Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default More on Meet and Greet/Fan Club

Got this from Mick's BB:

First - Thanks so much for the VOLUME and (generally) the GREAT QUALITY of your feedback on the Possible Meet and Greet Topic. I want to clarify a few things and get more of your thoughts.

This idea was brought to us by a tour operator who cited the similar option from the Rolling Stones. I know everyone can't afford it. That's exactly why we want to "salute" those of you on this board by creating a Fan Club with a block of great tickets AND advance rights to book those tickets before general sale to the public. In fact, I've even secured an option so that when the Fan Club block runs low members will be able to get ANY house tickets BEFORE the general public! We'll announce the fan club in a week or so and I think we'll have you all in the best ticket-buying situation ever! Fans like you should have better access and that's just what we've created!

Now - about the comments regarding getting rich over the club, record sales or the Meet and Greet. Gotta get real here. Any way you do the math, these programs just don't make anyone rich. These are services we're considering for different levels of fans to try to support you. If we charge for them, we're trying to cover our costs while giving you more options and access. To run the fan club with streaming video and constantly changing "Member Only" content we need to pay videographers, web designers and internet streaming charges. We've already hired people to cover the admin functions too. On the Meet and Greet issue, in addition to the admin needed to secure the tickets, apportion them correctly, cover the transfers, hotel, party and real ticket costs - we need to cover everything from media to star security to wages and travel for the "hosts". On top of that, Mick gives a portion of all net-created proceeds to good causes like Music Cares and the NEA. After expenses, 150 people at a Meet and Greet isn't going to get anyone rich. Not at 1000 of them - and we're considering 10 to 20 tops!

Mick is the first guy to run out and sign autographs and speak with fans at a concert totally free. One problem with this is that luck determines who gets to see him. The tour operator concept was to allow those who had the ability to cover the costs of making this happen get an experience of a lifetime. It doesn't stop all the free meetings and sigs.

I hope I've clarified what we're trying to do - and need your feedback to determine if you want this. May I ask that those of you who DO think you would support and attend a Meet and Greet chime in here with replies? (Assume you'll meet two members and have an "intimate" experience with them interacting with the small group. Don't know which two yet, may rotate. Assume you KNOW who you'll be seeing before you get the tickets. No one will spring odd stuff on you like holding back who you'll meet. Assume you'll be able to get an autograph and have, as a group, 20 minutes or so of the celeb's attention. Assume the cost the tour group charges is $999 - so far the possible price has ranged from $999 - $1,200 depending on how many come - but the difference doesn't sway me much one way or the other - and it includes a first "10 row" concert ticket and ride from the hotel to the concert and back plus your hotel room for that night. See the earlier Possible Meet and Greet in this section for details on the proposed program.) Then we'll see if we have enough interest to make this happen for you. And hey - If you guys don't like it we won't do it!

Thanks for constantly supporting this site and for giving so freely of your thoughts and ideas.

All The Best!

The Knight!

I still don't see how the numbers add up.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HMMM, this new info still makes do difference to me. Still way too pricey for what you get. I don't still understand how he broke the cost down. I don't agree at all.

Alisonmusic
Old 02-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ditto Alison - Knight's rationalisation of the costs along the lines of "Well we had to employ more people to make the administrative arrangements"..

...It's STRAIGHT out of Sir Humphrey's mouth on Yes Minister!!
Old 02-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice idea but way out of my league=:-(

Can't they do something nice or us paupers out here?

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianna
Can't they do something nice or us paupers out here?
How about a random drawing of fans' names out of a hat, 25 or so from each tourstop. Winners get a pass e-mailed to them that they bring to the venue at 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. to watch the band soundcheck. If they win the random drawing, they have the option of buying---for face value---tickets for the actual show.

Wouldn't cost the band a penny, unless you count paying someone to e-mail 25 people. Wouldn't cost the winning fans anything, either, except the cost of their ticket if they decide to buy it.

Who wouldn't rather see a 30-minute (or longer) soundcheck from the front row of an empty venue than to be herded into a convention hall with hundreds of others to see Mick Fleetwood sign some autographs?

Twenty-five fans per tourstop is, logistically, practically nothing. And that still rewards 1,000 fans for the whole tour (25 x 40)---a helluva lot more than the number who'd participate in the dumb meet 'n' greet idea.

PLUS....the rest of us would get tapes of soundchecks!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt regarding their altuistic intentions, then have all of $$$ given to AHI, City of Hope, etc. Or, in the words of a friend of mine who is worth about a billion $$$$$, if that is not a lot of $$$, then give it to me!!!

P.S. Hello all, after years of clandestine reading of posts, I have joined the fray!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

that's

. . . altruistic intentions, . . .

Old 02-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This "Knight" guy just does not get it...there is a principal involved here...why pay for something that is generally done for free...it is crazy...and very insulting to us fans to assume that we would want to pay that much to meet FM.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David
How about a random drawing of fans' names out of a hat, 25 or so from each tourstop. Winners get a pass e-mailed to them that they bring to the venue at 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. to watch the band soundcheck.

I love that idea (if I even lived in the States ), but wouldn't you just HATE the people who won???!! lol
Old 02-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or - pray for an outdoor arena and good whether and peek through the fence!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default found this on micks site...::wink::

They removed it...gee i wonder why. Heheh how cool!
http://www.geocities.com/fleetwdmac03/Mick.html
Old 02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really understand what's going on here. Do they want us to pay $1,000 to attend a meet and greet, and then we'd have top choice of tickets? I of course want the best seats possible, so anything at this point might interest me. But, could someone please explain what's going on? I know there's another Meet and Greet thread, but I just don't have the time to read all through the posts.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya know, I dont think Mr Knight has said anything about a fan club member bringing someone to the show with them if they fork out this damn 1100. Would that be 1100 for 2 people or 2200??

GOD I am soo insulted - this thing makes me sick to my stomach.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: More on Meet and Greet/Fan Club

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
To run the fan club with streaming video and constantly changing "Member Only" content we need to pay videographers, web designers and internet streaming charges.

(Assume you'll meet two members and have an "intimate" experience with them interacting with the small group. Don't know which two yet, may rotate. Assume you KNOW who you'll be seeing before you get the tickets.
Looks like a chargable section of the website is on the way, either via Members area from the fanclub access or some other new fandangled way that they will fleece us.

Plus the meet & greet two members is way too vague, is this two members of Fleetwood Mac or is this backing musicians?

Overall the new statement from Knight gives us more questions then answers!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Re: found this on micks site...::wink::

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84

They removed it...gee i wonder why. Heheh how cool!
http://www.geocities.com/fleetwdmac03/Mick.html
I thought I saw that guy on the street recently (Or was it the TV with Ar-Nold in "The Running Man"?)...Muttered something about "$1100 for some M&G", So I nailed him upside the head with my new metal crutches and told "My money is going towards my NEW medical bill..."..lol...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."