Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2003, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tickets

Anyone know for sure when tix go on sale? Can't miss this one!

How do you get tix from brokers? I've never gone that route but may have to this time.

Last time I was lucky, I had a friend who knew the people who run Nissan so all she had to do was tell them to save some tickets.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Vianna

I have used both Ebay and a local ticket broker in Atlanta for many concerts. The boker was very expensive, but you got much more peace of mind by using it.

Although I was very cautious about Ebay, my transactions went smoothly. Note: Ebay can be significantly less expensive than a broker depending on your luck in the auction. I paid about $150 for two fourth row tickets in Jones Beach, NJ for TISL. The Ebay vendor had a stellar history on Ebay and was really a dream come true in the transaction (we met on the way to the concert). I was a little nervous, but had a second set of tickets from Ticketmaster on me. One of the MANY troubles with Ticketmaster is you can be one of the first to buy tickets as I have been but still get stuck in the nosebleed section. Then, three months later, the seats on the first five rows that are reserved by, according to Ticketmaster, the artist and/or management company, are released and there you are stuck with nosebleed seats and with the residual exhaustion from getting up three months earlier and standing in line waiting for Ticketmaster to open the day the tickets went on sale.

A good "test run" right now would be to do a word search on Google for ticket brokers in your area and see what you come up with for a tour by a very popular group that is currently going on. Then, do the same on Ebay. I think Cher is still touring. So, maybe she would be a good test candidate seeing as how she had one the highest grossing tours last year, etc.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool

Hi Vianna

Seeing as you're from the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area as well, I've used various ticket brokers before. I've read (unofficially) that they're booked for one date at the MCI Center with an option for a second date if the first date sells out. First thing is first, it will be expensive but it will be so worth it than risk going through TicketMaster which always seems to sell me awful seats.

I have searched on the net and one site, TicketVision @ www.fleetwood-mac-tickets.com is already reserving seats right now for a $50 deposit per ticket. From what I've read, it's a rip-off, so don't go there.

One local but nationwide broker in the Washington D.C. area that I've dealt with is www.greatseatsusa.com, which have always provided me with good seats but at a pricey cost. But any nationwide broker is just as good.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Carrie
Old 02-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

I won't ever buy tickets from ticket brokers, which is just a really nice word for SCALPER, alfter all. I've had great luck and not so great luck with TicketMonster, but there always seemed to be something very not cool and very not at all rock and roll to employ somebody who isn't a fan to buy your tickets for you.