User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmSir3 View Post
Nice! Up to B4 I think, and the Bb4s are strong.

Good G#4s there, and full voice C5s! Went down to G#3 a lot of times, think I heard a D#3 in there too.

Still looking for a solid note under C#3! Need to finish Say You Will, her lowest singing and harmonies are here.
Have you heard her harmonies on Miranda off there? Those are pretty low.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

The track is out of tune by about a quarter tone to my keyboard sadly, but I think it was down to E3. Strange guitar playing by Lindsey there!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Finally the non-"slowed down" God's Garden works! Definitely a B2, this version doesn't sound unnaturally low either. She seems to sing the lower harmony at first, and then a man (Waddy Watchel?) sings it from then on, which is a bit confusing. So 2 octaves and 4 semitones! Hopefully we can bring that up to 2 and a half octaves if we can find an A2 or F5. Or a Bb2 and an E5.

Has she performed Wild Heart live?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

At last! A strong Bb2 is buried in the fade of Destiny Rules! Judging by it she should have no problem with G#2...

What's good about this is we can now credit her with 2.5 octaves (with falsetto)! At the moment I'm researching into a different singer but happened to notice the Bb2 when listening. I may make a thread on Lindsey Buckingham in future, I'm already at D2-A5(!) just from casual listening, but this thread was very fun!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's vocal range 20hz to 20khz, here it is.

20hz ---------^----------20khz

Graph courtesy of Apple's V.D.C.A.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For what it's worth, her live performance of At Last is very impressive.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Stevie's vocal range 20hz to 20khz, here it is.

20hz ---------^----------20khz

Graph courtesy of Apple's V.D.C.A.
If only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
For what it's worth, her live performance of At Last is very impressive.
This was certainly different! Fantastic performance! Lovely Bb4s in there. I'll have to listen to the rest of that album sometime.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here is a revised video with better notes and less of them!

On another note, it turns out what I was defining as falsetto was actually female head voice! This explains why she seldom hits some of them live. Hooray!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WarmSir, thanks for doing all this. I really don't understand all the letters you use but it's great to know Stevie's range in terms of how big/small it is. That's something even I can understand.

But what I'd really love you to do is tell us how much range Stevie had during certain periods of her career. It would be cool to see the differences from every decade. And maybe split each decade up into 3s (early, mid and late) And see how much her vocal range has changed over the years. I think that would be really cool.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
WarmSir, thanks for doing all this. I really don't understand all the letters you use but it's great to know Stevie's range in terms of how big/small it is. That's something even I can understand.
I enjoy doing it! What do you not understand?

Quote:
But what I'd really love you to do is tell us how much range Stevie had during certain periods of her career. It would be cool to see the differences from every decade. And maybe split each decade up into 3s (early, mid and late) And see how much her vocal range has changed over the years. I think that would be really cool.
Yes yes, a good idea indeed! With the Christine topic I started sorting it by albums. Maybe this week I'll start that with Stevie. I think The Wild Heart could have the most range on a Stevie album but we'll see!

Thank you for the kind words!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I enjoy doing it! What do you not understand?

Yes yes, a good idea indeed! With the Christine topic I started sorting it by albums. Maybe this week I'll start that with Stevie. I think The Wild Heart could have the most range on a Stevie album but we'll see!

Thank you for the kind words!
Oh, I'm just not a very good musical person. So I don't understand the difference between a B3 or a E8. Except I'd assume one is higher/lower than the other.

Albums would be good. Don't forget about the Fleetwood Mac ones and Buckingham Nicks. It might be a good idea to incorporate live stuff into this idea too, and not just studio vocals?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If only!
That blip in my graph (^) is Stevie's vocal range.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I'm just not a very good musical person. So I don't understand the difference between a B3 or a E8. Except I'd assume one is higher/lower than the other.
Ah, well each octave has 12 notes, from lowest to highest C C# D Eb E F F# G G# A Bb B. The number refers to which octave the note is from. So C4 is an octave higher than C3 and an octave lower than C5, and lower than B4 but higher than B3. F#3 is higher than D3, etc.

Quote:
Albums would be good. Don't forget about the Fleetwood Mac ones and Buckingham Nicks. It might be a good idea to incorporate live stuff into this idea too, and not just studio vocals?
Of course! The Buckingham Nicks album has my favourite Stevie high note, the B4 from Frozen Love. Live is a good idea although I don't think I'll use bootlegs as they are sometimes recorded at the wrong speed which affects the pitch. Stevie is a more, how could I say, reliable? person when it comes to studio vocals, compared to Lindsey. Any manipulation of her voice is mostly found on FM albums, courtesy of Lindsey. A good example is the descending "I am what I am" passage in Family Man. I think she recorded two or three seperate "I am what I am"s because the echo is fairly soft but some of the lines are quite strong. If I am right this is Stevie's lowest singing on Tango In The Night but there's no way of being sure Her highest is a C#5 from Seven Wonders included in the video (How did I say it had nothing noteworthy earlier in the topic?! It's very rare she goes above C5... maybe I was listening to a different song)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That blip in my graph (^) is Stevie's vocal range.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
. Any manipulation of her voice is mostly found on FM albums, courtesy of Lindsey. A good example is the descending "I am what I am" passage in Family Man. I think she recorded two or three seperate "I am what I am"s because the echo is fairly soft but some of the lines are quite strong
That's not Stevie. It's Lindsey aping Stevie courtesy of his fondness for the vso.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's not Stevie. It's Lindsey aping Stevie courtesy of his fondness for the vso.
Really?! Sounds just like her! Scary!