Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I'm all for that.
Hell yeah! (After a few more BN FM albums mind!)

Can you imagine? It would be going full circle - back to the boys. Oooh yeah..

I'm sorry but I'm as big a Lindsey fan as most of us and I don't fully see a problem with the new arrangement. This album is Lindsey's album. With some Stevie songs. Sure there's not that many Lindsey songs as a result, so that's why fingers crossed we'll hear the album with Shuffle Riff and Down On Rodeo coming around the corner in the next few years. And even if Stevie was added to Murrow/Come/Red Rover ... from what I've heard so far this is far from a compromise - it's magic! Like most of us here I'd prefer these edgy GOS songs to be Stevie-free .... but on the other hand, if they do have some added vocal augmentation from Stevie, then we alredy have the other versions - and I for one can't get enough alternate versions. In any case, the album isn't going to have any compromises like the singles do - if Lindsey doesnt want Stevie on Red Rover, she aint gonna be on there. He'll do it if it sounds good.

When he said 'Peacekeeper' lends itself to a solo, I believe he meant that the vocal was two part, as it was on the original, but in that case with two Lindseys. I acknowledge that having Stevie do the second part was a band/commercial compromise rather than a purely musical move, but even beyond that, if he did it in a solo album and did it live, how could the do the amazing two part harmony on "You know all of our friends are gods..." (my favourite part of the song).

Beyond all the songs and the singing and who sings what and whos song is it anyway, for me this is Lindsey's album because he produced AND engineered it and did all the guitar work. What an achievement. The new FM environment brings out the best in Lindsey, it makes it possible for the world to hear his talent, and I think you'll find that he wouldn't have it any other way at this point which is why he's anicpating getting right back in that studio to paint another masterpiece.

Just think of Stevie, Mick and John as Lindsey's backup band! I do!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 03-10-2003 at 08:10 PM..
Old 03-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Disappointing Remarks!

Lindsey's remarks sound strictly BUSINESS to me!!!
They may say more in interviews than is really intended!
It is not... Lindsey's Album by a long shot! Watch the
enhanced cd! Stevie is telling Lindsey... what to DO!!!

Hey ChiliD...A Three piece Mac Band would ROCK!!!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 03-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Stevie aint got no say, dont worry about that!

I think you’re thinking of what you want and not want Lindsey wants. I want what Lindsey wants, not what I want him to want!

Let’s keep our minds on the Tale of Lindsey:

1992 – OOTC – Lindsey: “My biggest issue with this album was the drums”

1993ish – Meets Mick – reconnects emotionally – plus wants to work musically with him (now that the emotional thing is sorted out, the truth shines through that these two have worked so much together that they work well together and they enjoy it)

1996/7 – The Dance – Back with the whole band and enjoying the other people in the band – but the whole soap opera/media circus/Rhiannon resurrection becomes desperately distracting from where he wants to be, in the studio working on his new music, with Mick and John

2000ish – Changing times at WB – “time to rethink how I can best disseminate my music”

2001/2002 – SYW Sessions – working with Stevie allows him to finally get back to the longlost Buckingham Nicks enterprise that was forgone all those years ago (these guys did it together – I think you’ll find it that they wouldnt’ve left uni and driven to LA by themselves – it was by their powers combined that gave them the impetus to give their lives to music)

2003 – Lindsey, so jazzed with the current situation, finally at a place of peace and BALANCE with his music, remarks how he would be thrilled to go back into the studio after the tour and do 2 or 3 more albums, which in terms of Lindsey’s conception of output in the past, says A LOT more than if someone else was saying it. It says ‘I am at peace and maturity with my musical situation finally; I’m not working against anyone or away from any previous situation or public preconceptions … I’m living and working in the moment and loving every minute of it that I want to do this again and again, while this dynamic exists’.

It’s really bizarre, but although I obviously wrote this to explain how I see Lindsey over the past decade and what he’s thinking now, you may notice I didn’t mention Chris, and that’s because I now realise she was, in the end, ‘the key’.

She was the one that completed the web of interrelationships and made it The Five Firelies. She was the one who BN had to assimilate with and mostly forego their previous direction. She was the one who has, to those who don’t know better, given FM its voice as perky, effeminate and lushiously pop thanks to her reliable hit-writing ability. She was the one who Lindsey enjoyed the company of so much and worked musically so well with that he could not resist the opportunity to work with her (eg TITN) and so forego any public image for his more ‘rough’ music side.

And now she is the one by whose leaving, Lindsey is not looking constantly between two people, but is staring straight at Stevie – if not in a personal sense, then at least in a musical/production sense. He is focused finally. The heavy Fireflies skin is shed.

And that was hard for me to realise and write – but in testament to Chris let me emphasise that for all the famous success she’s had as a forefront singer/songwriter, only she could then successfully give Lindsey a gift by leaving, rather than leaving a hole.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Disappointing Remarks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Skylark
Lindsey's remarks sound strictly BUSINESS to me!!!
They may say more in interviews than is really intended!
It is not... Lindsey's Album by a long shot! Watch the
enhanced cd! Stevie is telling Lindsey... what to DO!!!

Hey ChiliD...A Three piece Mac Band would ROCK!!!Sky
I had to chuckle a little when reading "Stevie is telling Lindsey... what to DO!!! " It reminded me of one of the recent interviews when LB says something to the effect of sometimes I want to change SN's words - "I tried that ONCE!!!!" Then SN says she has had that argument with many (apparently male) "stars." For example, she says Don Henley always chided her about the way she goes up a note or notes in the second syllable of the word "washes" in the song Dreams instead of just saying it in one note. Personally, I am glad she told whomever what to do or "stood by her guns" in this regard because I think it helps make that song.

I also think that although Stevie is almost exclusively a vocal player (tambourine does not count ), Stevie is a "musician" in her own right in that she at least has clearly been around long enough to know what kind of sound she is trying to get in anyone's songs, much less her own, even though she may not be able to express it by playing it to perfection on an actual instrument, etc. She can play the instument, just not in her own opinion very well. So, her opinion on musical direction (esp. vocal) should have merit from that perspective. I mean LB has said he has taken "direction" from other sources like the Bee Gees and the Talking Heads. So it makes sense that he should take a suggestion or two from Stevie, esp. when he has made a conscious choice (for whatever reason) to give his solo material to FM for a group production.

Finally, I say let her express her opinion if nothing more than to make LB angry enough to write another angry at SN song a la "Go Your Own Way!!!"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-11-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Stevie aint got no say, dont worry about that!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I think you’re thinking of what you want and not want Lindsey wants. I want what Lindsey wants, not what I want him to want!
Time to put away the mind-warping serum, my friend.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Down on Rodeo makes an excellent observation. That is exactly what it seems Stevie and Lindsey have been trying to tell us, and I guess we have missed the point. All we hear them saying is, "Chris is gone, she doesn't want to do this anymore, and now we are able to go back to Buckingham Nicks." On some levels that has been percieved as kind of cold towards Chris, but it really isn't meant to be, IMO. Christine was an extra force, albeit unintentionally, tugging the BN dynamic apart.

I think they are both so thrilled to pick up what they had to leave behind in order to be successful. Too many people discount completely what that means to Stevie and Lindsey. It will always keep them together.

-Sharon
Old 03-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I think they are both so thrilled to pick up what they had to leave behind in order to be successful. Too many people discount completely what that means to Stevie and Lindsey.
ITA, Sharon. In 1974, Lindsey didn't envision himself in 25 years as "Lindsey Buckingham, solo artist extraordinare." He envisioned Buckingham Nicks, all the way. He considered that his future, and was reluctant to sacrifice that for FM. And now he has it back. He says himself in AOL "It took us 25 years to do what we [Stevie and Lindsey, NOT FM] really wanted to do."

So instead of inventing motivations for him to lie or "fudge," maybe we should take him at his word...regardless of our own personal opinion about what Lindsey should do/believe/think/want. JMO.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-11-2003 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-11-2003, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
In 1974, Lindsey didn't envision himself in 25 years as "Lindsey Buckingham, solo artist extraordinare." He envisioned Buckingham Nicks, all the way.
Twenty-five years ago I thought I'd be driving a Ferrari today.

What happened!!???
Old 03-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Twenty-five years ago I thought I'd be driving a Ferrari today.

What happened!!???
Me too - but, at least we have our inegrity!!! (he says very tongue in cheek!!!!)

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The best news......

I must post what I said on a Rumours thread. I was so pleased to hear what Lindsey said about future Mac albums. Like in '75,77 and '79. There is no reason with this new energized band they couldn't put out albums in '05,07 and 2009. With Christine gone and room for 9 Nicks songs and 9 Buckingham songs lets say goodbye to solo albums. Lindsey has his creativity and Stevie has more than 3 songs an album. MORE FLEETWOOD MAC! The world needs it. It obvious that lindsey doesnt want a solo career.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought (and said right here! ) all along that the new Fleetwood Mac album IS the Lindsey solo album, at last he confirmed my thoughts! Sad, but true.

Not to be pessimistic but I would take the comment about "2 or 3 more albums" with a pinch, or rather a shovel, of salt. At the moment he's happy with the album, he's happy with the place he is musically, and he's happy with his life, which is why I think he said it. I'm sure he would like to make (or perhaps I should say "release"...hehe...there seems to be a difference with regards to LB!) 2 or 3 more albums, but as much as I would obviously L O V E for that to happen, I really don't see it happening. I think at the VERY most, we will see ONE more Fleetwood Mac album after Say You Will, and if we're VERY lucky, one more solo album. Although I'm not gonna hold my breath for either of those.

Last edited by seteca; 03-15-2003 at 10:26 PM..
Old 03-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

anyone know where i can get lindsey's solo version of peacekeeper?
Old 03-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow misterbug...

go to www.sararhiannon.com and the sounds page to find Lindsey's solo version of Peacekeeper! It's GREATNESS!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Red face

ohh is my face red... i've had the lindsey solo version all along! some misinformant on kazaa had it listed as 'fleetwood mac-peacekeeper'. so i guess i have yet to hear any of the new *fleetwood mac* songs.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!

*Pffffft* FIGURES Like you shouldn't have known this was going to happen. The dude besides being an anal retentive perfectionist knows, regardless of wether or not he likes his craft, where the MONEY will be.

~alex~*...he's only human.

"Bondage looks good on ya B, the outfits all wrong, but hey"~Faith in 'Enemies'

"Hello, GAY now"~ Willow in 'Triangle'