The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2003, 03:25 AM

Unhappy Meet & Greet On Upcoming Tour

I don't how many of you also check in at Mick's site but I thought some of you would be interested to know about this one. Read the post and the replys to it, think it over, and then please share your feelings about it. It is on MickFleetwood.Com in the chat area under the "Knightly News" section.

Possible Meet & Greet . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone - I need your feedback here! We're speaking with a tour operator about a possible "package" that could be offered in many of the tour cities including the chance to meet a couple of the band's members before the show in a casual Meet and Greet, get seats in the first 10 rows at a concert, a nite in a hotel after the concert and transportation from the hotel to the concert and back to the hotel. People could do this in their own city or fly in to a city of their choice. The cost for this looks like it would be about $1,100 (air if you need it would be on your own) including the hotel, party, shuttles and concert. Looks like we could only have between 50 - 200 people do this per concert. Will you start voting by replying to this letter and let me know if this is something you want us to try to make happen? This is a big project and the band members are excited about the idea of a meet and greet. What do you think? If we offered it, would you come?

Thanks!

The Knight!
Old 02-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question I saw that...

and I cant see paying that amount...I wouldnt pay that amount to meet ANY musician on this planet, Honestly I wouldnt...Brian "In pain & wide awake" J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Angry !@$@#$

Wow..that thread really made me sick. I think I'm going to vomit. I really hope Fleetwood Mac doesn't turn into a band that is just about the money.

by the way, how much do you think regular tickets will sell? I was thinking of trying to go but....will it be like 300 dollars?!
"It's not about the money, and it's not about the fame. It's about knowing that I connected with people, and that maybe one of my songs made them feel better at some point in their life when they were sad." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I just saw it and...

I think its way too much money and the fact that not all the members are doing this, its just not worth it to me.

Isabel
Old 02-08-2003, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: !@$@#$

Quote:
Originally posted by SeventhWonder
Wow..that thread really made me sick. I think I'm going to vomit. I really hope Fleetwood Mac doesn't turn into a band that is just about the money.

by the way, how much do you think regular tickets will sell? I was thinking of trying to go but....will it be like 300 dollars?!
Yep, me too. Thats exactly what many fan post it over there when this was anounced.

About the ticket price, I hope to god there not even close to $300.00 but if you go for what the are saying on Micks Website as much or more than Eagles ticket price. I dont know how much its that (since I've never gone to an eagles concert) but for what I understand its a lot.

Isabel
Old 02-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Angry

Yes, that is unbelievable. I was so worred at the number of posts over there praising them for offering such an incredible opportunity. But thankfully the people who are outraged - you know, the sane people - began registering their displeasure with the idea.

I think everyone who feels this is a joke should go over there and say so. It's already bad enough that we are going to be paying through the roof for the tickets. But to offer this up as some kind of "gift" to the fans is such an insult.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Yes, that is unbelievable. I was so worred at the number of posts over there praising them for offering such an incredible opportunity. But thankfully the people who are outraged - you know, the sane people - began registering their displeasure with the idea.

I think everyone who feels this is a joke should go over there and say so. It's already bad enough that we are going to be paying through the roof for the tickets. But to offer this up as some kind of "gift" to the fans is such an insult.
Yes, Mike I posted my displeasure over there at the same time you did.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Yes, Mike I posted my displeasure over there at the same time you did.
Lol...yep, I just saw that, Pattie. Great minds think alike, eh?

Old 02-08-2003, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick or whoever is scoping this exercise need to get a reality check, $1100 is a joke.

I would be very disturbed if I heard that Stevie or Lindsey had anything to do with these decisions. From Mick I can believe this as he has always been blinkered by the $$$ signs.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lol...yep, I just saw that, Pattie. Great minds think alike, eh?

Yep, Mike thats what I thought, too.
Now, What about this party? Are the serving Dom Perignon, caviar, Filet Mignon, fine chocolates,etc?
Old 02-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chargable Site Access?????????

I wonder how long it will take for either the complete site of http://www.mickfleetwood.com or a section of it to beome chargable for access!!

As much as this sounds absurd, I am sure that this is a distint possibility and has probably been costed up by the site admins. We know how importent the $$ are to these people!!

Maybe we will get the picture outtakes from the new album posted in the chargable site, woohoo!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL...my sentiments exactly. Some of the people over there worry me. It's like Mick is God to them and if he asked them all to sacrifice their first born child in order to get the chance to own an authentic "Mick Fleetwood drumstick" they launch into the praises of how great the idea is

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 02-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I went back again...

this morning and read more of the replies...All I can honestly say is that if I had $1100 extra dollars laying around, I would be using it for something more constructive, Like say a medical bill, Instead of a "meet & greet",Concert, Etc...

I truly hope the tickets for the tour arent going to be in the rather ridiculous price range, But with $$Mick$$ I wouldnt be surprised...Brian "Take Away My Pain" J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
I wonder how long it will take for either the complete site of http://www.mickfleetwood.com or a section of it to beome chargable for access!!
Shh! Don't give Mick any more ideas, Neil!

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Now, What about this party? Are they serving Dom Perignon, caviar, Filet Mignon, fine chocolates,etc?
They better be! Hell, at that price they can go ahead and include a cocaine buffet.

This whole thing would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Chargable Site Access?????????

Quote:
Shh! Don't give Mick any more ideas, Neil!

Isabel