The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who was the better elbow ornament?
Carol Ann Harris 9 36.00%
Don Henley 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Default Who was the better elbow ornament?

So, after their horrific breakup, both Lindsey and Stevie had fresh new elbow ornaments of their own in about a month. But I'm wondering: which was the better one?

Well, Carol Ann Harris certainly wins in the category of shear tenacity. Eight years is a long time to spend with a man who presumably punched her in the face every time he found a fly in his soup. Granted, she was a melodramatic little ditz, with less personal responsibility than a three-toed sloth, but she was willing to give all and take all in the name of love...or something like it. Oh yeah, and she appears on the sleeve art for Tusk - persevering her for immortality, I'd assume.

Don Henley, on the other hand, was a flaming asshole (like everyone else in The Eagles) who ditched Stevie after knocking her up, took off in his Learjet, and found some other chick in short order. But he had ****loads of money, and was a hell of a lot higher profile than Ms. Harris. His elbow ornamentation may have been a lot shorter than Carol's, but he wins on prestige factor alone. And he made even more ****loads of money after touring with Stevie, even though he's still a flaming asshole.

So, of the two, who made the better elbow ornament?

Last edited by SortaSavageLike; 03-24-2008 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: typoes
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say neither. I don't know much about Carol Harris (could care less, really) and I can not STAND Don Henley (though in his defense I have heard from numerous sources that he has mellowed considerably and has become a really decent even kind person since having his children). Regarding CH, why a woman would stay with a man who punched her even once is beyond me, famous musician or not. As for DH ditching Stevie after he 'knocked her up', his version is that he begged her to have the child (even supposedly saying he would raise it himself) but it was she who chose to terminate the pregnancy. So who knows. Both CH and DH seem like they are (or were) lacking alot. And neither is really that great looking which throws the whole Arm Candy thing out the window in my book.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say that CAH has a slight edge over DH. After all, she was a model. And she seemed to be able/willing to take Lindsey's crap longer after Stevie couldn't put up with him. She didn't have the fame or the wealth of DH, but then again, when you are dealing with someone like Lindsey, there is already enough ego to go around for a small African nation.

Although DH was arguably one of the highest of rock royalty at the time, incredibly wealthy and very talented, the bottom line is that the man had no lips. None. Nil. Zippo. Nada. Zero. I just cannot handle people with no lips.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Don Henley, on the other hand, was a flaming asshole (like everyone else in The Eagles) who ditched Stevie after knocking her up, took off in his Learjet, and found some other chick in short order. But he had ****loads of money, and was a hell of a lot higher profile than Ms. Harris. His elbow ornamentation may have been a lot shorter than Carol's, but he wins on prestige factor alone. And he made even more ****loads of money after touring with Stevie, even though he's still a flaming asshole.
Stevie allegedly walked in on Henley with Cher's sister. I don't know where that little tidbit fit into the timeline.
In the arm candy department Stevie has Lindsey beat until recently. But then again, we don't know who Stevie's been hanging out with lately.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
And neither is really that great looking which throws the whole Arm Candy thing out the window in my book.
Don was a handsome guy back in the day.
Photobucket

I don't think Carol was exactly homely either.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-24-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's interesting how they both went for look-a-likes of each other right outta the gate. But LB's always had a thing for blondes anyway.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

I gotta go with carol ann just because I've never seen pictures of stevie and don henley together when they were a couple.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

im going with carol ann because A) she was a babe B) im a dude, shes a chick thus more appealing to me on a personal level and C) is the inspiration for Go Insane. that might be enough on face value.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Don was a handsome guy back in the day.
Photobucket

I don't think Carol was exactly homely either.
Dang! Okay, it'll give it to him based on this photo!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd have to say Carol Harris....because she seemed more of a teamplayer and partner than a competitor

-Stood with LB (epilepsy onset)
-Didn't compete but paid deference to his genius & recognized it
-Helped him musically (she was kinda in the tech part of the business)
-Helped him with his wardrobe (no more Chinese Kimonos with jeans)
-Was or truly wanted to be a soulmate ~ caretaker but the drugs got in the way.
-Wrote a wonderful biography years later to help his career (being facetious here...) and I think she wanted some revenge because the relationship failed.

As for Henley ---
I do not have a good opinion of him.
-- competitor & never appeared to have Stevie's best interests at heart
-- seemed like a one-sided relationship - Stevie mentioned him a lot and gave him press, but to my knowledge he didn't reciprocate
-- I think Stevie got a taste of arrogance (from LB) but when she went on to DH, she found a person MORE ARROGANT and SELFISH
-- I don't think he ever saw Stevie as an equal....but someone to use....and I think Stevie was abused or neglected by him, either emotionally or spirtually and I don't have any evidence of this ~~~ just speculation ~~~
Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I would say that CAH has a slight edge over DH.

...when you are dealing with someone like Lindsey, there is already enough ego to go around for a small African nation...

CAH gets my vote. Maybe if Henley writes a tell-all book, I'll vote for him.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.