User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Mac Baseball??

OK maybe they think Stevie has magical powers and can remove "the curse of the Bambino".

This is too much:

http://www.1fleetwoodmactickets.com/...c-seating.html
Old 02-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What the .....??

Is this some sort of joke?? Or a really obvious con trick???

"We have Fleetwood Mac tickets in stock now"

Oh really.....

Old 02-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Its a baseball stadium in Boston where the Red Sox play. It says get your tickets for the" Fleetwood Mac game". LOL
The Red Sox can NEVER win a World Series its called the "Curse of the Bambino". Thats why I figured maybe they thought Stevie had magical powers to remove the curse.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile LOL!

Yeah Pattie, after 85 years without a World Series ring anywhere near Yawkey Way, we'll take all the luck we can get.

John
Old 02-10-2003, 11:45 AM

Default LMAO

too funny, Pattie. Thanx for posting.

I contemplated some silly pun about getting to third base with Stevie, but I'll just leave it.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually what the Sox need is for Stevie to put some Welsh curse on the Yankees. I'm not even a Sox fan, Indians here...but I think that Yankee-hate traverses the entire league!

And I'm surprised that no one has picked up on this yet and designed some sort of Fleetwood Mac "game."

Seteca...Fenway Park is the one of the oldest major league baseball park in the US. It is very antiquated, but it is treasured by not only Red Sox fans, but Major League baseball fans around the world. As someone else said, the Sox haven't won the WS in 85 years, when they sold a player you may have heard of, Babe Ruth, to the Yankees. This is where the whole "Curse of the Bambino" comes from. Someone might think this is a bunch of crap, but when you look at the amount of bad luck that has struck this club since, it's hard to dispute. Of course, as much bad luck as the Red Sox have dealt with, there's always the Cubbies!
Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
Actually what the Sox need is for Stevie to put some Welsh curse on the Yankees. I'm not even a Sox fan, Indians here...but I think that Yankee-hate traverses the entire league!

Yes, I was so happy when the Arizona Diamondbacks won the World Series in 2001!!! Maybe Stevie gave them some of her hometown magic. I am not a Yankees myself. I am happy when any other team wins but them!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seteca...Fenway Park is the one of the oldest major league baseball park in the US. It is very antiquated, but it is treasured by not only Red Sox fans, but Major League baseball fans around the world. As someone else said, the Sox haven't won the WS in 85 years, when they sold a player you may have heard of, Babe Ruth, to the Yankees. This is where the whole "Curse of the Bambino" comes from. Someone might think this is a bunch of crap, but when you look at the amount of bad luck that has struck this club since, it's hard to dispute. Of course, as much bad luck as the Red Sox have dealt with, there's always the Cubbies!
Thanks for clearing that up for me I of course know who Babe Ruth is, and I'd heard of the curse story vaguely but that's it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainman
I contemplated some silly pun about getting to third base with Stevie, but I'll just leave it.
lmao!!

Old 02-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, as much bad luck as the Red Sox have dealt with, there's always the Cubbies!
Whoa now!!! Let's NOT go attacking MY beloved Cubs® okay???? I been a DIEHARD Cubs for 23 years now (I bleed "Cubbie Blue"!!!!)...

When we DO make it to the series WE WILL WIN IT unlike the Braves (TBS=The Braves Suck) or even the Red Sox (Don't get me wrong, I do like the Red Sox,(Just not the White SUX)...But Bill Buckner kinda ruined the Red Sox World Series chances in 1986 against the Mets...Besides,, The Yanks will be signing "Ted Williams-the CLONE" in the near future...)

Brian J.

ps-I'm a Yankees loyalist, Any team that can beat Billionaire Ted's SO-CALLED "America's Team" is great in my books...Besides spring training starts up this week, Time to practice up on my "Toma-Hawk-Choke"...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm way out my 'league' here ! The best I know about US baseball and the Yankees is Mr Steinbrenner (" I can smell Calzones!"). Buut I'll take your word that the website makes any sense and that there is some FM-baseball connection being made.
out-of-the-loop aussie signing out! (back to the cricket! )
Old 02-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
Bill Buckner kinda ruined the Red Sox World Series chances in 1986 against the Mets
HA! Not to get in to this but just cuz you reminded me, I will go on the record and say I ALWAYS HATED Bill Buckner and I'd never "stick up" for him but Rich Gedman, Bob Stanley & John Macnamara all contributed to that fiasco too. Mac left Buckner out on the field in that game 6 '86 series for silly sentimental reaosns when his best defensive first basemen was sitting on the bench in Dave Stapleton. The wild pitch that tied the game (previous to the ground ball to Bucks) is half to blame on Stanley (suppossedly the Sox closer then, and oh sure, he "closed games" all right, usually by coming in to screw things up and let the other team win in the bottom of the 9th!) but I think catcher Rich Gedman could have at LEAST blocked that pitch to stop it from going to the back stop. In a situation like that (if you're a good catcher) you have to act like a hockey goalie to stop that guy at third from going anywhere but no no, he opts for the backhander to be lazy and look what happens. Oh what we Sox fans think of for "what if's"! I've seen that game 6 shown over and over and just PREVIOUS to the wild pitch, Mookie Wilson hit a slow grounder up the third base line which Wade Boggs let go foul, if only he charged it he could've gotten the third out then and there! Let's see who else can I blame?! Seriously though it's often been speculated that Mookie would have beaten out the Buckner grounder had he fielded it cleanly and the Mets would have won anyways (and it's doubtful Stanley would've been able to get to first for coverage even if there was a chance to get him). Oh well come on then Ms. Nicks, bring that Diamondback power to Fenway!

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 02-11-2003 at 09:54 AM..