Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Make Your Own Fleetwood Mac Timeline

Just having finished a whopping 3 assignments, i was in a mood to type. I was thinking about what I would have liked FM to do in terms of there career, so I thought I would make my own timeline So i came up with the following:

After Tango in the Night, the band decided to go on tour, Lindsey decided not to join them. The band asks ex-member Bob Welch to take his place.

After the successful tour, and an accompanying VHS/DVD of one leg of the tour, the band releases a Greatest Hits compilation, with two new songs from Stevie and Christine. The band takes a short break and ‘As Long As You Follow’ is released as a single, climbing the charts to number 20.

Stevie releases Other Side of the Mirror in 1989 peaking at number 5 on the charts – Releasing “Rooms on Fire” as the first single (number 3 on chart), “Long Way to Go” (number 9 on chart) as the second and ‘Ooh My Love” as the third (number 28 on the chart). Each with an accompanying commercial video. All this results in a short, sold out tour of the USA.

Fleetwood Mac decide to go back into the studio with and record “Behind The Mask” with Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks & re joined member Bob Welch, replacing Lindsey Buckingham. The album has the following tracklisting:

Skies the Limit Christine McVie
My Mind Bob Welch
Affairs of the Heart Stevie Nicks
Cry Love Bob Welch
Forever Bob Welch
Save Me Christine McVie
The Second Time Stevie Nicks
Behind the Mask Christine McVie
Devil Wind (Part II) Bob Welch & Stevie Nicks
Do You Know Christine McVie
Freedom Stevie Nicks
Trusting You Bob Welch

“Save Me” is the first single, with a commerical video, peaking at number 17 on the charts. The second single is a Bob Welch & Stevie Nicks duet, Devil Wind Part II (Part I being on Bob’s ‘Three Hearts’ album) peaking at number 19. There is a third single “Skies the Limit” which is released peaking at number 30, and no more singles are released. The album peaks at number 5 on the chart. The 'Behind The Mask' tour begins.

The 'Behind The Mask' tour is successful and concludes early 1991. Stevie releases ‘Timespace: The Best of Stevie Nicks’, peaking at number 15, with the accompanying single “Love’s A Hard Game to Play” resulting in a peak at number 20 on the chart. The accompanying tour is again sold out.

After the unexpected ‘failure’ of the ‘Behind the Mask’ album – John McVie & Mick Fleetwood decide to release a new album, this time it is a disc of rare, unreleased and new material especially compiled for this project, called ‘The Chain: New, Rare & Unreleased’ with the following tracklisting:

Love Shines Christine McVie (New Song)
Silver Springs Stevie Nicks (B Side – 1977)
Goodbye Angel Lindsey Buckingham (Unreleased – 1981)
Song of Love Bob Welch (Unreleased – 1990)
Paper Doll Stevie Nicks (New Song)
Ricky Christine McVie (Unreleased – 1987)
Lizard People Mick Fleetwood (B Side – 1990)
Down Endless Street Lindsey Buckingham (B Side 1987)
Bring Me Down Bob Welch (New Song)
Cool Water Lindsey, Mick & John (B Side – 1981)
You & I Part I Lindsey & Christine (B Side – 1987)
Heart of Stone Christine McVie (New Song)
Book of Miracles Instrumental (B Side – 1987)

The first single is ‘Heart of Stone’ – with a commercial video featuring all members of the band (sans Lindsey). It peaks at number 24 on the chart. ‘Paper Doll’ is released as a second single, with a commercial video with clips showing the bands past. It barely scrapes the top 40. The album peaks at number 28. There is no tour for this album. Lindsey also releases his album ‘Out of the Cradle’ in this year, with major critical praise. The album peaks at number 30 on the chart, and the single ‘I Want You’ barely scrapes the top 40 also, peaking at 38 before sliding off completely.

Stevie Nicks & Christine McVie decide to leave Fleetwood Mac, Mick decides to dismember the remaining band. Bob Welch, records a new album on Warner Music, but the album is shelved before release.

Stevie Nicks releases her solo project ‘Street Angel’ with the lead single ‘Maybe Love’ with a commercial video, which peaks at number 33. A second single ‘Blue Denim’ is released, again peaking just inside the top 40 at 35. The album peaks at number 30, but due to a lack of promotion from Modern Records, Stevie leaves the company by the end of the year. The Street Angel tour is sold out in all areas of the US and Canada.

Stevie, while recording a song for the Twister, asks Lindsey, Mick & John to play with her on the track, which becomes twisted. Although ‘Twisted’ was never released as a single, it starts the mending process between band members.

After a long break, Lindsey while trying to get a new solo project together, is encouraged by people from Warner to record with Fleetwood Mac instead. Lindsey agrees, and contacts Mick, who then proceeds to get the ‘Rumours’ era of the band together to record a new album ‘The Dance’ with the following tracklisting:

Bleed to Love Her Lindsey Buckingham
Under Pressure Christine McVie
Seasons Lindsey Buckingham
Sweet Girl Stevie Nicks
Temporary One Christine McVie
Change Your Mind Lindsey Buckingham
My Little Demon Lindsey Buckingham
Inspiration Stevie Nicks
Go Insane Lindsey Buckingham
Dial The Number Stevie Nicks
Goodbye My Friend Christine McVie

The night before the highly promoted CD is in store, ‘The Dance’ concert is played on TV, which generates huge interest in the band. The first single ‘Bleed to Love Her’ peaks at number 8 on the chart, the second single ‘Temporary One’ is released and peaks at number 14. Both have accompanying commercial videos. ‘Sweet Girl’ is released as a third single, the video released is from ‘The Dance’ TV performance, and peaks at 36. The album peaks at number 1 on the charts, and stays there consecutively for 6 weeks. ‘The Dance’ tour of USA is sold out.

After the tour commences, ‘The Dance’ DVD/VHS is released of the first TV performance. Christine McVie announces her intention to stop touring. Bob Welch releases the 1993 shelved album on his own small label, naming it 'The 1993 Album' with minimal success.

Stevie releases a box-set retrospective of her solo career called ‘Enchanted’. The compilation, which contains three discs, 2 containing all her solo hits, and the third contains all a selection of B Sides, unreleased and soundtrack songs. Released on her new label Reprise, the set does surprisingly well, and goes Gold within 6 months.

Stevie Nicks releases ‘Trouble In Shangri-La’ on new label Reprise. The album is critically acclaimed, and peaks at number 5 on the charts. Lead single ‘Sorcerer’ peaks at number 18, Stevie’s first top 20 single since ‘Long Way To Go’ in 1989. The second single ‘I Miss You’ peaks at number 22. Both have accompanying commercial videos. A third single ‘Planets of the Universe’ fails to take off on radio, so Reprise did not require a commercial video. It did however, just scrape the top 40, peaking at number 39. The major tour is again, sold out.

After Stevie’s successful solo comeback, Lindsey and Mick decide to go back into the studio and record another album. All rumours-era members of the band are asked, but Christine would only record with the band, and refused to accompany them on a tour to support the new album. So, it was decided that it was in the best interests of the band, to just do the project without Christine. The album is released as a double set called ‘Say You Will’ with the following tracklisting:

Disc 1:
What's the World Coming To Lindsey Buckingham
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave Lindsey Buckingham
Space Needle Stevie Nicks
Thrown Down Stevie Nicks
Down On Rodeo Lindsey Buckingham
Not Make Believe Stevie Nicks
Say You Will Stevie Nicks
Peacekeeper Lindsey Buckingham
Smile at You Stevie Nicks
Running Through the Garden Stevie Nicks
Come Lindsey Buckingham

Disc 2:
Silver Girl Stevie Nicks
Steal Your Heart Away Lindsey Buckingham
Illume Stevie Nicks
Destiny Rules Stevie Nicks
Say Goodbye Lindsey Buckingham
She Smiled Sweetly Lindsey Buckingham
Baby Doll Stevie Nicks
Miranda Lindsey Buckingham
Everybody Finds Out Stevie Nicks
Red Rover Lindsey Buckingham
Goodbye Baby Stevie Nicks

The first single is ‘Miranda’, which is accompanied by a live performance of the song as a commercial video, peaks at number 18 on the chart. The second single released is ‘Running Through The Garden’ which is supported by a high-budget commercial video. The single is pushed through on radio, and the song peaks at number 7 on the chart. A third single, ‘Thrown Down’ is released, which also had a high-budget commercial video, peaking at number 11. ‘Whats the World Coming to?’ is released as a fourth single, but the single failed to break in on radio, resulting in it peaking at number 52 on the chart. The album itself peaked at number 6, but stayed in the top 20 for 33 weeks before falling off. The album is released in conjunction with a DVD called ‘Destiny Rules’ which show cased the making of the album. The ‘Say You Will’ tour of the US begins.

The ‘Say You Will’ tour concludes. Stevie starts her tour with Don Henley as part of her ‘The Gold Dust Tour. Christine McVie releases an unexpected album ‘In the Meantime’. The single ‘Friend’ makes a small impact on some indie radio stations, but generally has no promotion.

Lindsey Buckingham starts work on a new solo album. Stevie Nicks restarts her ‘Gold Dust Tour’ in November in Australia.

Stevie Nicks concludes her ‘Gold Dust Tour’ in New Zealand. Fleetwood Mac confirms a 2007 tour for the 30th anniversary of Rumours.

----------------

I know, its long isn't it Feel free to make your own or comment on mine. I started from just after TITN, because I was resonably happy with how the prior things happend. Just make up all your own chart positions and If you change band members, just make up your own songs. Have fun
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Man oh man, you have got ALOT of free time on your hands!
I like the Bob Welch twist on things, though....
Old 03-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's one I made earlier (as far as I know it is accurate, however corrections and additions are always most welcome)

- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/timel...line1970s.html
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/timel...line1980s.html
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/timel...line1990s.html
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/timel...line2000s.html

The timeline does concentrate on the Lindsey/Stevie era of the band, so it is not very comprehensive on the pre 75 era, but again if someone wants to add this then I would be happy to update it.

enjoy..............

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva
Stevie Nicks releases ‘Trouble In Shangri-La’ on new label Reprise.
Not that this is the only historical inaccuracy.. :-) But I would like to point this out..

Reprise was actually started by Frank Sinatra (!!) in 1960. And the irony..? Well, Frankie started his own record company cause he was tired of all the "new" stuff going on in recording. You know, overdubbing etc.. Not knowing that studio geek Lindsey would later be signed to the label..
Old 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is always a fun game to play, as it can change (unlike the actual history).

1987: Lindsey quits following "the fight." The band decides to continue with Billy Burnette and Rick Vito. However, after a few rehearsals, Stevie gets cold feet about going on without Lindsey, and decides to leave Fleetwood Mac, stating that she didn't want to split her time between her solo career and Fleetwood Mac anymore. Rick Vito suggests a former boss to fill in the gap: Bonnie Raitt. Christine, who had done some work with Bonnie, thinks that's a great decision. Bonnie, who is working on a project of her own, decides to put that on hold and join Fleetwood Mac, as her career up to that point hadn't been necessarily stellar, and this would give her a chance to work with other POP musicians who come from BLUES backgrounds.

1988: Touring and recording with the new line-up.

1989: "Behind The Mask" is released, and produces a string of hits for the band:

Skies The Limit: Christine McVie
Victim Of Love: Billy Burnette
Thing Called Love: Bonnie Raitt and Billy Burnette
Got No Home: Rick Vito
Save Me: Christine McVie
Nick Of Time: Bonnie Raitt
When The Sun Goes Down: Billy Burnette and Rick Vito
In The Back Of My Mind: Billy Burnette
Behind The Mask: Christine McVie
No Way To Treat A Lady: Bonnie Raitt and Christine McVie
Stand On The Rocks: Rick Vito
Do You Know: Christine McVie and Billy Burnette
Have A Heart: Bonnie Raitt
Intuition: Rick Vito
As Long As You Follow: Christine McVie
Game Of Love: Billy Burnette

1990: Touring. Christine announces she won't be touring with the band anymore, but will continue to record with the group, albiet in a limited role, as she considers herself "semi-retired."

1991: "Another Mile" is released. Bonnie Raitt's songs have a huge impact on the band's overall popularity, and puts them back in the hit category.

Walk Another Mile: Rick Vito
Something To Talk About: Bonnie Raitt
Can't Get Over You: Billy Burnette
When It Comes To Love: Billy Burnette and Christine McVie
I Can't Make You Love Me: Bonnie Raitt
Train Keep A Rollin': Billy Burnette
Roll With Me Henry: Christine McVie and Billy Burnette
Desiree: Rick Vito and Bonnie Raitt
Slow Ride: Bonnie Raitt
Hard Feelings: Billy Burnette
Show Biz Blues: Bonnie Raitt
Last Chance To Rock: Rick Vito
Hello, Goodbye: Christine McVie

{This is as far as I got...}

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OR....

Lindsey leaves after the fight, Stevie leaves to focus on her solo career. The band then recruits Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton to join the fold. They tour for the rest of 1987 through mid 1988. They begin recording a new album, which is released in 1989, called "Behind The Mask."

Skies The Limit: Christine McVie
Pretending: Eric Clapton
Nick Of Time: Bonnie Raitt
Save Me: Christine McVie
Bad Love: Eric Clapton
Have A Heart: Bonnie Raitt
Behind The Mask: Christine McVie
Running On Faith: Eric Clapton
No Way To Treat A Lady: Bonnie Raitt and Christine McVie
Run So Far: Eric Clapton and Christine McVie
Thing Called Love: Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton
As Long As You Follow: Christine McVie