The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default XM/Sirius Announces New Mac Album and Tour?

My husband comes in three days ago and says that he heard after a Fleetwood Mac song on XM/Sirius radio that Fleetwood Mac were about to go into the studio to start working on a new album with a tour to support. Of course, he thought that I probably had already heard about it on here, but of course, it is news to me. Has anyone else heard this? Or know anything about this?

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since both Stevie and Lindsey are supposed to have albums in post-production I don't know how it's feasible unless they are going into the studio afterwards.

I know it's hopeful, but maybe they're in the studio now working on a new album, whilst Stevie and Lindsey wait for their respective albums to drop. Then Bang! at the end of their solo tours the new Mac album drops as well! It could be a really massive year for us fans

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
Since both Stevie and Lindsey are supposed to have albums in post-production I don't know how it's feasible unless they are going into the studio afterwards.

I know it's hopeful, but maybe they're in the studio now working on a new album, whilst Stevie and Lindsey wait for their respective albums to drop. Then Bang! at the end of their solo tours the new Mac album drops as well! It could be a really massive year for us fans
Ah man, this post gave me chills of awesomeness.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I guess when you're a fan of this band you learn how to be... cautiously hopeful. I wish it were true that were working on a band-album... but they always take nearly a year or more to make a record. I doubt they are "officially" working on a Mac record.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I guess when you're a fan of this band you learn how to be... cautiously hopeful. I wish it were true that were working on a band-album... but they always take nearly a year or more to make a record. I doubt they are "officially" working on a Mac record.
Agreed... after being a fan of this band for more than a token few years, you have to learn to keep your expectations and hopes pretty low.

And yeah... in the years following Rumours, the Mac has taken more like 18 MONTHS to record their new albums. At this point, I don't care if it takes them 3 years to fully record a new album... just so long as it's more cohesive than Say You Will.

All that being said, I hope the rumors of a new album are true. Though we started hearing rumblings of this being the case what, 3 years ago now?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
It's very optimistic, who knows what the future holds.

Quote:
Unfortunately your probably right, I think the Stevie and Lindsey in the studio thing is just testing the waters. Just as long as they make the album before the end of the known world in 2012 right?

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mabe Stevie's involvement with Dave Stewart has something to do with it. Lindsey has stated that if and when Fleetwood records another album, he wanted to bring in an outside producer (which I think is a very good idea!).

We now know, from Dave's tweets, that he had Lindsey put his vocals on a song for Stevie's album. Perhaps Lindsey was impressed by Dave's producing skills, thus the impetus to go forward with a Fleetwood Mac album.

It seems now that Stevie and Lindsey really need inspiration from outside admirers to get the motivation to make things happen. Dave even hinted something about the Buckingham Nicks album. He's my favorite person right now!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Wake up! You're having a (very nice) dream. Hope I have that one tonight...
Old 12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately, I agree with most of you. I thought it was too good to be true, and I also felt the time was off. I hate when disc jockeys make announcements as fact when they aren't fact.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's very optimistic, who knows what the future holds.

Yeah! I hope they make at least one more album, as I have not been able to go out and buy one of theirs on the day it's released! That will be an experience. I think there's something awesome about going out and getting the album on that day and going home and wearing it out in the first hour =) It doesn't matter to me whether it's next year, or the year after that, though. I can wait, at least Stevie's solo & Lindsey's solo will tide me over xD

Last edited by TerraRhiannon; 12-02-2010 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: forgot the color!! :O
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

im sad that christine cant do any of theese things she'll make more money!! lol

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's definitely the phrase. Even when band members themselves announce things, you just can't know until you're holding the record in your own two hands. Still, let's hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Mabe Stevie's involvement with Dave Stewart has something to do with it. Lindsey has stated that if and when Fleetwood records another album, he wanted to bring in an outside producer (which I think is a very good idea!).

We now know, from Dave's tweets, that he had Lindsey put his vocals on a song for Stevie's album. Perhaps Lindsey was impressed by Dave's producing skills, thus the impetus to go forward with a Fleetwood Mac album.

It seems now that Stevie and Lindsey really need inspiration from outside admirers to get the motivation to make things happen. Dave even hinted something about the Buckingham Nicks album. He's my favorite person right now!
Did he really? (I've been absent a few weeks.) That's awesome! I love your idea that the band are being encouraged by their work with others. I see great things happening with Elton John as he collaborates with other artists like Leon Russell and Ray Cooper. He's producing really great stuff right now.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have you people all won lotteries or are you just independently wealthy?
I would love to see a new Mac album...but, if Lindsey and Stevie are going out on tour (as expected), the last thing I'd want for this year would be a FM tour.