The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Bekka song from Time?
Dreaming the Dream 2 14.29%
Nothing Without You 5 35.71%
Winds of Change 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd rather have any Fleetwood Mac that no Fleetwood Mac at all!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Bless you!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree! But really though, I think, it's unfair to say Fleetwood Mac was ruined in 1977. Did Mick not say it was one of the most important albums they ever made? The Rumours era was the most successful line up and they got a new sound that I think is amazing. I don't understand why people think they were ruined after that?? If it has to do with Stevie/Lindsey that is just unfair because they brought their own styles and if people didn't like it they should have got the previous members of the Mac to stay instead, but they didn't. So that was that. I'm not saying I don't like the pre-Rumours/post-Rumours line up, but I'm saying the Rumours era definitely didn't ruin Fleetwood amc.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I agree! But really though, I think, it's unfair to say Fleetwood Mac was ruined in 1977. Did Mick not say it was one of the most important albums they ever made? The Rumours era was the most successful line up and they got a new sound that I think is amazing. I don't understand why people think they were ruined after that?? If it has to do with Stevie/Lindsey that is just unfair because they brought their own styles and if people didn't like it they should have got the previous members of the Mac to stay instead, but they didn't. So that was that. I'm not saying I don't like the pre-Rumours/post-Rumours line up, but I'm saying the Rumours era definitely didn't ruin Fleetwood amc.
I'm not saying it is because of Lindsey & Stevie...it's because of the whole Rumours phenomena. It DID ruin Fleetwood Mac. What album have they played at least 6 songs from in every concert since? It's like their creativity got stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits once that album took off. Tusk was only a reaction to Rumours...meant to be "the anti-Rumours" not a creative statement on its own. Everything they did was an attempt to either re-create or create the "anti-" Rumours...even after a change in personnel, they couldn't let it go, which would've been the INTELLIGENT and HEALTHY thing to do, but no. AND, in so doing, all the "Fleetwood Mac faithful" (except some of us who AVOIDED the "kool-aid" like the plague) just fell right in line with the "Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey or Stevie isn't Fleetwood Mac" which is bull**** because there was a Fleetwood Mac before them and after them...they weren't the "be all/end all" of Fleetwood Mac, you all have just been brainwashed into BELIEVING they were/are/will always be like lemmings. God forbid the first one goes over the cliff...you'll all follow mindlessly.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Peter, Lindsey or Stevie = no mac.

I wish Christine wouldn't have participated
with this album. Then maybe, just maybe
they would have used a different band name.

Like....The Unknowns.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey or Stevie isn't Fleetwood Mac" which is bull**** because there was a Fleetwood Mac before them and after them...they weren't the "be all/end all" of Fleetwood Mac, you all have just been brainwashed into BELIEVING they were/are/will always be like lemmings. God forbid the first one goes over the cliff...you'll all follow mindlessly.
It's the only Fleetwood Mac I've ever known, though. (With Stevie & Lindsey) I grew up with the Dance. I just like their sound. Please don't say we'll all follow mindlessly, I don't like the Stevie/Lindsey line up because everyone else does, it's because it's the only one I know/grew up with/fell in love with. And I have to agree that it probably does suck that they play all the same songs over and over again, somethings weird about that, they should mix er up already! But hell, what am I saying? I haven't even heard them perform those repetitive songs before.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I'm not saying it is because of Lindsey & Stevie...it's because of the whole Rumours phenomena. It DID ruin Fleetwood Mac. What album have they played at least 6 songs from in every concert since? It's like their creativity got stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits once that album took off. Tusk was only a reaction to Rumours...meant to be "the anti-Rumours" not a creative statement on its own. Everything they did was an attempt to either re-create or create the "anti-" Rumours...even after a change in personnel, they couldn't let it go, which would've been the INTELLIGENT and HEALTHY thing to do, but no. AND, in so doing, all the "Fleetwood Mac faithful" (except some of us who AVOIDED the "kool-aid" like the plague) just fell right in line with the "Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey or Stevie isn't Fleetwood Mac" which is bull**** because there was a Fleetwood Mac before them and after them...they weren't the "be all/end all" of Fleetwood Mac, you all have just been brainwashed into BELIEVING they were/are/will always be like lemmings. God forbid the first one goes over the cliff...you'll all follow mindlessly.

Lemmings don't jump over cliffs. That's a fallacy created by Disney. And one person's opinion shouldn't be shouted down like that. We're all entitled to them. Just as you, quite clearly, hold tightly to yours.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this thread has gone off topic!!

I would like to see FM do a tour/show without any songs from Rumours! Doesn't have to be a whole show, but I'm curious about what songs would they do. They have some great songs that aren't on the Rumours album.

Fleetwood Mac isn't one thing, one lineup, its several, several things and several lineups, with each album and lineup bring their on flavor and style to the mix. The band started as an English Blues band, along the way morphing into several different styles and genre's. Even when Peter Green was still with em, they seemed (in my opinion) to moving into a more harder rock/blues genre.

Lastly, I like Kool-Aid. Not all flavors of Kool-Aid, but I like Kool-Aid, nonetheless.

(Especiallly strawberry, I hate cherry!)
Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well this thread has gone off topic!!

I would like to see FM do a tour/show without any songs from Rumours! Doesn't have to be a whole show, but I'm curious about what songs would they do. They have some great songs that aren't on the Rumours album.

Fleetwood Mac isn't one thing, one lineup, its several, several things and several lineups, with each album and lineup bring their on flavor and style to the mix. The band started as an English Blues band, along the way morphing into several different styles and genre's. Even when Peter Green was still with em, they seemed (in my opinion) to moving into a more harder rock/blues genre.

Lastly, I like Kool-Aid. Not all flavors of Kool-Aid, but I like Kool-Aid, nonetheless.

(Especiallly strawberry, I hate cherry!)

I think Rumours has become somewhat of an unofficial soundtrack to the years following its release. In a way it's haunted them as they tried to emulate its success without actually repeating the formula, and it's up to the individual to decide whether or they were successful in doing so.

And I agree! One of the most fascinating things about Fleetwood Mac as a franchise is it's mercurial nature. It can be accused of alot of things, but dull it is not.

Strawberry is boring. Everybody knows Pop tastes better when it's a wholly unnaturally, almost radioactive shade of blue lol
Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

As far as hating TIME, well...

My hate is more for it weakening
the Fleetwood Mac Brand.
It certainly did them no favors.
It weakened the corporate Mac machine, which was no bad thing. Band, not brand.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Peter, Lindsey or Stevie = no mac.
You know that neither Peter, Lindsey nor Stevie would honestly agree with that, right? Mick, for one, would tell you that's BS.

Quote:
I wish Christine wouldn't have participated
with this album. Then maybe, just maybe
they would have used a different band name.

Like....The Unknowns.
Oh please
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
It weakened the corporate Mac machine, which was no bad thing. Band, not brand.
You really don't think that album hurt the band
in the long run?

I bet Lindsey would agree with me.

I also think that if Mick was/is in better financial
shape that he wouldn't have used the Fleetwood
Mac name for those other bands.

This is Fleetwood Mac:

Peter
Mick
John
Christine
Lindsey
Stevie

The others are imposters.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You really don't think that album hurt the band
in the long run?

I bet Lindsey would agree with me.

I also think that if Mick was/is in better financial
shape that he wouldn't have used the Fleetwood
Mac name for those other bands.

This is Fleetwood Mac:

Peter
Mick
John
Christine
Lindsey
Stevie

The others are imposters.
Now that's just laughable. Jeremy Spencer is one of the founding members of the band and his live act is a big reason why Fleetwood Mac garnered success in the 60s Danny Kirwan was/is an exceptional guitarist who added depth to the band during Peter's tenure. Mick Fleetwood himself said that Bob Welch is Fleetwood Mac's most important member. If not for Bob, Fleetwood Mac may not have ever moved to America, much less survived the hostile takeover of the band's name. No Bob Welch in Fleetwood Mac equals no Lindsey or Stevie. End of story. Period. Billy and Rick were great additions to the band, but were confined and limited in their contributions. No artist can be successful when he/she is told they have to adhere to specific "rules". Bekka did a fantastic job in her time with the band, but she was put in a situation where success for the band was next to impossible. As far as Dave Walker, Bob Weston, Dave Mason and even Bob Brunning, they all dedicated themselves to the band and deserve credit for their work regardless of how long their tenure in the band was.

Fleetwood Mac is like a puzzle with 16 pieces. Regardless of however big or small each piece is, without all 16 pieces, you don't have the full puzzle.

Matt
Old 11-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Jeremy Spencer... Danny Kirwan... added depth to the band during Peter's tenure... Mick Fleetwood himself said that Bob Welch is Fleetwood Mac's most important member. Billy and Rick were great additions to the band, but were confined and limited in their contributions. No artist can be successful when he/she is told they have to adhere to specific "rules". Bekka did a fantastic job in her time with the band, but she was put in a situation where success for the band was next to impossible.

Fleetwood Mac is like a puzzle with 16 pieces. Regardless of however big or small each piece is, without all 16 pieces, you don't have the full puzzle.

Matt
Excellent reply but flawed. Those you mention such as Jeremy, Danny, Bob,
Billy, Rick and Bekka were pieces as you said, but they fit like a square
peg in a round hole. Most especially Billy, Rick and Bekka (which I do like
separate from Fleetwood Mac). If you look at the big picture they allowed the
band to become a joke, or a bland band. As soon as Peter left it started.

Bob gets high praise from Mick. Wonder why? Did you ever think that it might
be a jab at Lindsey. Stevie isn't the only one who throws down on him. Not that
Lindsey hasn't taken his jabs at Billy and Rick.

The names I listed are the stars of the band. The reasons the band was and is
popular. When you include all the others you might as well include the roadies
that help the Mac tour. Without them where would they be?

I can see arguing over which band was better, Peter's Fleetwood Mac or
Buckingham Nicks Fleetwood Mac. They were both so talented and different.
But the others not so much.

So for me there are two Macs (three if you count McDonalds).
I happen to like both. Hold the pickles...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Excellent reply but flawed. Those you mention such as Jeremy, Danny, Bob,
Billy, Rick and Bekka were pieces as you said, but they fit like a square
peg in a round hole. Most especially Billy, Rick and Bekka (which I do like
separate from Fleetwood Mac). If you look at the big picture they allowed the
band to become a joke, or a bland band. As soon as Peter left it started.

Bob gets high praise from Mick. Wonder why? Did you ever think that it might
be a jab at Lindsey. Stevie isn't the only one who throws down on him. Not that
Lindsey hasn't taken his jabs at Billy and Rick.

The names I listed are the stars of the band. The reasons the band was and is
popular. When you include all the others you might as well include the roadies
that help the Mac tour. Without them where would they be?

I can see arguing over which band was better, Peter's Fleetwood Mac or
Buckingham Nicks Fleetwood Mac. They were both so talented and different.
But the others not so much.

So for me there are two Macs (three if you count McDonalds).
I happen to like both. Hold the pickles...
Like!!!!!