The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is really popular right now. I mean, objectively speaking, I'm surprised how much positive press she's getting. After her last solo tour, then the FM chaos and tour, then being the first woman to be inducted in the RRHOF twice, then her movie, and now her new song... for an artist who became famous in 1975 to still be going strong like this is incredible. I can't think of another female artist comparable to her that's enjoying such success at this stage in her life. I mean, I love Pat Benatar and Heart, and they're still around and doing well, but not to the degree Stevie is. The Go-Go's had a documentary released this year and a new song, and they're considered pioneers for being the first all female band, but their comeback is not at this level. And add on the return of Dreams to the charts, just... Wow.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The Go-Go's had a documentary released this year and a new song, and they're considered pioneers for being the first all female band, but their comeback is not at this level. And add on the return of Dreams to the charts, just... Wow.
The Go-Go's are not the first all female band by a long shot. Goldie & the Gingerbreads was an all-female American rock band from 1962 to 1967. They were the first all-female rock band signed to a major record label.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
The Go-Go's are not the first all female band by a long shot. Goldie & the Gingerbreads was an all-female American rock band from 1962 to 1967. They were the first all-female rock band signed to a major record label.
I've never heard of them! I should have said the Go-Go's were the first all-female rock band to have a hit. More specifically they were the first all-female rock band to have a #1 album.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never heard of them! I should have said the Go-Go's were the first all-female rock band to have a hit. More specifically they were the first all-female rock band to have a #1 album.
“Baby, Baby can’t you hear my heart beat”
Goldie and the gingerbreads...hit from 1965.
Even in the UK.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is really popular right now. I mean, objectively speaking, I'm surprised how much positive press she's getting. After her last solo tour, then the FM chaos and tour, then being the first woman to be inducted in the RRHOF twice, then her movie, and now her new song... for an artist who became famous in 1975 to still be going strong like this is incredible. I can't think of another female artist comparable to her that's enjoying such success at this stage in her life. I mean, I love Pat Benatar and Heart, and they're still around and doing well, but not to the degree Stevie is. The Go-Go's had a documentary released this year and a new song, and they're considered pioneers for being the first all female band, but their comeback is not at this level. And add on the return of Dreams to the charts, just... Wow.
Speaking of shrines....let's see it!!! Post pics.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She always seems to like to remind people that she "had" him before any of the other women in his life. She hates him, but she wants to retain some sort of claim to ownership of him.
It's really mental. Her ego hates him because she can't own him. But, she still wants people to believe she still owns him.

Ex-girlfriend? Really, $tevie?? You're lucky he will even talk about you and your disgusting behavior.

Also, $he gives health advice to people like she's a role model. How many addictions has this woman gone through? Christine looks in way better shape than $tevie. And I'm willing to bet she's still on something. She really sounds like a drug attic when $he speaks. The lies, and justifications, etc. And, there's nothing funny about that.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Speaking of shrines....let's see it!!! Post pics.
You have one of me, right?
Old 10-17-2020, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
for an artist who became famous in 1975 to still be going strong like this is incredible. I can't think of another female artist comparable to her that's enjoying such success at this stage in her life.
Streisand, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Mavis Staples, Emmylou Harris...Aretha was going strong up until a year before she died.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2020, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You have one of me, right?
Yes, it's called the bar by my pool. We call it the Fritz Rabarotta Memorial Bar

I actually have a $tevie shrine as well. It's a dual purpose shrine, as it's also a dartboard. I've been popping $tevie's pimples for years!
Old 10-17-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yes, it's called the bar by my pool. We call it the Fritz Rabarotta Memorial Bar

I actually have a $tevie shrine as well. It's a dual purpose shrine, as it's also a dartboard. I've been popping $tevie's pimples for years!
$hrine of idiots. And as we have seen, idiots and liars are popular in these times. It's amazing how many people will believe and worship anything because of popularity. Nothing is sacred.

And Fritz Rabarotta welcomes. you.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-17-2020 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$hrine of idiots. And as we have seen, idiots and liars are popular in these times. It's amazing how many people will believe and worship anything because of popularity. Nothing is sacred.

And Fritz Rabarotta welcomes. you.
And they're strangely fine with worshiping idiots and liars. Which boggles my mind...

You've always welcomed me with open ar.....vodka!
Old 10-17-2020, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Streisand, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Mavis Staples, Emmylou Harris...Aretha was going strong up until a year before she died.
... Diana, Cher, and Bette.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I was definitely limited in my scope... I guess I was thinking pure rock. Although I've never heard of Mavis Staples, Aretha is very comparable to Stevie's longevity. I wouldn't put Stevie in the same category as Dolly or Barbra, I mean they're in the stratosphere! Unwinded dreams mentioned Bette Midler, Cher, and Diana Ross too, and of course all three of them are actresses as well. So with the past 4 years, I'd say Stevie is in good company.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To those of us who've been around here nearly 20 years, who can't say we haven't seen this before? Stevie's revisionist history and her own brand of fake news. If only once she'd tell the real truth about she and Lindsey, we could all put the bottle down and come out of our collective stupor. For over 4 decades now, she's come to believe her own truth while everyone else shakes their head in amazement at her relative inability to accurately recall or reflect upon what really happened. I , for one , can't wait until Lindsey pens his tome about events. The dichotomy will be refreshing. Between the two, it's like watching nearly 50 years of political theatre. Hey Stevie, is it truth over lies or truth over facts? You can't have it both ways.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
To those of us who've been around here nearly 20 years, who can't say we haven't seen this before? Stevie's revisionist history and her own brand of fake news. If only once she'd tell the real truth about she and Lindsey, we could all put the bottle down and come out of our collective stupor. For over 4 decades now, she's come to believe her own truth while everyone else shakes their head in amazement at her relative inability to accurately recall or reflect upon what really happened. I , for one , can't wait until Lindsey pens his tome about events. The dichotomy will be refreshing. Between the two, it's like watching nearly 50 years of political theatre. Hey Stevie, is it truth over lies or truth over facts? You can't have it both ways.
I highly doubt Lindsey would ever want to tell the complete truth. I doubt he will do a complete autobiography.