Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I do think they are deliberately quiet now--I agree with you Homer. They are completely aware of the bad press, and it's not blowing over. Stevie's little tune with Leeanne Rimes trickled out and maybe generated interest and got her name in people's minds. Perhaps we see something heading into the gig in Vegas in September. Their last 2 interviews were epic disasters and it's pretty clear they were less than genuine as to what actually went down. They gotta get this crew singing from the same hymn book before they let them loose again.
$tevie: I told Mick, I'm not going out there and lying again. I don't care how bad we need the new promotion. And he knows it was his decision to get rid of Lindsey. I could have had Lindsey stay, but it was Mick who decided to uproot this band. I don't need this band. It was always mine and Lindsey's band and without him I could just have my solo career.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$tevie: I told Mick, I'm not going out there and lying again. I don't care how bad we need the new promotion. And he knows it was his decision to get rid of Lindsey. I could have had Lindsey stay, but it was Mick who decided to uproot this band. I don't need this band. It was always mine and Lindsey's band and without him I could just have my solo career.
And Lindsey and I joined the band when we were 16 and 17.... no, that's not right.

Can we please stay on topic?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And Lindsey and I joined the band when we were 16 and 17.... no, that's not right.

Can we please stay on topic?
HEY! I started this thread. NO threadjacking on my watch!!!!
Old 07-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's because Lindsey left by his own choice in 87. While that might have been a little bit of drama, it's nothing compared to now. They're now in the final chapter of the book, and f*cked it up like this? They RUINED it. They're embarrassed, and hoping it will blow over. It won't.
I agree. With the exception of Finn who manages his own twitter account and knows directly the upset and backlash, the others who have assistants managing their social media have been constantly bombarded by fans about how revolted we are at LBs firing and they have gone into hiding. What defensive do they have? And with KB exposing their lies... It doesn't make them look pretty does it?!
Old 07-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The band's so quiet at this stage—practically no interviews, no news, and no bling. Go back to 1990: Remember the magazine cover stories, the TV interviews, the rehearsal film from Santa Monica CA (with great versions of Landslide and Go Your Own Way)? This latest configuration should give up some teasers to whet the appetite. Remember in 1998 when Jim Ladd aired some audio from Stevie's tour rehearsal (After the Glitter Fades and Gold Dust Woman)? Let some stuff out! Revive the official band site and post some multimedia! Ever since about 1998, Fleetwood Mac marketing has been a bunch of dorks.
Because now they are officially DEAD, except in Australia, just to keep this thread on topic.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Because now they are officially DEAD, except in Australia, just to keep this thread on topic.
The NEW Fleetwood Mac--sold to Australia--for free
Old 07-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Quote:
Awesomeness! Australia, topic included.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Mamas and Papas are one of my fave groups since the mid 60's, and they're the prototype for dysfunctional bands like our beloved Mac.

However, that biz from Mckenzie about her diddles with dad were just horrifying and I grimace just thinking about it...but I'll never stop listening to Monday Monday etc. just because the music is too darn good..

so I'm thinking the same as I'm sitting here listening to Future Games...that music is just too darn good, they can't muck it up for me now no matter what they do.

For some reason I have incredible empathy for Lindsey and frankly, without him the band ceases to exist for me. I still like the other band members but regret them making such a decision. I think it still sucks and would rather have seen them just break up.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
USA: "Gday mates! Buy them now, and for a limited time only, we'll throw in an extra tambourine!"
Australia: "(looks at Australian ticket prices) Er, any chance you could make them 'cheaper than free'??"
USA: (thrusts Fleetwood Mac 'Mixed Bag' at customer)
Australia: "(inspects contents) Hey, there's no Lindsey Buckingham in here!"
USA: "No Questions Asked! (slams shop shut)"
Old 07-21-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
USA: "Gday mates! Buy them now, and for a limited time only, we'll throw in an extra tambourine!"
Australia: "(looks at Australian ticket prices) Er, any chance you could make them 'cheaper than free'??"
hahahahahahaha
Old 07-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Old 07-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
The Mamas and Papas are one of my fave groups since the mid 60's, and they're the prototype for dysfunctional bands like our beloved Mac.

However, that biz from Mckenzie about her diddles with dad were just horrifying and I grimace just thinking about it...but I'll never stop listening to Monday Monday etc. just because the music is too darn good..

so I'm thinking the same as I'm sitting here listening to Future Games...that music is just too darn good, they can't muck it up for me now no matter what they do.

For some reason I have incredible empathy for Lindsey and frankly, without him the band ceases to exist for me. I still like the other band members but regret them making such a decision. I think it still sucks and would rather have seen them just break up.
Omg...The Mamas and the Papas. That situation is probably the only real time I think something personal about a band member legitimately tarnished their music. You hear about people doing all kinds of things, especially in the days of intense drug use, but... that is just... something WAY beyond overlookable. Especially because John was really the creatively musically gifted one of the group when it came to creating their music but to know he was disturbed like that is hard to stomach. And especially how Michelle for a long time said she didn't believe it. Granted she did marry and have a kid with him herself, it makes sense she would be in denial. But the whole thing, just, yikes.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HEY! I started this thread. NO threadjacking on my watch!!!!
Wow, you really do enjoy being an arsehole, not just to me but to anyone who disagrees with you, or stands up for keeping discussions relevant to the concept/idea of the thread... I've seen you make fun of many, many people. Occasionally they laugh back, but mainly they don't, and you couldn't give a sh!t.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Wow, you really do enjoy being an arsehole, not just to me but to anyone who disagrees with you, or stands up for keeping discussions relevant to the concept/idea of the thread... I've seen you make fun of many, many people. Occasionally they laugh back, but mainly they don't, and you couldn't give a sh!t.
I love almost everyone here. When you rant about 'don't you dare post off topic on MY thread', it comes across as childish.

If you'll notice, I wasn't the first one to point it out.

That said, my friend(that I loaned that money to, for all who remember everything here) is doing an internship in MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, as I type this. Just to stay on topic.

Now why don't you go jump on everyone else who made fun of "staying on topic"?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love almost everyone here. When you rant about 'don't you dare post off topic on MY thread', it comes across as childish.

If you'll notice, I wasn't the first one to point it out.

That said, my friend(that I loaned that money to, for all who remember everything here) is doing an internship in MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, as I type this. Just to stay on topic.

Now why don't you go jump on everyone else who made fun of "staying on topic"?
And of course, I love you.

And just to stay on topic, I love Olivia Newton John!!

Seriously, I do love her. I just don’t know how to stay on topic anymore
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.