The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How many times have you seen solo Linds live?
Never. But I really want to. 13 25.00%
Never and I really don't care if I do. 3 5.77%
Between 1-5 times 26 50.00%
Between 6-10 times 2 3.85%
Somewhere between 11 and 15...what? 3 5.77%
So many times I lost count 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly Truefaith! Just vote up. Chance are (and hopes are) you will see him again so then the choice would apply perfectly.

Thanks to all of you who are sharing your thoughts!

I appreciate your thoughts and your honest feelings about some things you're not necessarily fond of.

I would love for the person who voted the SECOND "never" to speak up. Why have you never and not care if you ever did? I mean I'm really interested....

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I have seen Lindsey solo, live once. It was after seeing FM 3 times, I have seen them 3 times since and Stevie solo once. As much as I love Stevie, I thought Lindsey's show was more:
raw,
real,
exquisite,
deep,
less polished but more rich,
edgy,
relaxed,
interesting and
fun!

I have always had a crush on him, and for that matter the whole band, since Rumours came out. But we had the best time at his solo concert and would love to see him again. We drove 8 hours to see it, and neither of us regretted the time spent at all. We would definitely go again to those lengths to see him solo. Everything at Stevie's show was so regimented feeling, & you couldn't move up to the front. At Lindsey's show, anyone could go to the front and dance. I had eye contact with him, and swooned. At one of the FM concerts, we had front row tickets right in front of him and (I've told this story before), he looked at me at one point and mouthed "What??" while he was playing and Stevie was singing. I was like a deer in headlights. Turned out my husband was behind me, standing 6'4" pointing at me for Lindsey and mouthing "#1 fan." Later in the show, he was sitting on the side of the stage watching Mick's drum solo. My husband pointed over to him and Lindsey gave me a thumbs up sign and a huge smile. If there was any doubt about being a dedicated, lifelong fan, it evaporated in a second. He does an unbelievable job of reaching out to his fans. It doesn't take much to please us, but he takes the time that many won't.
I <3 this post.

SO many nice comments there, but the part about reaching out to his fans, is especially nice, and so very true.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in the backwoods, so I've never seen him or FM or any band I want to. Atlanta is too far away, and bands seem to forget that Tallahassee, Florida or any place in Alabama exists. I'd love to see him, though.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I live in the backwoods, so I've never seen him or FM or any band I want to. Atlanta is too far away, and bands seem to forget that Tallahassee, Florida or any place in Alabama exists. I'd love to see him, though.
He went to some pretty funky little out of the way places that last tour. You may get lucky, if he ever tours again - and he better tour again! I know not everyone can make it happen, and it's easier said than done, but if you can swing it, the road trip itself, is half the fun, and is sure to make for some amazing memories.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Never, and I really want to see him live.

Do you know what means for me to live so far from the "action"? Is so sad...
And sadly, he won't come to Argentina. Really, I never understood why FM or Lindsey or Stevie didn't come to South America, at least once...
Thanks!
Mark.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
He went to some pretty funky little out of the way places that last tour. You may get lucky, if he ever tours again - and he better tour again! I know not everyone can make it happen, and it's easier said than done, but if you can swing it, the road trip itself, is half the fun, and is sure to make for some amazing memories.
He sorta owes Birmingham, Ala because isn't that where the Buckingham Nicks did well? I'd much rather go the extra hour to go there, than deal with I-75 through Macon and possibly downtown Atlanta. Four-six (7 with the carpool lane) lanes of traffic on just one side is NOT my idea of fun, especially when you're a beginner driver who is only used to 2 lane highways

I hope to move out of my mom's houss by the end of the year, so there is hope!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Oh boy!

I know it's been around 19 times.

Let me write it out...helps me count. LOL

Las Vegas (2 nights)
Chicago (2 times)
Cleveland
Napa
San Francisco
Fort Worth (2 times)
Austin
Houston
Florida (3) (Jacksonville, Fort Pierce, Clearwater)
Phoenix
Denver
Seattle
Vancouver, BC
Milwaukee

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two, but this is close.

The reason I went to so many shows is what you have all already stated and MORE! He's fascinating to watch, even when he gives the same dang speeches over and over every night. LOL His passion on that guitar is breathtaking and of course, his music has touched my soul so deeply that I want to see and absorb it as much as humanly possible. Lindsey's music was there for me in a dark time of my life and I'm forever grateful to him for that.

Plus, I get to not only see Lindsey, but see friends of mine and make new ones at all the various shows! Also, I love to travel, so...bonus!!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Ledgie

Default My LB journey

2009: Went to see FM, just casually, because I never saw them in 70s/80s when they were on my radar screen. Although we had nosebleed seats, I was hugely impressed with "their guitar player, he's actually really good"
2011: LB solo at a local venue in a nice town. Remembering that 2009 show, and that it would be a nice night out, we bought tickets.....THAT night changed everything! I had the same reaction as other posters when I was just blown away with it all - guitar and voice, intensity, passion, absolute control and mastery of the material, which was poetic lyrically as well as tonally (is that a word?). Such creative blending of voice and guitar - it was amazing. Proof is that I stopped at merch table - which I never do!- and grabbed the DVD. Went again to BB Kings in NYC and sat right at his mic. Why did I spend $$$ to see the Big Machine when I could experience this from 5 feet away!! I was/am hooked on this totally unique talent-
Have to say, it's been so fabulous digging backwards into LB's solo career, as another poster said, I wish I could discover it all over again--
Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Have to say, it's been so fabulous digging backwards into LB's solo career, as another poster said, I wish I could discover it all over again--
That was me! Thanks for your recap and I totally feel what you're saying about his unique talent. I think I'm going to do a retrospective of his solo albums from first to the most recent...just for fun!

Old 01-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

The reason I went to so many shows is what you have all already stated and MORE! He's fascinating to watch, even when he gives the same dang speeches over and over every night. LOL His passion on that guitar is breathtaking and of course, his music has touched my soul so deeply that I want to see and absorb it as much as humanly possible. Lindsey's music was there for me in a dark time of my life and I'm forever grateful to him for that.

Plus, I get to not only see Lindsey, but see friends of mine and make new ones at all the various shows! Also, I love to travel, so...bonus!!
Giiiiiirl, THIS. I know what a grand LB fan you are. I can't forget back in 2006 when the announcement was made that there would be an album and a tour. I just...it was surreal because none of us expected it. Anyways, it's been such a fantastic ride and I will reiterate what many said: some of the most AWESOME people I know I met through my LB fandom.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Never, and I really want to see him live.

Do you know what means for me to live so far from the "action"? Is so sad...
And sadly, he won't come to Argentina. Really, I never understood why FM or Lindsey or Stevie didn't come to South America, at least once...
Thanks!
Mark.
I hope you get to see him, Mark. I wish Lindsey could read this thread.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I hope you get to see him, Mark. I wish Lindsey could read this thread.
Haha thanks! I'm wishing the same DVDs and videos are not enough, I want to see him, to feel the energy in a live performance!!!
Regards!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Haha thanks! I'm wishing the same DVDs and videos are not enough, I want to see him, to feel the energy in a live performance!!!
Regards!
See, I love reading comments like this. Makes me appreciate the fact that we have a chance to see him. I truly do hope either LB decides to do a one-off near you or you can go somewhere and see him- it is SO worth it.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know how many times I've seen him, but I just brought my UTS concert reviews over from FMlegacy.com and I saw him 9 times that tour.

Michele
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know how many times I've seen him, but I just brought my UTS concert reviews over from FMlegacy.com and I saw him 9 times that tour.

Michele
Wow. I'm pretty sure I saw him 7 for that tour. It was like an addiction.