The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Re: Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
They better be! Hell, at that price they can go ahead and include a cocaine buffet.

This whole thing would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
Yeah, I agree with ya Mike B., For that price I'm sure that they could also include hooking the fans up with their former drug dealers...lol...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It times like this that make you thankful for The Ledge! (ie full of 'real', balanced individuals...not one big chorus of worship!)
Thanks Marty!

Me? I"m not responding to the thread over at Mick's chat.
(a) its not worth the bother and
(b) the question wasn't worth responding to

Who could fall for such a scam? You're meeting your idols on no virtue of your own; the partcipating band members will just see you as a big excited dollar bill with arms, legs and a drooling, blathering mouth; it's like prostitution. At least if the money that would go to the badn were going all to harity, that would be different.

Does Lindsey even know about this? If he did, I can't imagine he'd think that much of the sort of person who'd participate anyway.
Yuk - the whole concept leaves one feeling very icky...
Old 02-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
Yeah, I agree with ya Mike B., For that price I'm sure that they could also include hooking the fans up with their former drug dealers...lol...Brian J.
Not to mention some groupies and roadies, too. If you know what I mean.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Does Lindsey even know about this?
Gosh, I hope not. Same for Stevie. I would be majorly disillusioned if I thought that my favorite artists would take advantage of me like that. Geez, it's like we're being "punished" for liking them too much!

I'm going to continue to believe that Stevie, who apparently cares about her fans, and Lindsey, who apparently cares about integrity, are not involved in this.

Old 02-08-2003, 01:23 PM

Hey, come on, guys, why all the negativity? Don't these people deserve to make a buck? Gee, you'd think they're putting a gun to your head. If you want to take advantage of it, and you can, good for you. But if you can't... hey no need to knock it. Besides...

Hey, who said that!!???

Help me, I've been invaded by a pollyanna. Aaaaahhhhh!!!

This almost seals it for me: I can't see even going to a show. I'm going to limit myself to just buying the CD. I am disgusted with this band.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The cost for this looks like it would be about $1,100 (air if you need it would be on your own) including the hotel, party, shuttles and concert
Hotel - $100
Party? - $50
Shuttles - $50
Concert - $100
Meeting Fleetwood Mac - PRICELESS?! $800 F*** THAT!

Joe
Old 02-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh...that is nuts..I am gonna hop over there and give my thoughts too...money hungry bastards(hoping Stevie and Linds are unaware)...that is nuts....at least when people paid $1000 for a ticket to AHI it was for a cause..I'm sorry but i am not contributing to Mick's daughters' college fund.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Maybe...

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
I'm sorry but i am not contributing to Mick's daughters' college fund.
Maybe it's too fund Mick's multiple divorce settlements???...Hmmm...lol...Brian "I fall down , I get up..." J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A meet and greet is someting you give some fans for free, maybe through a quiz or just by surprise. Not for selling 50 to 200 per show at an incredible rate. it's disgusting and flying over to NY or something from Holland to see my favorite band (since 1977!!) was a serious option for me until yesterday. I'm Thrown Down.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
it's disgusting and flying over to NY or something from Holland to see my favorite band (since 1977!!) was a serious option for me until yesterday
At this rate they may have to GIVE tickets away for their upcoming tour! Fleetwood Mac....the ultimate worst in public relations.

Joe
Old 02-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes-this is strange indeed.
I read the post on Micks site and immediately replied with my disdain over the idea, then proceeded to delete my post LOL-Like why bother.....Then began to curse the MAC and all their greed....(I'm sure you've all have read that this Tour will have the one of the HIGHEST tickets prices this summer)...and THEN changed my wallpaper on my computer to something less offensive at the moment.

Boy, and I thought the fan club price was out of sight!@! Hell even Madonna charges 39.95 for fan club membership.....and thats starting to sound like a bargain.....
I think that is the most I would pay for a Fleetwood Mac FC-with access to pre-sale internet concert tickets and other great goodies- But im losing hope, and Im with Carne-I even considered not going to the concert this summer to protest....this feels that they seem to be more interested in catering to the suits in the audience.

It's worth noting that I did pay about that much in 98' to see Stevie and friends for the AHI-BUT AT LEAST THAT WAS CHARITY...I am hoping that Stevie and Lindsey are not the ones driving this...HELL Stevie cannot be hurting for $$$ AT ALL, the royalties that she is getting for being on the Dixies' 5 million selling "Home" could establish her retirement alone!!

this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth....

Last edited by Christopher; 02-08-2003 at 03:09 PM..
Old 02-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes all this makes me feel very disappointed in a band that I have loved for years. I don't even know what to say to all of this.
I almost feel betrayed for a lack of a better word. Im not rich, and all the money I have spent over 25 years on this band would add up to alot. Yes I forgave when they blew there money on drugs and Micks mismanagment. But this is so..... taking us fans for granted. After all it is the fans that gave them what they have today, without us they would be no where. So treat us better than this.

Alisonmusic
Old 02-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok Lets play the "Price Is Right".
Just how much should tickets in the first 10 rows, a one night stay in a decent hotel and a "party" with a meet and greet cost? What do most tour packages from other artists cost and include? Now really how much does a shuttle cost? Most hotels should be within walking distance from the venue, right? Or are they going to put everyone up in the next town?
Old 02-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
At this rate they may have to GIVE tickets away for their upcoming tour! Fleetwood Mac....the ultimate worst in public relations.

Joe
I don't think you're too far off the mark, Joe. This latest scheme of Mick's is crushing my spirit as a fan. Before this week, my biggest gripe was the album title. But after what looks like a very sketchy tour itenerary and the pure attempt at fleecing of fans with ticket prices and this joke of a "package", I guess I should keep my mouth shut and pray it doesn't get any worse.

I have to say - I've been ready and waiting for this tour for 7 years and with each piece of information that trickles out, my enthusiasm shrinks. They need to hire some new PR wizards, put them in a room and figure out how to fix this. Because this is tough for a fan to take.

Mike
Old 02-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is really one step over the line. Actually it's downright disgusting. If anyone really wants tickets in the first 10 rows, give a broker about $250-300 instead of giving Mick Fleetwood $1100. And stay at a super Motel 8 or something for 50 bucks. Look at it this way - you'll be saving yourself about $800! Who would have ever thought that you could save money by going through a ticket broker?

The thing that really gets me is that they are only offering the opportunity to meet some of the band members for this outrageous price. I have visions of nothing Mick Fleetwood and his scary followers from his website. Yikes!