User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I agree, her army references were eye-roll inducing at best (and I'm not typically a Stevie basher.) But even by her standards, that reference just went too far!
Christine’s made that comment, too. Touring is very regimented, more so than most would think. I agree it’s eye rolling, but I get what they’re saying.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine’s made that comment, too. Touring is very regimented, more so than most would think. I agree it’s eye rolling, but I get what they’re saying.
LOL I think they needed it. We've all seen the clips from Rumors and Tusk--they were all out on the rings of Saturn. The fact they were able to put on a show is a miracle. Whoever their drill instructor was---deserves a medal of honor in Stevie and Chris' army
Old 10-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
LOL I think they needed it. We've all seen the clips from Rumors and Tusk--they were all out on the rings of Saturn. The fact they were able to put on a show is a miracle. Whoever their drill instructor was---deserves a medal of honor in Stevie and Chris' army
That would be Mick and/or John Courage.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They made 2 albums and toured twice in 10 years. The analogy is demented—as pertains the viability of Fleetwood Mac.

She didn’t want to give up cocaine or be responsible for loving someone more than herself (as she said “I don’t want anyone asking me where I am going or when I am coming back”—this dictum applies to motherhood as much as marriage).

In a capitalist-consumerist society, legalized abortion is de facto eugenics.

So on the bright side: The human race is spared the propagation of her vile genes.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
They made 2 albums and toured twice in 10 years. The analogy is demented—as pertains the viability of Fleetwood Mac.

She didn’t want to give up cocaine or be responsible for loving someone more than herself (as she said “I don’t want anyone asking me where I am going or when I am coming back”—this dictum applies to motherhood as much as marriage).

So on the bright side: The human race is spared the propagation of her vile genes.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

thus, so is war.

I'm always amazed at how some people put human life on a pedestal and declare it is somehow more special or more important than any other life on the planet. It isn't. It's just a myth that was created eons ago by frightened humans sitting around the fire to say we are in the image of some fantasy god. We aren't. We're just mutating DNA like everything else on the planet.

At the embryonic stage it is just a growth on / in a woman's body. She can decide whether to have it removed or let it grow. It doesn't affect anyone other than her directly, and whomever she chooses to involve in her decision. One's life could be ended while still a bundle of cells, or by getting hit by a bus, or by cancer, or by an enemy grenade. There is no guarantee of anything. Thus, enjoy the life you have whilst you have it, love the ones you love, and be happy if you wake up again tomorrow morning.

Of course, I have no more knowledge than anyone else, and I could be wrong.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-17-2020 at 03:38 PM..
Old 10-18-2020, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can you IMAGINE the horrible child that $he would have had, had $he allowed them to happen?

And we think $he's awful...that kid would have been the worst brat in the history of the world!
Old 10-18-2020, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
What an awful interview. I cringed reading it. What has happened to this woman I used to admire? It's honestly upsetting.
Not only is it upsetting, it's unsettling. She's become embittered. Laying in bed with your dog while reading Vogue may just do that to you. Let's just hope Harry Styles isn't buying all of this nonsense. We know Lindsey is not.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thus, so is war.

I'm always amazed at how some people put human life on a pedestal and declare it is somehow more special or more important than any other life on the planet. It isn't. It's just a myth that was created eons ago by frightened humans sitting around the fire to say we are in the image of some fantasy god. We aren't. We're just mutating DNA like everything else on the planet.

At the embryonic stage it is just a growth on / in a woman's body. She can decide whether to have it removed or let it grow. It doesn't affect anyone other than her directly, and whomever she chooses to involve in her decision. One's life could be ended while still a bundle of cells, or by getting hit by a bus, or by cancer, or by an enemy grenade. There is no guarantee of anything. Thus, enjoy the life you have whilst you have it, love the ones you love, and be happy if you wake up again tomorrow morning.

Of course, I have no more knowledge than anyone else, and I could be wrong.
Agree 100%.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I always prefer it when artists and forum members steer clear of politics and discussions about abortion. No matter which side of the fence you're on, someone takes it personally and we all go down the rabbit hole of discontent. Stevie's recent posts about Trump and abortion make me question her sanity even more given that she's always steered clear of political discussions. I do sense that she's somewhat of a Conservative libertarian though. Socially liberal, economicalky conservative. I'd prefer she and others keep me guessing.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nah, $he has no genuine political philosophy. When $he name drops political figures and causes, $he's only trying to appear hip or relevant. $he is nothing but a greedy, old, narcissist who thinks the world revolves around her.

It doesn't.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
I always prefer it when artists and forum members steer clear of politics and discussions about abortion. No matter which side of the fence you're on, someone takes it personally and we all go down the rabbit hole of discontent. Stevie's recent posts about Trump and abortion make me question her sanity even more given that she's always steered clear of political discussions. I do sense that she's somewhat of a Conservative libertarian though. Socially liberal, economicalky conservative. I'd prefer she and others keep me guessing.
I agree completely. Why would anyone obsessed with money(which $he obviously is) risk alienating half of their fan base?

Just STFU and drone your drone. Collect your check. STFU.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Shut up and sing" was a gross, misogynist comment when it was directed at The Chicks, and the same is true now.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
"Shut up and sing" was a gross, misogynist comment when it was directed at The Chicks, and the same is true now.
I would say exactly the same to a man. So there's your misogyny. DREAMED.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Can you IMAGINE the horrible child that $he would have had, had $he allowed them to happen?

And we think $he's awful...that kid would have been the worst brat in the history of the world!
The child of Stevie Nicks and Don Henley?

I need a valium just thinking about it.

THE Stephen Hopkins