The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL yeah I have a great big house in the countryside in the middle between between Dublin and Belfast for the Ireland shows.

He can have the whole house Free for his Ireland Leg of the tour.
Problem Solved. Now there is no problem.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think $45 million sounds like it's in the right ballpark; perhaps a smidge on the low end of the range. Although Lindsey has made a lot of money between publishing, Rumours and touring, his solo albums and tours have been money losers. One also has to realize that his money was earned in spurts, i.e., whenever Fleetwood Mac got together, and that there were long dry spells (e.g., 1998 - 2002) during which he made no income other than some nominal royalties. Other factors to consider:

-Rumours royalties were split 3-to-5 ways.
-The bulk of Fleetwood Mac albums was sold during the $8.98 LP era.
-Concert tours did not really become lucrative until the 1990s.
-There were managers, lawyers, accountants and agents to pay.
-Easily 50%+ of his income was taken away for taxes.
-Who knows how much of a hit he took during the Great Recession of 2007 - 2009?
-Baby mommas who have been deluded into thinking they are talented need their vanity projects supported.

Also, anecdotally speaking, Lindsey lives in a very nice house. But it is hardly a castle. It is on a fairly conventional residential street (not particularly well maintained BTW) that could be in Anytown, USA. You could kinda say the same thing about Stevie's house in the Palisades, but at least it is up on the hill.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
No, they are missing at least one zero according to their own past estimates. His net worth on the very same site was listed at 650 and 750 million in the past. I believe that's closer to reality but who cares? I'm sure he's not hurting.
Assuming the site is even remotely correct it lists Mick Jagger as being worth $305 million. There is no way that Lindsey would have generated the same level of income as Jagger.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Donald Trump has had a couple of bankruptcies and he's worth more too. Mick has more sources of income than John. Lindsey has more sources than the others combined x infinity. John and Stevie have music and that's about it. John gets no publishing royalties as Stevie does.
What other sources of income does Lindsey have other than his music and album production of FM? To my knowledge he has no other artists signed to a record label and no other business outside of FM and his solo music career.

At least Mick has 101 failed ventures (and probably a few successful ones). We've had apparel, drum machines, wine, Tallman Records, cattle farms and who knows what else that Mick has dabbled in over the years. Oh and at least four other bands - The Zoo, MF Band, MF Blues Band and Island Rumours Band.

I remember in the days pre-Spice Girls when Christine was listed as having a worth of $25 million (or maybe it was pounds?) in an article on rich female singers in the UK. That was before every second person who thought they had talent could make a million.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I concur! If I can get to Amsterdam on less than £200, he can get to England *skips over the cost of performing itself*. Haha. If need be, he can bunk in mine and Viv's twin room when we go to see his show! I needn't even ask you before I bring him back, dear, because I already know you'd be all for it haha. We can play the floor is made of lava with the beds!
Good God, poor chap if he was bunking up with us two!

But yeah, he'd be totally welcome (in fact, we'd insist! ) - and we wouldn't even ask him to contribute to the cost!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's impossible to say what someone is worth based only on the income we know about. People who have made a lot more money than Lindsey have inexplicably blown it all and people who have made a lot more have amassed a great deal beyond their base earnings as the result of real estate and investments. And Lindsey has a lot of property over the years, although it seems like he has deeded most to family members and his two exes.

Michele
Old 08-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's impossible to say what someone is worth based only on the income we know about. People who have made a lot more money than Lindsey have inexplicably blown it all and people who have made a lot more have amassed a great deal beyond their base earnings as the result of real estate and investments. And Lindsey has a lot of property over the years, although it seems like he has deeded most to family members and his two exes.

Michele
Well, and Stevie keeps saying "they" invested their money. For all we know those were some pretty damn good investments...
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Haha. If need be, he can bunk in mine and Viv's twin room when we go to see his show!
This must be a tv show I haven't seen yet but it's cool. Lindsey can stay with me.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally its none of my business what Lindsey has.He's the best guitar player I know.and he earned it.Also Stevie and rest of FM.He had only pennies back in the early 70's .he worked his a$$ of up to now.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-26-2018, 07:45 AM

What is Lindsey Buckingham’s net worth after Fleetwood Mac fired him?
Lindsey Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975 but left the first time in 1987
The guitarist rejoined the band in 1997 but parted ways again in April 2018
Lindsey Buckingham wrote the lead single from the best-selling album Rumours

t looks like Lindsey Buckingham is going his own way after his band, Fleetwood Mac, fired him over a reported ‘disagreement’ over the band’s upcoming tour.

'We are thrilled to welcome the musical talents of the caliber of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn into the Mac family,' Fleetwood Mac said in a statement.

This is the second time Buckingham has left the band: he was in Fleetwood Mac from 1974 to 1987 and then rejoined in 1996.

The band replaced Buckingham with Crowded House's Neil Finn and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' Mike Campbell, says Rolling Stone.

'With Mike and Neil, we'll be performing all the hits that the fans love, plus we'll be surprising our audiences with some tracks from our historic catalogue of songs. Fleetwood Mac has always been a creative evolution. We look forward to honoring that spirit on this upcoming tour.'

Only time will tell whether the guitarist and the band will actually never break the chain or whether he’ll never be going back again.

Here is all the information on Lindsey Buckingham including his net worth, songs and relationship with Stevie Nicks.

Who is Lindsey Buckingham?
Lindsey Adams Buckingham was born in Palo Alto, California on October 3, 1949. The youngest of three brothers, Buckingham came from an athletic family - his brother Greg won silver at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico - but ultimately chose to pursue a music career.

Buckingham’s first guitar was a toy Mickey Mouse one, which he played along to his brother Jeff’s record collection. Seeing their son’s natural talent, Buckingham’s parents bought him a $35 dollar Harmony guitar.

Despite being considered one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Buckingham never actually took guitar lessons and doesn’t read music. He met future girlfriend and Fleetwood Mac bandmate Stevie Nicks when they both attended the Menlo-Atherton High School. Together they formed The Fritz Rabyne Memorial Band, which became quite popular on the local music scene, and even ended up opening for acts such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Santana.

After Fritz disbanded, Nicks and Buckingham started dating; both attended the San Jose State College but dropped out after to make music in Los Angeles. The pair managed to sign a record deal with Polydor and released their first album Buckingham Nicks in November 1973.

However, due to poor sales, the label dropped Buckingham and Nicks. Despite this, the album played a crucial role in the couple’s lives. Fleetwood Mac’s Mick Fleetwood was searching for a new guitarist for the band when he came across the song Frozen Love in Sound City. When he found out that Buckingham was in fact recording at that very studio with Nicks, the introduction was made.

Buckingham insisted that he and Nicks were a package deal and Fleetwood decided to bring both of them into the band.

The new Fleetwood Mac lineup released a self-titled album in 1975 and was a commercial success, breaking the sales records for Warner Brothers. However, that success paled in comparison to the follow-up album, Rumours. Released two years later, Rumours went on to sell 40 million copies, hit No.1 in the US and the UK and won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1978.

The band’s third album, Tusk was released just over a year later and was primarily Buckingham’s vision. His lead single, Tusk reached No.8 on Billboard 100. Buckingham and Nicks broke up by the time Rumours was released and by the time Tusk came out, Buckingham had begun a relationship with Model Carol Ann Harris.

At the beginning of the 1980s, Buckingham began to explore other musical avenues, beyond Fleetwood Mac. In 1981 he released his first solo album, Law and Order, released Mirage with Fleetwood Mac in 1982, but then again released a second solo album, Go Insane, in 1984.

Despite this, and despite being well into crafting his third solo outing, Buckingham returned to the Fleetwood Mac fold to release Tango in the Night in 1987. The album was a success and featured many songs that Buckingham was working on for his solo project, including Big Love, Tango in the Night, Caroline and Family Man. However, the touring was beginning to take a heavy toll on Buckingham and in August 1987, Buckingham decided to quit touring and put some distance between him and Nicks.

‘Stevie and I weren’t even estranged; we just weren’t a couple any more,’ Buckingham recalled.

‘But none of us had the luxury of time and distance to allow for closure. And that’s what a shrink will tell you helps us to heal. So it was difficult on a lot of levels. Very difficult.’

The physical altercation between Nicks and Buckingham after the latter’s decision reportedly led to Buckingham to quit the band completely.

After his first break from Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham released a third solo album, Out of the Cradle in 1992. A fourth solo album written in the mid 90s, Gift of Screws, was held back so that Buckingham, who rejoined Fleetwood Mac in 1997, could actually include some of the songs on the band’s new album, Say You Will.

In 1998, Buckingham was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Fleetwood Mac. That same year his then girlfriend, Kristen Messner gave birth to their son, WIlliam Gregory Buckingham. The couple subsequently married in 2000 and had a daughter the same year.

Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac continued to tour as the Rumours quintet from 2014 until April 2018, when it was announced that Buckingham left the band again over a ‘disagreement’.

What is Lindsey Buckingham’s net worth?
Lindsey Buckingham’s net worth is estimated to be $80 million (£56.4m), according to Celebrity Net Worth.

Most of Buckingham’s net worth is made up of the money generated by the incredible success of Fleetwood Mac. The band’s second album, Rumours, is one of the 20 best-selling albums of all time.

When Buckingham rejoined the band in 1997, it was reported that he got $3.5 million for the reunion tour. Buckingham toured with Fleetwood Mac a total of nine times.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz5Gbxi197w
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 05-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Plus the last 20 millions of Bucks net worth are from flipping that house in Brentwood they just sold.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Increase in Net Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Plus the last 20 millions of Bucks net worth are from flipping that house in Brentwood they just sold.
The value of the house was undoubtedly included in the net worth, but at what value? If was included at, say, $18M, and if that amount was included in the $80M, it could be $82M now. However, if it was included at $25M, and sold for $20M, his net worth could have decreased to $75M.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don’t believe these sites. They had my friend being worth $20 million, and he’s nowhere near that. He’s not even close to $1 million. They contacted the site, and were told they could put out whatever they wanted, facts be damned.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
The value of the house was undoubtedly included in the net worth, but at what value? If was included at, say, $18M, and if that amount was included in the $80M, it could be $82M now. However, if it was included at $25M, and sold for $20M, his net worth could have decreased to $75M.
right, my point was just that article says all his / Buck money is from FM. i added that it's not necessarily, lately. it might also be from flipping houses.

and i am also with Steve, i think these sites and their info are pure bs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Net worth is not money in the bank. Its total value of everything. If Lindsey sold all of his homes, artwork, guitars, Fleetwood mac stuff, etc plus all this investments would not surprise me at all around 80 million. I imagine the huge world tour before Chris came back and On With The Show tour yielded him 10 million easily over those 3 years. Just him and his wife flipping houses over the past 10 years probably yielded another 10 million.