Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2013, 02:05 PM

Default "If I did it, I would have to tour."

We've discussed all the issues of Christine touring.

I'm now a believer that she will tour to support new music which I personally think is stunning and amazing! Some of you kept believing even when she said, "never again". I seriously applaud you for having hope.

Here are the issues in review:

Stage fright - Well we all know she's over that little lie. (pun intended) She looked absolutely fantastic rejoining the band in London and Mick's Maui Blues Band. I think her voice was solid, and the blend with LB and SN is still there and so needed.

Fear of flying - Kind don't buy this one either anymore. London to Maui and back = 16,000 miles. Plus, she flew to JFK from LHR to promote ITM. And apparently Monte-Carlo to watch tennis with Justin. I'm guessing Mick didn't hold her hand to the other destinations.

Living out of a suitcase - Yeah... sure it's inconvenient having someone carry your stuff for you all over the world. And yes, not sleeping in your own bed can be a bit of a drag. But, it's what musicians do and there are so many options available to make it easier for them.

Then there are the benefits of touring with FM.

- Because of her 15 year absence, she is more popular than ever to the fans and the critics. That crowd went absolutely ballistic when she walked out on to that stage. The other band members, Stevie and Mick especially were beside themselves with joy. I now feel that deep down inside Lindsey was torn between performing with someone he adores and keeping the standard that they rehearsed and the integrity of the band (in his mind). He is a very traditional guy and no one member should overshadow their work. Although, he's one to talk about nostalgia and making money and/or popularity to push other agendas.

- Her piano was on fire! I felt LB kind of stole her amazing developing solo on both nights. Yes, I do know that this is the way they rehearsed it, but she was jamming and his solo cuts hers off a bit. She should have had a longer solo (another 4 bars perhaps). She was just getting started as far as I'm concerned. Also, I felt the mix was so much more generous to her than it's been when she was a full time member. So nice to actually hear the quirkiness that they really miss on keyboards. Go play the youtube of, "Don't Stop" with Christine, then without. It becomes so embarrassingly apparent that she is missing in the formula that makes them so sublime. Even tunes by Stevie and Lindsey improve with her keyboard work and harmonies.

-Which is my next point. With Christine back in the band, they are an unstoppable force. I will fly wherever if she performs either solo or with the band. All five of them together make each other better.

Here's to hoping.