User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question WE's "The last stroll" album

As I'm sure many of you are aware, Marty and I have been trying to clean up the Penguin discography a little and there are a few things we still need to check in to and one of them is, that, as it stands now, I would say that Walter Egan's 1980 album "The last stroll" should come out of the discography as I got it on vinyl originally and there was no mention of Lindsey having played on THAT album anywhere in the "Last stroll" liner notes, nor was their any mention of LB playing on it in the early 90's German "2 on 1" CD reissue of "Hi fi/The last stroll" (apart from LB being on "Like we do" which of course, is from the "Hi fi" part of the CD).

Now, there was a reference book in 1985 called "Rock record" by Terry Hounsome which was a book specific to cross referencing artists so you could look up albums that various artists had "guested" on and it states in this book that LB was on Egan's albums FR, NS, HF & LS and I think this is where the errors in future FM discographies has come from. This misinformation may even date back further than that, but this is the oldest source I can find that started the trail of inaccurate information of this "fact".

Anyways, I see that our ChiliD was the one that had informed Marty to add it to the discography in the first place and I was going to PM ChiliD about this but since we are looking for general feedback on the discography anyways, I thought rather than just PM ChiliD about this, I'd ask about it here just in case anyone else may have any solid data to back up the claim that Lindsey is on the "Last stroll" album as we currently don't have it. So please do post about it here if anyone does have any info on this topic and given that the source of the information is credible enough so that we can double check on it, we will keep it in the discogaphy. Otherwise, we will assume that it should come out.

Also, for ChiliD: It's not that I doubt the info is correct, I'm just not aware of the source that you came across as to where you found out that "LB was on TLS" so just let me know where you found out about it so I can verify it OK?

Thanks in advance to everyone for your input on this.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 03-12-2003 at 07:15 PM..
Old 03-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

LB did not play on Egan's "The Last Stroll".
He was a primary player on Fundamental Roll and Not Shy and sang background vocal on Hi Fi, but wasn't on The Last Stroll, most probably b/c the band spent much on 1980 on the road.
Lindsey did, however, play on Egan's "lost record", which was recorded in '84/'85 but not released until 2000 or 2001.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Jeffles, yeah, that's what we figured so we've removed TLS from the discography. Thanks for the clarification.

John