User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I think Mick definitely has something planned for 2007 though, he's never one to miss out on a prime money-making opportunity.
Then why doesn't he SELL us Mirage, both the tour DVD, and the remastered CD?

-cuz he's not as smart as he is greedy!
Old 03-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Jyqm]Then they don't have to go, do they?

Then the tour would be cancelled, because no one would show up, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
(Also, I assure you, in Europe far more than 5% of the populace are familiar with the likes of Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer.)
Well yes of course, that FM was big over there, it wasn't here. Maybe its just us dumb Canadians or maybe I need to get new friends

Old 03-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
How ridiculous. No one's claiming that a Peter-Jeremy-John-Mick tour is going to fill arenas with beer-swilling boobs the way the Lindsey-Stevie show does. But not every tour in the world hits the sheds. The original line-up could launch a very successful tour of smallish clubs and theaters if they wanted to.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
How ridiculous. No one's claiming that a Peter-Jeremy-John-Mick tour is going to fill arenas with beer-swilling boobs the way the Lindsey-Stevie show does. But not every tour in the world hits the sheds. The original line-up could launch a very successful tour of smallish clubs and theaters if they wanted to.
donald fagen of Steely Dan is doing small theaters at the moment,very successful...
Old 03-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Of course they could. But it seems like Mick thinks so much about the money to agree to anything of the sort. So they won't. Would be cool, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
...Old What's Her Name, and the Spoiled Brat.
Which one's Stevie & which one's LB?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ya, but I'm talking in the real world.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Of course they could. But it seems like Mick thinks so much about the money to agree to anything of the sort. So they won't. Would be cool, though.
I believe Mick is on record a number of times in recent years saying he'd love to play with Peter or reunite the original Mac line-up.

I'm not talking about 2007. If Stevie and Lindsey want to play ball, I don't doubt that Mick will choose them every time over anybody else. But there's plenty of downtime when both of those two are off in their own airy-fairy worlds chronically masturbating with their own music, while Mick and John sit back and do whatever is they do in their free time. Those times are perfect opportunities for them to do something small-scale with the old boys.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not talking about 2007. If Stevie and Lindsey want to play ball, I don't doubt that Mick will choose them every time over anybody else. But there's plenty of downtime when both of those two are off in their own airy-fairy worlds chronically masturbating with their own music, while Mick and John sit back and do whatever is they do in their free time. Those times are perfect opportunities for them to do something small-scale with the old boys.
Perhaps they think it unwise to have two markedly different versions of Fleetwood Mac running simultaneously. Audience confusion and all that. "I thought I was here to see FLEETWOOD MAC -- who the hell's that on stage?"

Just guessing.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Le Stew pops in to say hello!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Which one's Stevie & which one's LB?
Granted, they're both spoiled brats. And Lindsey surely must be the most feminine straight man that ever walked! Watch the Tusk doc......just the way he carries himself.

No offense meant, to anyone other than Lindsey!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
If Green, Spencer, Kirwan, McVie & Fleetwood were to reunite for performances, I think it would be a premiere ticket for blues fanatics (who jam pack their own festivals every year throughout the United States), rock geezers of the Woodstock & post-Woodstock generations, critics & musicians (including megastar musicians & actors who would flock to the shows).

Obviously, the teen fan base would have no interest, except for the rare longhair playing his guitar in his basement whose idols are Jeff Beck & Peter Green.

There would definitely be a stir. In fact, I would go so far as to say that there would be a (gasp) cover story for Rolling Stone. It would definitely be major news in the music world.

To avoid the problem Stew addresses, they'd probably call it "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac" or something, but I think in the long run the nomenclature would be a moot point.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And as we know, even if Peter and Jeremy could fill arenas, they wouldn't be interested. Moot point.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I'm sure that there are some contractual & legal reasons why a more comprehensive box set would be a logistical nightmare. The whole fiasco of the litigation vs Clifford Davis is one big hassle to negotiate, since, if I recall correctly, he has a big chunk o' the pie of the pre-Heroes Are Hard To Find catalogue....and then there's the pre-Reprise stuff (Blue Horizon, Immediate).
Not anymore. Michelle Reynolds, Nigel Watson's sister and former manager of the Splinter Group, got them in the divorce.

NOTE: The cynic in me is about to have a stroke...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Strange that I have no issues with LB doing "Oh Well", though. I have no explanation for that. Sue me.
On that, I've heard it done by Peter, Bob, Lindsey, Billy, and even a duet with Bekka and Billy. So, for me, that song is more associated with Fleetwood Mac than Peter Green. Which is why I really don't have an issue with Bekka and Billy doing songs like "The Chain," "World Turning," SYLM, YMLF, GYOW, and "Don't Stop." Those are songs known as Fleetwood Mac songs. And, I think that's where the split amongst fans typically lies.

My THEORY is that a lot of fans really don't give a damn about the actual music. It's the drama and the image that the music represents that they actually like. Billy, Rick, Bekka, and Dave don't represent that drama or that image, so their music is quickly dismissed by certain fans. Fans, like myself, who enjoy all of the different incarnations, for whatever reason, don't get quite so caught up in the drama/image of those two, and take the music for what it is. But, ultimately, it's the image that sells, and they know it. The fact that "the kiss" was on the back cover of "The Dance" and was even used on a concert t-shirt proves that point to me.

Still, have you ever noticed how nobody flinches when Bekka or Stevie does a Christine McVie song (though, Stevie butchering the lyrics certainly hurt her cause in that regard). The suggestion that these two Californians, who prior to 1975 couldn't get arrested in their own back yards, somehow have songs that are so sacred that nobody dare ever cover them, is almost as overly dramatic as the two singer-songwriters in question. Oh sure, it was okay for them to do "Hypnotized," Bob's signature song, but heaven forbid Bekka does a song that was really just an album track. A favorite criticism was that Billy did "Blue Letter" in 1987. I'll let you ponder the irony for a moment.

I will say that I loved what Bekka and Billy did with GDW, especially compared to the horrid versions from 1987-1990 that I've heard. I certainly will take it over Hole's cover anyday. That having been said, I actually think "Angel" would have been a better Stevie cover for Bekka, and why they didn't do "Believe Me" is, no pun intended, a mystery to me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isnt all that legal crap so much fun to hear about.