The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the new Rolling Stone, there is a picture of Lana Del Rey at Lollapalooza wearing a flowing red outfit, and the caption is "Born to Tie-Dye: Lana Del Rey went full-on Stevie Nicks for her superchill set."
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Gretzky's daughter loves Stevie]

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...off-the-market

The leggy Paulina has a reported passion for dancing and singing. In past interview with Complex, Paulina described her music as "very pop mainstream," explaining, "When I first started, I wanted this Avril Lavigne, Gwen Stefani rocker girl vibe, but then I grew up and changed. I have a very raspy voice. My inspiration has always been Stevie Nicks. Hopefully it won't sound like what everybody else is doing right now, and hopefully people will see the uniqueness in my voice and fall in love with it." Her single "Collecting Dust" was featured on MTV's Laguna Beach in 2004.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about renovating a camper]

http://www.lamag.com/lastyle/theclut...ving-the-dream

I don’t expect to be glamping anytime soon, though I often catch myself fantasizing about future Instagram snaps showing off our trailer’s varied textures in perfect lighting at dusk. I’m inspired by the idea of Stevie Nicks and Steve Jobs on a romantic getaway. Just imagine the Southern California adventures the chanteuse and techie would find together—and the simple, yet luxurious look of their hypothetical love camper. My boyfriend on the other hand is excited to apply his physical engineering talents to problem solving in a small space.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RES Of Talib Kweli’s Javotti Media Reveals Release Date For “Refried Mac” EP
by Yohance Kyles (@HUEYmixwitRILEY) September 4th, 2013 @ 4:02pm

http://allhiphop.com/2013/09/04/res-...efried-mac-ep/

(AllHipHop News) Philadelphia’s genre bending singer RES is set to release her next project the Refried Mac EP next month. The project, produced by Tom Spiker, will feature five reworked Fleetwood Mac’s songs and serves as the precursor to RES’ next studio album due out in 2014.

Refried Mac will be RES’ first solo project since 2009′s Black.Girls.Rock! As one half of the group Idle Warship with Talib Kweli, she contributed to the Party Robot mixtape and Habitats of the Heart album. Refried Mac will be released through Kweli’s Javotti Media.

[ALSO CHECK OUT: Idle Warship (Talib Kweli & Res) – Driving Me Insane]
“RES is an absolute treasure. She is one of my favorite artists in the world to work with and listen to. I did not want to live in a world where I could not find RES music, so I’m doing everything I can to help her get it out,” states Kweli.

Refried Mac is scheduled for release October 15th through Javotti Media/ Entertainment One Music.

[ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Talib Kweli Escapes The Prison Of The ‘Conscious Rapper’ Label With New Album]

Check out the tracklist for the Refried Mac EP and a video of RES performing “Dreams” below.

1. Rhiannon
2. Dreams
3. The Chain
4. Little Lies
5. Edge of Seventeen
Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Taleb Kweli is one of my favorite hip hop artists. I've never heard of the girl though.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Tavi Gevinson's Ted Talk

http://wwno.org/post/what-does-it-me...feminist-today

I mean, we have articles called "On Taking Yourself Seriously: How to Not Care What People Think of You." But we also have articles like "How to Look Like You Weren't Just Crying in Less than Five Minutes." So what I want you to take away from my talk - the lesson of all of this is to just be Stevie Nicks. Like, that's all you have to do because my favorite thing about her - other than, like, everything - is that she is very - has always been unapologetically present on stage and unapologetic about her flaws and about reconciling all of her contradictory feelings. And she makes you listen to them and think about them. And yeah. So please be Stevie Nicks. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

7 Musicians We'd Like to See Join Kim Gordon On Girls Season 3

by Maggie Dolan and Abby Schreiber
http://www.papermag.com/2013/09/kim_...ason_three.php

Stevie Nicks as...a Vintage Store Owner

While spending an afternoon vintage shopping on the Lower East Side, Jessa falls upon Nicks' shop and immediately becomes obsessed with her AND the idea that Nicks' is her long-lost aunt. Nicks' character is suffering from early onset dementia and goes along with the idea until her real niece shows up at the store to take her to her monthly doctor's appointment. Jessa is devastated and disappears to Bali.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an article on Patricia Richey:

http://www.prlog.org/12207676-patric...titled-ep.html

Richey names as main artistic influences a wide variety of artists.

“In terms of performing, I love Stevie Nicks,” she says. “I also really love contemporary country like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, and alternative music like Grace Potter, Mumford & Sons, and Lana Del Rey.”
Old 09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Huffington Post/Entertainment: What Stevie Nicks thinks of Beyonce

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...=entertainment

Stevie Nicks On Beyonce: 'She's Not Skanky. I'm Glad We Have Her'

Stevie Nicks has spoken out against pop stars in the past, but she has nothing but love for Beyonce.

“Beyonce’s great," the 65-year-old Fleetwood Mac singer told The Telegraph. "She’s got her alter ego [her stage persona, Sasha Fierce], but Beyonce the girl, the woman, is very sweet and nice and polite. She’s a good role model. She’s not skanky. I’m glad we have her.”

Nicks would know, having appeared in the video for Destiny's Child's 2001 single "Bootylicious" -- a song that sampled Nicks' 1981 hit "Edge of Seventeen."

The "Rhiannon" goddess sings a different tune about Beyonce than she has certain pop stars in the past, namely Britney Spears. After Spears' "obnoxious" 2003 MTV VMA smooch with Madonna, Nicks said the singer needed to "figure a way out of this hole she has dug for herself." Nicks told Extra in 2009 that Spears is not a "real rock star" because she "did not join a band when she was 18 and practice every day for five hours Monday through Friday and then play gigs Friday, Saturday and Sunday."
Old 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an Interview Magazine interview with Ernest Greene

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/mus...ut-paracosm#/_

HAFFORD: One of the interesting things to me about Fleetwood Mac is that their entire career with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham is songs about that relationship, which has been over for 40 years but they're still performing them. Do you feel like that introspection is something that you respond to in their music or look for in your own music?

GREENE: I think so. For me personally, I'm always writing from what's happening in my emotional life. Even without thinking about it a lot of the time, it comes out in the songs that I'm writing. I think one reason why this record is kind of uplifting is that I was in a really good place making it, which is a lot different than Within and Without and my previous couple of EPs before that. I hope that I would eventually grow and write from different perspectives but right now I don't think I've changed that much since college or since I was a young adult. It started from a very personal place.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from this article about Cheryl Cole's instagram photos]

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion...ng-with-stevie

Meanwhile Kate Moss was photographed hanging out with Fleetwood Mac legend Stevie Nicks by her friend Fran Cutler while Suki Waterhouse found some time to chill in her home from home, a Burberry bag. As you do!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Kate Moss and Stevie Nicks? Good find. I wonder if Stevie gave her a drugs talk?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's niece Jess posted online pics of her and Kate and joked about feeling fat next to her. Apparently Kate was hanging out in Stevie's dressing room. Lori mentioned Kate loved Jessi's pink hair.