User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "The rest of it becomes an opportunity"

Quote:
What that did was to harm, and this is the only thing I’m really sad about -- the rest of it becomes an opportunity — it harmed the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build. That legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one’s higher truth and one’s higher destiny.
That's an excerpt from Lindsey's remarks at the recent event when he addressed his split from FM for the first time.

He is saying that the split from FM has a positive aspect, in that it opens up opportunities for him. Without the demands of a long "greatest hits" tour -- and the demands of a certain bandmate -- he is free to become his true creative self. The greatest hits album and the new solo album are just the start. Hopefully there will be a solo tour later this year, and more recording much sooner than there would be if he had to negotiate a timeline with that narcissist and her toadies.

The only downside to the split, in Lindsey's own words, is that it tarnishes the band's legacy, which is a concern for the future. By phrasing his statement this way, he makes it clear that this split is not hurting him in the here and now; in fact, it opens doors for him. Rather than groveling in misery or hurling insults, he is making the best of it and moving on, which is what a mature person does in a situation like this.

Last edited by nicepace; 05-16-2018 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 05-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It certainly allows him to focus his entire schedule on himself.

With that said he has always used FM as his leverage with record labels. Will that be an issue going forward? Time will tell.

If he has 50 new songs ready to go, does he have a distribution ability to get them out.

I don't think he cares if he only sells 50,000 copies at this point in his life, but the record companies sure do.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
That's an excerpt from Lindsey's remarks at the recent event when he addressed his split from FM for the first time.

He is saying that the split from FM has a positive aspect, in that it opens up opportunities for him. Without the demands of a long "greatest hits" tour -- and the demands of a certain bandmate -- he is free to become his true creative self. The greatest hits album and the new solo album are just the start. Hopefully there will be a solo tour later this year, and more recording much sooner than there would be if he had to negotiate a timeline with that narcissist and her toadies.
yes! when i heard him saying that sentence "the rest of it becomes an opportunity" and the way he said it, in a kinda self-understandable / duh way, it lifted all that fog and worry that's been around since early february for me! he sees it as an opportunity! i was hoping he would, but i was just too worried about the stuff such as any legal wranglings he might be involved with FM, promoters, management and things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
With that said he has always used FM as his leverage with record labels. Will that be an issue going forward? Time will tell.

If he has 50 new songs ready to go, does he have a distribution ability to get them out.

I don't think he cares if he only sells 50,000 copies at this point in his life, but the record companies sure do.
i'm not worried about distribution, he did Seeds on his own label and found the ways to distribute the album in different formats, as well as live recording of the concert. i would in fact love for him to be on his own and free to do whatever he wants. i was more worried that his current label has a contract that will have him tied down while they won't wanna release what he'd like them to. also, was worried he'll just close himself in the studio for years as he's done in the past when younger. luckily, he seems to have completely turned the page on that too!

so "the rest of it becomes an opportunity" along with him telling fans who were there that Best Of and the fall tour are in the works was definitely a huge optimistic positive coming out of that fundraiser!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-16-2018 at 07:42 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes! when i heard him saying that sentence "the rest of it becomes an opportunity" and the way he said it, in a kinda self-understandable / duh way, it lifted all that fog and worry that's been around since early february for me! he sees it as an opportunity!
Elle,
If only you would listen to me.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

https://youtu.be/ZEI3ftV3y1s
Old 05-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

The only downside to the split, in Lindsey's own words, is that it tarnishes the band's legacy, which is a concern for the future. By phrasing his statement this way, he makes it clear that this split is not hurting him in the here and now; in fact, it opens doors for him. Rather than groveling in misery or hurling insults, he is making the best of it and moving on, which is what a mature person does in a situation like this.
Absolutely! It's the most positive thing to come out of all this crap that went down with FM. Lindsey is free to create new music in his own time and space. I'm sure that will make him happy. He won't be tied down playing the same old stale set lists that FM does. I would even like him to start working with other artists on projects. Maybe even join another band! Wouldn't that be a riot!!!!
Old 05-20-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Absolutely! It's the most positive thing to come out of all this crap that went down with FM. Lindsey is free to create new music in his own time and space. I'm sure that will make him happy. He won't be tied down playing the same old stale set lists that FM does. I would even like him to start working with other artists on projects. Maybe even join another band! Wouldn't that be a riot!!!!

It'd be wonderful!!! I wonder if he's getting invites. Or if he is talking to people.

Even part time. Half his own music and half, banding around. Do it, Lindsey!
Cannot wait for the new music, regardless.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
He won't be tied down playing the same old stale set lists that FM does.
And, neither will they.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, neither will they.
Gotta poke the bear, right??
Old 05-21-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Gotta poke the bear, right??
Steve is standing in these days for other missing resident grumpy peeps on these boards. But we love him anyway!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh how could I forget. Stevie has been BEGGING the band for years to play Rattlesnake Shake.....
Old 05-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh how could I forget. Stevie has been BEGGING the band for years to play Rattlesnake Shake.....

THANK you for that ahahaahahaaahaaaaa!!!

Old 05-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
It'd be wonderful!!! I wonder if he's getting invites. Or if he is talking to people.

Even part time. Half his own music and half, banding around. Do it, Lindsey!
Cannot wait for the new music, regardless.
Lindsey should name his next album, or tour for that matter, THE EMANCIPATION OF LIDDY BUCK.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, neither will they.
So they'll play a welcome addition of "Man Of The World", and possibly that number Neil Finn is talking about. I think he calls it "World Is Turning".
Old 05-23-2018, 10:11 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo. Reason: Never mind. This version of Fleetwood Mac can burn in hell for all I care. That's where she is going.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:12 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo. Reason: Never mind. This version of Fleetwood Mac can burn in hell for all I care.