The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Don't Stop Live-On With the Show!

Is it just me or does it seem like Stevie's vocals need to be turned down in the mix during Don't Stop? I can't hear Chris' voice that well during the chorus, but I do hear Lindsey.

What do you think?
Old 05-07-2015, 08:34 AM

I wish she didn't sing on Don't Stop. Her voice isn't dominant in the album mix. It gets ruined for me that her voice is up in the live mix.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't diss the goddess plz

ps: ditch all FM songs and play 24 Karat Gold
Old 05-07-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Don't diss the goddess plz

ps: ditch all FM songs and play 24 Karat Gold
gross.com.........
Old 05-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
gross.com.........
I kid I kid.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I kid I kid.
HAHA.. me too...
Old 05-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HAHA.. me too...
Fortunately I didn't fall for it.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Fortunately I didn't fall for it.
My hats off to you! I get a lot of crap...

Mostly brought on by myself... ;-)

I don't take it that seriously. Says the man with 6500 posts. lol

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-07-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel Don't Stop is the 4th best song in the set this year behind Sisters GDW and So Afraid. And that's saying a lot because I really can't stand the song usually especially the studio version, so I really don't care if the choruses don't sound like the studio version, not really caring for it. Stevie's extra presence doesn't add or subtract from the song it's just there. The reason I think it's such a great song live is it's up such an instrumental high point especially for Christine at the end.it almost reminds of the versions from the lat tusk and mirage tours.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I feel Don't Stop is the 4th best song in the set this year behind Sisters GDW and So Afraid. And that's saying a lot because I really can't stand the song usually especially the studio version, so I really don't care if the choruses don't sound like the studio version, not really caring for it. Stevie's extra presence doesn't add or subtract from the song it's just there. The reason I think it's such a great song live is it's up such an instrumental high point especially for Christine at the end.it almost reminds of the versions from the lat tusk and mirage tours.
I agree with all of this, except I didn't care for Sisters, and during Mirage tour it was my all time favorite song. I love GDW live and So Afraid and LIttle Lies surprisingly was awesome. Better than the Tango Cage Tour.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with all of this, except I didn't care for Sisters, and during Mirage tour it was my all time favorite song. I love GDW live and So Afraid and LIttle Lies surprisingly was awesome. Better than the Tango Cage Tour.
Everyone I know is hating on SOTM, and it was one of the highlights of the show for me. I love that song.

I wish the old goat would go for the "A" in the chorus....because she can hit the A in GDW, but she still won't try for it(the A) on SOTM.

Lames.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default is there a chorus?

in SOTM? to me, it seems like a string of verses with musical interludes , then the bridge... am I mistaken?
Old 05-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Everyone I know is hating on SOTM, and it was one of the highlights of the show for me. I love that song.

I wish the old goat would go for the "A" in the chorus....because she can hit the A in GDW, but she still won't try for it(the A) on SOTM.

Lames.
Sisters of the Moon has a chorus?!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Lames.
Out of interest- you seem to pretty much hate 2/3 of the creative members of this band. Why the hell do you actually go to their concerts? Is this some form of self-torture.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Out of interest- you seem to pretty much hate 2/3 of the creative members of this band. Why the hell do you actually go to their concerts? Is this some form of self-torture.
Because he loves Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was around long before she came into the band. Still, he loves a lot of Stevie's music, (even solo). We've grown up with it.

Further, he doesn't hate Stevie, just the way she acts , her bouts of pretension, and the way some of her fans act.

Finally, this is not a message board for everyone to honk and schill for the band. Opposing opinions and negative discussion are welcome, which is why I love coming here. This isn't Nazi Germany and Stevie ain't the fuhrer.

And Homer, if you ever stop making fun of Stevie, I'll come to Indiana and beat you.