Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2023, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
1. Her tour hasn't been interesting in years
It's not interesting to me. I haven't seen any Stevie Nicks concert and would never go, specially nowadays. I don't find it attractive nor interesting. But that's me. Cause watching some clips in networks and realizing the lot of people at arenas, I wouldn't say her tours are not interesting as an absolute truth. I see lot of people has interesting in going to her concerts.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never implied any of my points as the absolute truth....LOLOLOL I said it amongst fans in the context of an online message board. Her tours haven't been interesting to the majority of fans in quite some time.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So what's Stevie going to give us that's new this year?
Old 01-01-2024, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes exactly. I would only add that opening for REO Speedwagon was by choice. The singers left on their own accord and Mick wanted to still play so he found replacements. He said looking back it was the wrong thing to do. But he wanted to still play and he and John need a band with a singer. I don't see how anyone can compare this to what happened in 2018. Lindsey did not leave by choice. Everyone was expecting a last album and final tour. Instead we got a Buck/Vie album and a replacement tour. That OWTS tour with Chris and Lindsey really changed the dynamic and jealousy started again.
I saw them on their 1995 tour, at Magic Mountain in PA. ugh. It wasn't really so much anyone opening for anyone else...more just a shared bill. if i recall correctly, it was Orleans, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and FM. I think FM was third? I was extremely embarrassed for them. They didn't sound awful but the venue was pretty small and basic, and for me it was painful to see 'fleetwood mac' looking so pathetic compared to the 'hugeness' of their former selves. A lot of people wandered out to the bathroom and for a beer. i think the band that made the best showing that day may have been Pat Benatar. Bekka had a great voice, but to see her up there doing Gold Dust Woman or whatever stevie song she did was bizarre.

At the time, John had emailed me something like that 'the band with Billy and Bekka is over, and Mick and I are on to something new.' So he didn't say/think the band was over completely...but i wonder what he thought was next lol.

I do think the 97 reunion was an amazing surprise. and then chris returning was another amazing surprise.

so sad things turned out as they did later on w LB being fired. I agree their legacy should not have ended as it did. Shame there wasn't a way to somehow work all that out... But i'm grateful for what we got, i guess, because ending on the 1995 note would have been far worse! that was heartbreaking to see.

--Lis
Old 01-01-2024, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I saw them on their 1995 tour, at Magic Mountain in PA. ugh. It wasn't really so much anyone opening for anyone else...more just a shared bill. if i recall correctly, it was Orleans, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and FM. I think FM was third? I was extremely embarrassed for them. They didn't sound awful but the venue was pretty small and basic, and for me it was painful to see 'fleetwood mac' looking so pathetic compared to the 'hugeness' of their former selves. A lot of people wandered out to the bathroom and for a beer. i think the band that made the best showing that day may have been Pat Benatar. Bekka had a great voice, but to see her up there doing Gold Dust Woman or whatever stevie song she did was bizarre.

At the time, John had emailed me something like that 'the band with Billy and Bekka is over, and Mick and I are on to something new.' So he didn't say/think the band was over completely...but i wonder what he thought was next lol.

I do think the 97 reunion was an amazing surprise. and then chris returning was another amazing surprise.

so sad things turned out as they did later on w LB being fired. I agree their legacy should not have ended as it did. Shame there wasn't a way to somehow work all that out... But i'm grateful for what we got, i guess, because ending on the 1995 note would have been far worse! that was heartbreaking to see.

--Lis
In 1995 they were playing large venues even if they were sharing the bill. They even played Sun Fest in 1995 in West Palm Beach which is a huge art show with major talent concerts. I remember hearing GYOW with Billy and it was so strange because I never thought I would hear that song live again.
They stayed at some flea bag hotel. 2 years later (1997) the Palm Beach Post pointed that out how the band stayed at an interstate hotel and now have 3 entire ocean front floors rented at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach for their West Palm Beach stop. They sort of went from rags to riches again.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-01-2024 at 01:15 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They stayed at some flea bag hotel. 2 years later (1997) the Palm Beach Post pointed that out how the band stayed at an interstate hotel and now have 3 entire ocean front floors rented at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach for their West Palm Beach stop. They sort of went from rags to riches again.
In the pre-Dance mid '90s Stevie who usually loves to boast about her opulent lifestyle was crying poor mouth saying in an interview that she used the royalties from the then wildly popular Smashing Pumpkins cover of Landslide to repair her swimming pool.

Old 01-01-2024, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
In the pre-Dance mid '90s Stevie who usually loves to boast about her opulent lifestyle was crying poor mouth saying in an interview that she used the royalties from the then wildly popular Smashing Pumpkins cover of Landslide to repair her swimming pool.
Yes. There is an interview with Stevie promoting Street Angel on some radio station on youtube. The DJ asks why there was no video for her current single and her response really showed how terrified she was of the future. She said making a video costs lots of money and someday she may be downsized living in a one bedroom apartment wishing she would not have spent that kind of money on a video.
You could sense her unease of for the first time in her solo career a record tanked and her tour was not drawing huge numbers. She also did not have a Fleetwood Mac career anymore. She had never experienced anything like that before. Her touring on a bus tells you everything you need to know. She probably had not toured on a bus since her Buckingham Nicks days.
The Dance changed everything and cash grab tours now made more money than they ever dreamed of.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-01-2024 at 03:01 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
I saw them with REO and Pat B, at "deer creek" amphitheater in Indy(I think it's called Ruoff now). If I remember correctly, Pat opened and REO closed the show. I thought Bekka was awesome, but we had lawn seats, and people all around us were bitching that it wasn't FM without $tevie, and that bugged me a lot. Bekka did Dreaming the Dream, and made me a fan.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
If I could ask Bekka one question it would be about that Gold Dust Woman performance. We know that Bekka got the talk from Chris about certain Stevie songs not to do i.e. Rhiannon, Dreams, etc. Was Gold Dust Woman not on that list? An oversight? Correct me if I am wrong but it was not originally in the set but added in the summer of 95? I cant remember. But how did she get away with performing one of the most identifiable Stevie songs after Chris's talk? Did Mick clear it with Stevie perhaps the Dance talk warmed things up between the two? Did Mick not care at that point and dare Stevie to stop it? Was there a conversation in the band that the audience was not into it unless there was a Stevie song? I am so curious about this.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If I could ask Bekka one question it would be about that Gold Dust Woman performance. We know that Bekka got the talk from Chris about certain Stevie songs not to do i.e. Rhiannon, Dreams, etc. Was Gold Dust Woman not on that list? An oversight? Correct me if I am wrong but it was not originally in the set but added in the summer of 95? I cant remember. But how did she get away with performing one of the most identifiable Stevie songs after Chris's talk? Did Mick clear it with Stevie perhaps the Dance talk warmed things up between the two? Did Mick not care at that point and dare Stevie to stop it? Was there a conversation in the band that the audience was not into it unless there was a Stevie song? I am so curious about this.
I wonder if the band (maybe esp Mick?) felt they HAD to include one stevie song in the set...and maybe GDW was the compromise because it was not as well-known as Dreams and Rhiannon? maybe chris only mentioned the 2 big hits to Bekka as something to not do. I mean GDW is identifiable to us as huge Mac fans, but maybe not quite as identifiable to the regular 'radio listener' fan. i'm not sure when they added that to the set. and I thought Bekka actually sang it well, she has a great voice...but for her to do Dreams or Rhiannon , that would have been sort of wrong. as chris knew lol. I wonder if stevie would have really cared about GDW at that point??

as to whether most of the audience was wholeheartedly 'into' *any* of the songs is probably debatable...they sure weren't at the show i was at...

--Lis
Old 01-01-2024, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
I see it that way, too. No offense to fans of the Time lineup, but if FM had ended things right then and there, it would have been heartbreaking. Thankfully the band came back and ended on a much much higher note. It peaked when Christine returned and toured with them,. As another poster said, that last tour without Lindsey will just be a footnote.

If people really want to say their legacy wasn’t impacted when they played a tour with Orleans, Pat Benatar, and REO Speedwagon, and released an album that never even charted on Billboard’s Top 200 album list, but that it was destroyed when Lindsey was fired and they successfully toured one last time, well, Cognitive Dissonance is a real thing.

Last edited by bwboy; 01-01-2024 at 08:37 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if the band (maybe esp Mick?) felt they HAD to include one stevie song in the set...and maybe GDW was the compromise because it was not as well-known as Dreams and Rhiannon? maybe chris only mentioned the 2 big hits to Bekka as something to not do. I mean GDW is identifiable to us as huge Mac fans, but maybe not quite as identifiable to the regular 'radio listener' fan. i'm not sure when they added that to the set. and I thought Bekka actually sang it well, she has a great voice...but for her to do Dreams or Rhiannon , that would have been sort of wrong. as chris knew lol. I wonder if stevie would have really cared about GDW at that point??

as to whether most of the audience was wholeheartedly 'into' *any* of the songs is probably debatable...they sure weren't at the show i was at...

--Lis
I agree that is the logical assumption. Its still funny AF that Chris had to sit Bekka down and give her notice about Stevie songs. It would be ridiculous for Chris to list every song Stevie did in concert. You would just think they were all off limits. But maybe not. When Bekka spilled the beans earlier this year about that talk with Chris I wish the interviewer would have followed up about GDW. I have a vague recollection about Stevie saying in an interview she was concerned they were going to perform her songs. Its quite possible she gave the band permission to perform it.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-01-2024 at 05:50 PM..
Old 01-01-2024, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her touring on a bus tells you everything you need to know. She probably had not toured on a bus since her Buckingham Nicks days.
The Dance changed everything and cash grab tours now made more money than they ever dreamed of.
Can you imagine the pretentious Stevie (who loved to talk about private jets and luxury hotels) riding down the road on a tour bus? This was the same woman who demanded that her luxury hotel room be freshly repainted and equipped with a grand piano before her arrival.

The Time/Street Angel years were very lean for these spoiled brats. Their careers were on life support - and they desperately needed The Dance.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
The Time/Street Angel years were very lean for these spoiled brats. Their careers were on life support - and they desperately needed The Dance.
I have a video of Stevie performing on a teeny tiny pier somewhere in Florida in 1996. It was so sad to see that she was once this great superstar selling out arenas and here she was performing to about 100 people.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have a video of Stevie performing on a teeny tiny pier somewhere in Florida in 1996. It was so sad to see that she was once this great superstar selling out arenas and here she was performing to about 100 people.
That was a one time gig on the 4th of July promoted by a radio station in Tampa in 1996. I am sure she got paid fairly well to perform. Since it was not from a major tour production is why the stage was small and it looked so random. I think she performed 5 songs.