User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
these look really impressive for pre-orders, no?

if this album is really successful and puts Stevie back on the map as a big solo artist, do you all think she will be tempted to leave FM?
Her solo career was huge in the eighties; she didn't leave Fleetwood Mac then. She's not going to leave now, even if her album is her biggest solo success in years (which I think it will be). Even though I think Fleetwood Mac's days are numbered, Stevie will be with them until the end.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

is it off the map in Oz?
I can only find Rumours in at #27
Old 08-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how accurate these charts are .They remind me of the AC Nielsen TV ratings.
Your favorite TV shows gets axed because the handful of people with their people TV meters are watching some crap program which you dont like.Rant over.LOL.....

Thats great the numbers so far looking good for Stevie.
She will kick a$$ with some of those young artists out of the way on the charts and show them what is good music.

I wonder if any of the album will see radio airplay.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Judging from the already impressive pre-order chart positions both in the UK and US, I think this album will chart within the top 5 and top 10 of the US and UK respectively. I can't believe an album only available for pre-order can reach the top 40 of the main iTunes album chart (in the US that is). That is AMAZING. Is there anyone else who is surprised by this fantastic response?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Judging from the already impressive pre-order chart positions both in the UK and US, I think this album will chart within the top 5 and top 10 of the US and UK respectively. I can't believe an album only available for pre-order can reach the top 40 of the main iTunes album chart (in the US that is). That is AMAZING. Is there anyone else who is surprised by this fantastic response?
She doesn't even have a banner on top of iTunes like the rest of the preorders do and she is doing well.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She doesn't even have a banner on top of iTunes like the rest of the preorders do and she is doing well.
She does in the US but not the UK for some reason. It's probably because they are expecting better things in the US for the album which is what usually happens with Stevie's stuff.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

This is what pops up when you first open itunes in the Us
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (97.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 08-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Yes, this is what I was assuming you meant by a banner. Well whatever this is it's not on the UK iTunes.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I missed that all day
Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
She does in the US but not the UK for some reason. It's probably because they are expecting better things in the US for the album which is what usually happens with Stevie's stuff.
How could Dreams not be a #1 song in the UK. Never understood that.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Does anyone remember how the singles from IYD did on itunes? And how the album itself did? Anything comparable to what we're seeing for 24Kg? Thanks, Ricoh
p.s. the official lyric video for The Dealer has been up for 7 hrs and has 1800 views-dunno if that's good or bad, kinda thought it would be higher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkMmlHNvlR8
im watching the lyric video now and its up to over 22,000 views. the thing with youtube videos that most people dont know is that the views arent current...meaning its not going to go up one view every time you watch it. the views are gathered and its updated a few times a day.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
How could Dreams not be a #1 song in the UK. Never understood that.
Well to be fair, Dreams was the highest charting single from Rumours here in the UK but it still only reached #24. However, it did lurk around in the top 30 for a while and people tended to buy the whole album and didn't really bother with the singles so that's why it only ever got to that position. If the Rumours album only had a few good tracks then Dreams would've reached a lot higher. The same can be said for GYOW, DS and YMLF.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take it we will get an actual video for the Dealer, unless they are releasing singles at the same time to see what sticks.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want this album to do really well but it needs a more contemporary and commercial single for it to REALLY get somewhere. I think the best strategy for this album is to see how far The Dealer gets, whether it charts at all and if not the album will already have a great first week sales figure which is when the second single should be released. Stevie can then promote that single on all of the shows and stuff she'll be doing around the time of the albums release which will lead to a decent second week sales figure which is something that many artists don't have. Nowadays, a lot of top 10 debuts plummet fast but luckily Stevie has never really suffered with that, even with IYD which dropped only 10 places in its second week which isn't bad at all and something that a lot of artists really wouldn't mind in today's music industry.

Last edited by James89; 08-05-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Old 08-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
im watching the lyric video now and its up to over 22,000 views. the thing with youtube videos that most people dont know is that the views arent current...meaning its not going to go up one view every time you watch it. the views are gathered and its updated a few times a day.
Thanks-I didn't know it worked that way. It went from 1800 to 23,000 in only a couple hours so now I'm more impressed! Ricoh