Yes 34 31.48%
No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Disgusting is really a good description of how I think of Mick And $tevie as people. They are both disgusting, disloyal and self centered human beings.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...........comes to mind.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Revenge is nice but it doesn't make what they did to him and his family go away.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
You know Sue... It sure does..

But some day $he'll regret that $he did this. Of course not now.. but the day will come when $he realizes that her actions were out of jealousy and her contempt for LB. To take a major role in getting rid of him because you don't agree with his avenue for art, that's so pathetic and disgraceful. Can you imagine doing that to anybody?

$he laid in bed with Mick many times, one more time just might hurt her.

As I said, she'll wake up one day and realize she did a horrible thing to a man that is by no means perfect. But, he sure did put his heart and soul into Fleetwood Mac and $tevie NIck$'s raw material. And stage wise, he really made their live set unreal. The guilt $he will feel later on is going to be heavy. If $he even feels anymore.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Ledgie

I have been reading the forums with great interest.

This post will probably not go down well.

I am sick to death with Stevie & Lindsey.

At the end of the day he has been fired.Whatever the reasons, the right or wrongs of this decision.

You may agree with it or not.

FM were alive before SN & LB

They will remain active with another line up
How many will that be- They have had numerous members

It would be interesting to see what forum members thought when LB & SN joined.

Was it the end of the world then ?

As far as i am concerned, The chain has been broken many times and have always been re-chained together

Long live Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-14-2018, 10:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
I have been reading the forums with great interest.

This post will probably not go down well.

I am sick to death with Stevie & Lindsey.

At the end of the day he has been fired.Whatever the reasons, the right or wrongs of this decision.

You may agree with it or not.

Long live Fleetwood Mac
For what it's worth, I think I agree with you? I was at least sick to death of the fake interactions between Stevie and Lindsey. Reading interviews and looking at body language, I thought it was pretty obvious that they really did not care to be around each other, so I got eye strain from all the eye-rolling when they'd do the hug-y stuff during performances. It was just kind of...uncomfortable. So part of me was almost relieved with the recent development, because I didn't really care to watch them go through the motions again on another tour. I'm curious about what the new guys will bring to the tour, presumably without the underlying feeling of tension that would likely underscore the whole show if the Rumours 5 were all touring together.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
For what it's worth, I think I agree with you? I was at least sick to death of the fake interactions between Stevie and Lindsey. Reading interviews and looking at body language, I thought it was pretty obvious that they really did not care to be around each other, so I got eye strain from all the eye-rolling when they'd do the hug-y stuff during performances. It was just kind of...uncomfortable. So part of me was almost relieved with the recent development, because I didn't really care to watch them go through the motions again on another tour. I'm curious about what the new guys will bring to the tour, presumably without the underlying feeling of tension that would likely underscore the whole show if the Rumours 5 were all touring together.
For what it's worth, I think I agree with both of you. I was actually going to agree with the original poster, but you beat me to the punch. Anyway, well said...maybe that's what I was waiting for....someone to type it out for me.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but the thing is he was fired, not her. And he was fired because of her. They should have both been fired, but that's never gonna happen. So as it is now, it's unfair.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, but the thing is he was fired, not her. And he was fired because of her. They should have both been fired, but that's never gonna happen. So as it is now, it's unfair.
Mick would never allow that. Otherwise he'd be playing in a pseudo blues band somewhere, most likely Fleetwood's on Front St.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post

They will remain active with another line up
How many will that be- They have had numerous members

Just like The Platters.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If I did go, I would be ashamed to admit it and feel guilty if I enjoyed it.

They have sucked all the joy out of it.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:55 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Mick would never allow that. Otherwise he'd be playing in a pseudo blues band somewhere, most likely Fleetwood's on Front St.
Exactly. While I still believe it's speculation that Lindsey was fired because of Stevie's wishes. There are four people still left in the band, and after putting up with the awkward dynamic between themselves for the better part of four decades to think that three of the four remaining members bowed to the whims of just one is a stretch for me. Regadless, I don't know why firing both would be necessary or that when it comes to the business decisions of five aging millionaires the reasoning needs to be "fair."

Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? Regardless of anyone on this board's personal feelings on the matter, Stevie has been and remains the biggest draw for the band among the general concert-going public. If it all comes down to money, the band isn't going to toss the biggest contributor to the bottom line. Beyond the financial aspect, there's no denying that Mick gets along with Stevie better on a personal level. Whatever posters here may think of Stevie and her diva-ness, evidence suggests that within the context of the band Lindsey has historically been the outsider. I mean, she and Mick are always showing up at things together and John has said any number of things over the years suggesting he gets along well and easily with her. Even allowing for Christine's opinion to be neutral on who she prefers to spend her remaining years on the road with, Stevie is edging Lindsey in an intra-band popularity contest.

Honestly, I'm only surprised it took this long for someone to get fired from this petty, mixed-up band. And while I'm inclined to think the problem may have started with a touring disagreement that escalated into a clash of personalities that couldn't stand to be together any longer...I really am not at all surprised that if one person is out, that person is Lindsey.

From both a financial and a personal aspect, if one was going to be out...it seems like Lindsey was always going to be that one.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Registered

Easy decision for me, since they're coming nowhere near where I now live I won't be able to go anyway I did get to see the Vito/Burnette version of FMac in Houston, and let's just say it wasn't the most memorable moment in my life and put me off watching any more concerts All I remember is Chris doing Brown Eyes. Then again, during the Unleashed (?) tour the Mac were in Vancouver and I could have attended but didn't. For me it's the Rumours 5, otherwise I won't bother to pay up even if they did come.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My brother and I are huge Crowded House/ Finn fans. That's what makes this even more strange to me. My bro tells me we will see this show together when they come to the Philly/ DC area. If I go I'm sure i will enjoy but .......... I'm so glad I saw the Buck/McVie show and got that "Fleetwood Mac" album last year.😎
Old 04-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. While I still believe it's speculation that Lindsey was fired because of Stevie's wishes. There are four people still left in the band, and after putting up with the awkward dynamic between themselves for the better part of four decades to think that three of the four remaining members bowed to the whims of just one is a stretch for me. Regadless, I don't know why firing both would be necessary or that when it comes to the business decisions of five aging millionaires the reasoning needs to be "fair."

Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? Regardless of anyone on this board's personal feelings on the matter, Stevie has been and remains the biggest draw for the band among the general concert-going public. If it all comes down to money, the band isn't going to toss the biggest contributor to the bottom line. Beyond the financial aspect, there's no denying that Mick gets along with Stevie better on a personal level. Whatever posters here may think of Stevie and her diva-ness, evidence suggests that within the context of the band Lindsey has historically been the outsider. I mean, she and Mick are always showing up at things together and John has said any number of things over the years suggesting he gets along well and easily with her. Even allowing for Christine's opinion to be neutral on who she prefers to spend her remaining years on the road with, Stevie is edging Lindsey in an intra-band popularity contest.

Honestly, I'm only surprised it took this long for someone to get fired from this petty, mixed-up band. And while I'm inclined to think the problem may have started with a touring disagreement that escalated into a clash of personalities that couldn't stand to be together any longer...I really am not at all surprised that if one person is out, that person is Lindsey.

From both a financial and a personal aspect, if one was going to be out...it seems like Lindsey was always going to be that one.

The thing is, if they'd given Stevie the boot several years ago they could have been a proper band now. They could have created and released a couple of albums and could have been a proper album/tour/album/tour band. They could have even replaced Stevie with a notable female vocalist. Instead, we get no new 'official' Fleetwood Mac music and we are likely to get a lame tour which seems destined to be the last. Stevie does her couple of years on, three years off thing so after this tour its likely she'll have no further interest in FM for another few years which in all likelihood will be the end anyway. I bet if they'd given Stevie the boot a couple of years ago Lindsey would have been fully committed to the band now. Overall Mick would have probably been better off as he'd be more assured of a steady job/income.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-15-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I predict a new FM album with the new lineup after the tour.