The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that anything they play is going to be good. I just hope that besides the well worn classics like Dreams and Rhiannon that they play some of my fav's like Gypsy , Sara and Seven Wonders. I would be so thrilled if they played Storms. I love that song.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of the new songs, hopefully, and it would be nice to see some of the old songs aswell.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default NO!

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I think that they might forego "I'm So Afraid" and play "Murrow" instead...after all, they're virtually alike. I definitely don't think they'd play 'em BOTH.
THEY MUST PLAY I'M SO AFRAID!!!!!! It's my fave, and I've never heard it live! Please, NO!!!

I think you guys that are kind of resentful of them playing old hits should remember that some of us have never heard these signature songs live, and it would be a major letdown if we never did.

[OK, I admit even I could let go of Rhiannon, 'cause it ain't like it used to be, but ISA! Come on!]

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-08-2003 at 10:15 AM..
Old 02-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: NO!

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts

[OK, I admit even I could let go of Rhiannon, 'cause it ain't like it used to be, but ISA! Come on!]
I'm the same way about Dreams. I know alot of people are so sick of it and it has never really been a knockout performed live. But that song just means so much to me that I have to hear it.

I kind of intentionally started this thread with a very conservative setlist. I don't want to get my hopes up that we'll get Storms, Sisters of the Moon, Tango In The Night, and a slew of new songs. I'm glad to see that most of you think they will shake it up a bit this time.

(For what they're going to be charging for tickets, they'd better shake it up!)
Old 02-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool OK Mike

I'll take the Dance songs:

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust woman
I'm So Afraid
Temporary One
Bleed To Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Go Insane
Landslide
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
My Little Demon
Silver Springs
Over My Head
Rhiannon
Sweet Girl
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird

Drop Chris's songs, Lindsey's and Stevie's 'new' Dance songs (with the exception of Bleed To Love Her), and "Go Insane"(insert Trouble)......throw in Second Hand News(from the Dance Tour), "Say You Will"(the first single), and five other new songs???...I'd say "Illume" for sure, and Stevie's "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You" to close the show......

My(their) new setlist would be:

The Chain
Dreams
Gold Dust woman
I'm So Afraid
Say You Will
Illume
Bleed To Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Silver Springs
new song
new song
Trouble
Second Hand News
Landslide
new song
new song
Rhiannon
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

I have some requests..........please play "World Turning", "Frozen Love", and "Crystal"!!

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 02-08-2003 at 03:35 PM..
Old 02-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Yeah, I guess I just have this block against "Come". I'm sure they'll play it.

BUT!!! I think that they might forego "I'm So Afraid" and play "Murrow" instead...after all, they're virtually alike. I definitely don't think they'd play 'em BOTH.
Okay chilli, but you were certain about the inclusion of Twist of Fate, too, weren't you ?

For me The encores may be thirty minutes of lindsey: Tango in the Night, I'm so afraid and Murrow. Then, for me Come is garanteed, and they don't have to play it anymore...
Old 02-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default GAH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
THEY MUST PLAY I'M SO AFRAID!!!!!! It's my fave, and I've never heard it live! Please, NO!!!
I AGREE!!! If I don't get to see Lindsey play ISA live, I will DIE!!! DIE I TELL YOU!!!!! I don't even want to THINK about going to see them this summer and no ISA!!! NOOOOO!!!!! Yeah, some of us are new fans and want to hear our fave songs...AND I wanna hear the new stuff...no doubt...Red Rover and Come most of all....If they do those THREE songs, I will be a happy person!!! Rhiannon being dropped doesn't bother me either...I LOVE it, but I wish I coulda seen her go MENTAL back in the day... The SN songs I would LOVE to hear would be: Beautiful Child (MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!), Storms, Sisters of the Moon (Yeah, TUSK songs BABY!!!!) and Straight Back. Those are most def want I want to hear and what they most def will NOT play.

For me, the encores may be thirty minutes of Lindsey: Tango in the Night, I'm So Afraid and Murrow. Then, for me Come is guaranteed, and they don't have to play it anymore...

GREAT minds think alike..I would LOVE for this to happen...OH RAPTURE!!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
For me The encores may be thirty minutes of lindsey: Tango in the Night, I'm so afraid and Murrow. Then, for me Come is garanteed, and they don't have to play it anymore...
LOL! You know it!

Old 02-09-2003, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
Okay chilli, but you were certain about the inclusion of Twist of Fate, too, weren't you ?
Hey, even Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Jeanne Dixon & John Edward have been wrong sometimes!

Prophecy is NOT an exact science, ya know!
Old 02-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the band

should take a cue from Springsteen's current tour.

I saw Bruce last summer in D.C. and he played 11.. count 'em.. 11 songs from his new album "The Rising." He opened with a new track.. definitely had some of the old favorites, but he played most of the new record and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Springsteen is also known for shaking up the setlist - something I doubt the Mac will ever do..

I hope D.C. is the second show of the tour, as I don't know how long I can wait without peeking to see what the setlist is. (hoping to hold off until I see them).
Old 02-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wouldn't worry Christy... I just can't see them replacing ISA with Murrow (as much as Murrow rocks, it's place at this stage is on the new album alone I think). ISA is way too expected (and as good as ever, unlike contemporary live renditions of Rhiannon and Dreams)
Old 02-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping they mix it up a little bit...

Don't Stop - I have a feeling they'll play this one, and something OTHER than The Chain needs to open the shows, IMO. I think Don't Stop would be a good opener.
Dreams
Big Love (Full Band)
Say You Will
New song
Eyes of the World
Gypsy
Angel
New Song
Beautiful Child
>>Band Intros<<
The Chain
Seven Wonders
Crystal
Silver Springs
New Song
Never Going Back Again
Frozen Love

Fireflies
I'm So Afraid
Sisters of the Moon

Go Your Own Way

I only put in four new songs. I doubt that they will really play more than four or five, and there are so many older songs we rarely hear that I finally want to. However, it may be nice if instead of playing the SAME four or five new songs each night, maybe play one consistently (Say You Will), and then flip the other three around.

I also left out Rhiannon, which I doubt will NOT be in the setlist. It just seemed to be played with a lackluster effort in '97. It's not just the lack of Stevie's 1975 wailings, but the whole band just seemed "blah-ed" with this song. Maybe if they rearrange the music however, Rhiannon could be a positive number in the set.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
I know for the reunion "The Chain" was a great way tp start off shows, but now I think we need something fresh.
Also, as I've been saying before, I don't quite see "The Chain" as it was intended. Sure, this is Fleetwood Mac still, but these are not the same links in the chain... One link is missing.

Song of the moment - Spare Me A Little Bit Of Your Love