Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks!
Here is my dilemma. Frankly I do not listen to FM or Stevie every day. Several days can go by where I don't directly listen to their music. HOWEVER, the name of either the band or my solo fav girl is mentioned on a daily basis. As often as perhaps my husbands or family members or my job skills. What's up with that? ANY spare money I make is directly funneled into FM related purchases and any money that CAN be made or obtained it pre-thought out on a Stevie/FM expenditure. That's sorta sick. Yea, I agree w/ Amber. It's a hobby, passion, lifestyle
That all makes a lot of sense to me, I can identify with it. I listen to other artists -- Tears for Fears, Elton John and this weekend I've become a recruit to The Cure -- but FM is constant and extensive in its impact on my life, in everything from my dress sense to my poetry.

And when my parents / family give out to me for spending all my money and time on the Mac, I like to tell them I could be out doing drugs instead. That soon puts it into perspective.

Though in a way, the Mac ARE my drug....

Last edited by Sahara; 04-04-2006 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My husband is bewildered by my obsession with FM. He can't comprehend how I can watch the same videos and listent to the same songs over and over and over. I remember taking him to a Dance show when we first started dating ..... he had a bad back that night and I was so mad that he couldn't run fast enough down the hallway at the arena to get to our seats so we wouldn't miss the first note of the show! (we were running late!) I was furious! I ran ahead of him!! He won't let me forget it t this day.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
My husband is bewildered by my obsession with FM. He can't comprehend how I can watch the same videos and listent to the same songs over and over and over. I remember taking him to a Dance show when we first started dating ..... he had a bad back that night and I was so mad that he couldn't run fast enough down the hallway at the arena to get to our seats so we wouldn't miss the first note of the show! (we were running late!) I was furious! I ran ahead of him!! He won't let me forget it t this day.
Oh thats too funny!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
My husband is bewildered by my obsession with FM. He can't comprehend how I can watch the same videos and listent to the same songs over and over and over.
My mom says the same thing. I'll go to watch one of my Mac DVDs, and she'll go, "But didn't you just watch this yesterday?!", "We've seen this already!"

She's one of those people who rarely watch movies and things over again, with a few exceptions. I can't understand that... I'll watch some things to death.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
My mom says the same thing. I'll go to watch one of my Mac DVDs, and she'll go, "But didn't you just watch this yesterday?!", "We've seen this already!"

She's one of those people who rarely watch movies and things over again, with a few exceptions. I can't understand that... I'll watch some things to death.
I'm the same way..
Old 04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I'm the same way..
People just don't get it, do they? For awhile, before the DVD player in my room crapped out on me (for some unknown reason), I'd alternate waking up to The Dance and the Mirage show. And it was the same thing.... "Don't you get sick of seeing this every morning?!"

Yeah, I get real sick of watching Lindsey drip sweat all over his guitar. Uh huh.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow I get that crap too

"You've already seen them. Why do you want to go see them again?" I get that with FM and Keith. My mom is still on to me about "wasting my time" going to see FM so many times in England instead of seeing London. I saw plenty of London...and I'll be going back so....

I don't see it as an obsession, which is an unhealthy thing, but a passion. Being obsessed is something I joke about, but I'm not obsessed with anything. Obsessions consume you and disrupt your regular daily life.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I work in a music store - and at least put FM/SN over the speakers 5 or 6 times a day. I have very varied taste to, but they are always on the top of my list. Regular customers call me obsessed because they will come in and I will be listening to the same cd they heard when they were in last time

Actually, today I was looking at my stores top seller list for the year so far, and Stevie's 'Timespace' is @ 24 - 31 copies sold
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FeMA

FLeETWOOD MACANNONYMOUS

So we all need a little bit of help. I figure we all aren't discussing different ways we'd like to kill people, so all is well in the world. lol

Quote:
That all makes a lot of sense to me, I can identify with it. I listen to other artists -- Tears for Fears, Elton John and this weekend I've become a recruit to The Cure -- but FM is constant and extensive in its impact on my life, in everything from my dress sense to my poetry.
I have to fav other acts, and what's funniest about them is that when it's Stevie time, you can NOT get me to stop listening to Siouxsie. When it's Siouxsie concert time, I find myself listening to a lot of Stevie. My theory is that it hypes me up for their perspective shows. If I am listening to Stevie in the car before a concert (unless it's still "new" material) what's the point of going inside for a listen?? Same thing w/ Sioux. I listen to such a myriad of music that I can't say I wane off on one particular person vs. FM and members. It's just a perpetual music life for me...must ALYWAYS have music around, and can't comprehend those that don't....nor comprehend those that don't constantly reorganize their collections. heheheheheheh.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Ledgie

My break didn't last too long, it seems as if I recieved the Say You Will - DVD Audio in the mail today...

Listening to this Album in DVD-Audio makes it sound like a competely different album, amazing, I wish I had better headphones.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva

Actually, today I was looking at my stores top seller list for the year so far, and Stevie's 'Timespace' is @ 24 - 31 copies sold

Start playing Street Angel. That baby needs to go Platinum! woot!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

Yeah!!! Spread it! Stevie is sad if her albums aren't platinum.

I wish I could play Stevie music for random groups of people whenever I wanted.
The Stevie/Mac army would take over the world.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I have played SA, and sold 2 in one day in december

But SA is now deleted - I can no longer get it in

Funnily enough, OSOTM is the biggest selling SN solo album in my store - apart from 'Timespace' - I think ive sold about 7 in the past 12 months (which is alot - considering the size of the store ) BD is on about 4, but we have only just started stocking it, WH is about 3, and TISL is about 3 as well. RAL is not on our system, so alas I have sold none
Old 04-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
oh absolutely, this is me.Lis
I guess what Lis means this is US.
Don't worry, were ok. All the other people are nuts.
Who wants to listen to everything, accept for FM???
Nice disorder, i don't care.

HAhahi, there coming to take me away ha.ha

Will LOL
Old 04-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseonthehill
My break didn't last too long, it seems as if I recieved the Say You Will - DVD Audio in the mail today...
My most recent one didn't either, as I received Jeremy's new album in the mail shortly after I made my first post in this thread. It's going to be a real nice rainy afternoon album.