User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes but what that "something" will be is anyone's guess...I'll wager it'll be about her last youthful years and how grateful she is to have been the first female inducted into the RRHOF as a solo artist and band member, how the Kennedys come to her across the Persian carpet of her dreams, and that Lindsey is still alive and kicking because he followed her advice despite their divorce.
Of course she should say something about it and act grateful, not like an entitled rock star. I don’t know what planet some of the people on this site are on. It is the right thing to do. (The right thing is not necessarily the smart thing) Stevie is making a ton of money on this from publishing rights because of this man who couldn’t even afford a vehicle.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I never suggested that she or the band pay him.

All I said was she could acknowledge the whole situation... if not him personally, then just act like you know what's going on outside of your nag champa fog. She's so upset and frightened about covid etc etc.....this is just a nice, positive thing instead, one that has boosted her visibility right now, and again, I'll repeat it would give her the chance to say what she's always said about wanting her songs to lift people up and take them away even for 3 minutes and bring them joy.

I don't expect her to say anything. If she does, she will look like a moron because as these things go, they're here and gone in five minutes. The whole thing has already mostly blown over, so commenting now just makes her look too old and out of it. I'm not Mick's biggest fan but I will give him credit that his timing on it (regardless of his motivations) was perfect (and he attributes that to his kids urging him to do something in response). And he talked to the guy on air on BBC and looked like 'wow what a nice guy so nice to his band's fans'. Maybe Stevie thinks that's enough; Mick interacted with the hoi polloi so she doesn't have to.

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.
How would anyone know Stevie is not grateful. People really think that? OMG. Mick sends a personal letter and appears with the guy on TV as a surprise and even thanked him and made a video as tribute.

OMG I dont know what people think the band or Stevie needs to do. Maybe Stevie reached out to him. She does not have to tell the world. As the Bible says...anonymous forms of charity are the best. The people that go public and brag usually dont give that much and look for praise instead.
Just imagine for a moment that Stevie put out a giant statement telling the world she gave him $10,000. OMG the twitterverse and this board would light up like a Christmas tree scolding her for being so cheap.
People are smart enough to not fall for those traps.

Remember the story "Miracle on the Hudson." The captain did a successful water landing that was never accomplished before and saved everyone's life. Could you imagine your gratitude to his pilot. US Airways rescued all the passengers and gave everyone on board $4,000 for any property that may have been ruined during the water landing. Most of the stuff was ok so it was free money. Then US Airways started to give the passengers more free stuff like upgrades to their loyalty program, etc. Everyone was praising them until they added another perk: 50% off your next flight. Then everyone started attacking and flaming US Airways how cheap they were and the heroic story got lost in the Corporate airline vs passengers. Your life was saved yet people are scolding them for offering a discount on future air travel. You see.....the same thing would happen here. The beautiful video would be lost in people attacking Stevie for being cheap, etc. Mick wrote a private letter that NO ONE knew about until the news segment when Mick met the guy. People should not assume either way the Stevie has not reached out to this guy. That's so grade school stuff.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-12-2020 at 05:16 AM..
Old 10-12-2020, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1260721]How would anyone know Stevie is not grateful. People really think that? OMG. Mick sends a personal letter and appears with the guy on TV as a surprise and even thanked him and made a video as tribute.

I will be insulted and dismissed and called an apologist for saying this, but the truth is a lot of the people on this board simply do not like Stevie Nicks and anything she does will be met with criticism, whether it is presuming to know what she thinks about THIS or ANY subject, or if it is commentary about her music.

This was the case long before the Lindsey being fired situation, but that only exacerbated this.

If she did comment on this lame topic, I doubt people would be satisfied with whatever she said.

There's a lot of attachment/fixation going on. It had been about a year since I had signed on and people are having the SAME complaints/insults. It's really unhealthy.

But as someone who has been studying Buddhism the last two years, it is endlessly fascinating.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How would anyone know Stevie is not grateful. People really think that? OMG. Mick sends a personal letter and appears with the guy on TV as a surprise and even thanked him and made a video as tribute.

OMG I dont know what people think the band or Stevie needs to do. Maybe Stevie reached out to him. She does not have to tell the world. As the Bible says...anonymous forms of charity are the best. The people that go public and brag usually dont give that much and look for praise instead.
Just imagine for a moment that Stevie put out a giant statement telling the world she gave him $10,000. OMG the twitterverse and this board would light up like a Christmas tree scolding her for being so cheap.
People are smart enough to not fall for those traps.

Remember the story "Miracle on the Hudson." The captain did a successful water landing that was never accomplished before and saved everyone's life. Could you imagine your gratitude to his pilot. US Airways rescued all the passengers and gave everyone on board $4,000 for any property that may have been ruined during the water landing. Most of the stuff was ok so it was free money. Then US Airways started to give the passengers more free stuff like upgrades to their loyalty program, etc. Everyone was praising them until they added another perk: 50% off your next flight. Then everyone started attacking and flaming US Airways how cheap they were and the heroic story got lost in the Corporate airline vs passengers. Your life was saved yet people are scolding them for offering a discount on future air travel. You see.....the same thing would happen here. The beautiful video would be lost in people attacking Stevie for being cheap, etc. Mick wrote a private letter that NO ONE knew about until the news segment when Mick met the guy. People should not assume either way the Stevie has not reached out to this guy. That's so grade school stuff.
If he were famous, she would let everyone know how grateful she was. We know her well.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=StevieandChris;1260722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

I will be insulted and dismissed and called an apologist for saying this, but the truth is a lot of the people on this board simply do not like Stevie Nicks and anything she does will be met with criticism, whether it is presuming to know what she thinks about THIS or ANY subject, or if it is commentary about her music.

This was the case long before the Lindsey being fired situation, but that only exacerbated this.

If she did comment on this lame topic, I doubt people would be satisfied with whatever she said.

There's a lot of attachment/fixation going on. It had been about a year since I had signed on and people are having the SAME complaints/insults. It's really unhealthy.

But as someone who has been studying Buddhism the last two years, it is endlessly fascinating.
Thanks for your assessment!
Old 10-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=HomerMcvie;1260732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post

Thanks for your assessment!
My pleasure! And no prescription for Klonopin needed!
Old 10-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Under normal circumstances she would be thrilled as punch about the TikTok dreams love-fest.

However, she has a new song out that she clearly thinks is on par with edge of 17 and stand back (insert belly laughs here) so I could see her being annoyed that this is getting more attention than her single. Who knows, maybe she's pissed at Mick because he drew even more attention to it. It's interesting that Mick isn't drumming on that new single too.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She admits to not understanding the internet and social media, and now that she knows that she will be questioned about her actions she's even less interested. After being surrounded by her yes people all these years she is probably shocked to hear anything negative about her music or behavior. Sad really because many people have used social media to promote themselves for next to nothing in cost and gotten rich, which you would think would appeal to her.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Under normal circumstances she would be thrilled as punch about the TikTok dreams love-fest.

However, she has a new song out that she clearly thinks is on par with edge of 17 and stand back (insert belly laughs here) so I could see her being annoyed that this is getting more attention than her single. Who knows, maybe she's pissed at Mick because he drew even more attention to it. It's interesting that Mick isn't drumming on that new single too.
Mick better look out. The old bitty will have him firing himself next!
Old 10-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick better look out. The old bitty will have him firing himself next!
Bwah! Firing is such an "ugly word"!

Last edited by Steviegirl; 10-12-2020 at 05:52 PM..
Old 10-12-2020, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Bwah! Firing is such an "ugly word"!
So is the "firer".
Old 10-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris Cuomo had that tiktok guy on CNN tonight.

Why can't I live my life quietly? Haven't I suffered enough?
Old 10-13-2020, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Chris Cuomo had that tiktok guy on CNN tonight.

Why can't I live my life quietly? Haven't I suffered enough?
CNN is old people who are five steps behind popular culture.

Like parents who discovered Facebook after all the kids had moved on to Instagram and then tiktok

At this rate, he might end up on the morning shows next week or the week after.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
CNN is old people who are five steps behind popular culture.

Like parents who discovered Facebook after all the kids had moved on to Instagram and then tiktok

At this rate, he might end up on the morning shows next week or the week after.
Well she commented--albeit with her own spin. On instagram--she's lacing up ROLLER SKATES (hello broken hip) singing dreams with a bottle of Ocean Spray on the ground next to her.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Well she commented--albeit with her own spin. On instagram--she's lacing up ROLLER SKATES (hello broken hip) singing dreams with a bottle of Ocean Spray on the ground next to her.
I saw that and I actually liked it. Baton Twirling and Roller Skates. She has a kid in her. That was a fun response.