news people like barfbag Nancy Grace screaming about bad behavior. We can't judge people who are in horrific conditions and neglected by their government.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm
Has anybody else heard about the conspiracy idea about Katrina?
I heard the tail end of a program on a Talk radio station late last night. It was about the idea that Katrina may have been engineered by a weather control apparatus. I didn't get the name the broadcaster had on as a guest. He was suggesting that Katrina was steered into a target area in an effort to control, in part, the world population. He said it could conceivably happen with current scientific technology. The idea was brought into the discussion by a caller that the tsunami could have also been deliberately engineered. The guest said that it could be both racially and economically motivated.
"Expendable" people are the suspected targets.
I have not heard this before. I know it sounds fantastical and the very idea is shocking, but if it's even remotely possible it should at least be looked into. I'm very curious about it. Has anyone else heard about this? Could this really happen?
Storms, I've seen this type of theory before and have read a little bit about it. Although I hadn't heard it yet in relation to the hurricane.
My honest opinion from what I have read is that there is not one shred of credible evidence to support this theory.
What there is credible evidence of is global warming.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Big Oil Spill Spotted Near Tanks on Miss. 1 hour, 2 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - A huge oil spill was spotted near two storage tanks on the Mississippi River downstream from New Orleans, state officials said Friday.

The oil was seen in a flyover to the Venice area by the Department of Environmental Quality.

"Two tanks with the capacity of holding 2 million barrels appear to be leaking," the department said in a statement.

No further details were given.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/..._oil_spill_hk4
$10 gas anyone? Dear God, please make it stop.