The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What happened with Dave Stewart?

Did he and Stevie have a falling out? If so, what was it over?

I vaguely recall reading something where she was displeased with him, but can’t remember the details. Was it his writing about their one night stand in his autobiography a few years back? We know Stevie doesn’t like kiss-and-tells.

Or was there something more? And whatever the case, is she mad enough not to work with him again? It seems he’s been the only one to be able to motivate her for the past 20 years.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She seems to have falling outs with many of her producers at some point..she seems like a difficult to get along with and hopelessly spoiled Prima Donna.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

she gets bored with people and moves on to new ones. Like hotel rooms.

ANyone remember when she was all in love with Sheryl? And before that Courtney and Smashing Pumpkins guy?? And before that Sandy Stewart?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Annie Lennox doesn't seem to have much to do with Dave either.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His production on 24KG was dreadful. There’s so much distortion on that album it sounds like it’s taken from a damaged cassette!

Jimmy Iovine, Rupert Hine, Dave Stewart...anybody else notice the pattern?
Old 03-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember she had this guitar player named Waddy, and this backup singer named Sharona or Sharon or something like that? Yeah, the only constant in her life is the gin-like sea.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
Remember she had this guitar player named Waddy, and this backup singer named Sharona or Sharon or something like that? Yeah, the only constant in her life is the gin-like sea.
Waddy & Sharon are both still working with Stevie
Old 03-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Waddy & Sharon are both still working with Stevie
I think they were just being sarcastic as a response to the whole "Stevie just gets tired of people and abandons them" comment.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
people on her payroll. and I don't think anyone suggested she has NO long term relationships.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to wonder if it’s the other way around... do people in her life get tired of her and simply walk away?

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I vaguely recall reading something where she was displeased with him, but can’t remember the details. Was it his writing about their one night stand in his autobiography a few years back? We know Stevie doesn’t like kiss-and-tells.
Wasn’t over the book. I actually distinctly remember Dave’s story about her excerpt in his book because I thought it was so funny. I think he told the story on Howard Stern IIRC. He knew that she is not a fan of kiss & tell type books. So once he wrote the part about their night together, he called her and asked her permission before sending it to the publisher. She said she wanted to read it first. So he sent her those pages. She read them and immediately called back and corrected him, saying they actually had sex twice that night, not just once like he wrote in the book. Then she said “It’s all fine, you can publish it. In fact, I don’t care if you add more details. Just send them to me again before publishing.” So he took her up on that, re-wrote it with far more detail, and sent it to her again. She changed her mind when she read the second version, apparently it just went too far. So he published the original.

He definitely had her blessing every step of the way. She wouldn’t have gotten mad over it. It was 100% Stevie-approved.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, why do you guys seem to think she & Dave are on bad terms? Is there any actual talk about this being the case or did you guys just come to this assumption because we haven’t seen them together for a while?

I just assumed that she doesn’t necessarily have any reason to be hanging with him lately because she’s not doing any solo recording. In the time since 24k was recorded, she spent pretty much all her time touring to promote that record and now touring with FM. Dave serves no purpose in either of those situations. I assume as soon as she gets back to the studio to do another solo record, Dave will be right there next to her. There simply isn’t any use for him now.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Also, why do you guys seem to think she & Dave are on bad terms? Is there any actual talk about this being the case or did you guys just come to this assumption because we haven’t seen them together for a while?

I just assumed that she doesn’t necessarily have any reason to be hanging with him lately because she’s not doing any solo recording. In the time since 24k was recorded, she spent pretty much all her time touring to promote that record and now touring with FM. Dave serves no purpose in either of those situations. I assume as soon as she gets back to the studio to do another solo record, Dave will be right there next to her. There simply isn’t any use for him now.
Didn't FM77 (who has seemed to have insider information more than once), post something at some point about Dave was not going to be involved in future work? That may be what people are referencing. However, your theory makes complete sense as well.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she hoped he was going to deliver a huge hit album for her, and when it sold what it did she was disappointed and blamed him.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Didn't FM77 (who has seemed to have insider information more than once), post something at some point about Dave was not going to be involved in future work? That may be what people are referencing.
FM77 also said Iovine would be presenting Stevie at the Rock hall ceremony and we just learned it'll be Harry Styles.