The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not even a McVie penned Buckingham/McVie tine? Red sun would fit in nicely. Now we know some tambourine witch layed down the law.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG!!! I just heard Lindsey commentating on the Rumours album and the couples breaking up.

Maybe there is someone who heard how unhappy people were to have Lindsey erased from this station?

Which also proves he did his commentating recording before he knew he was being fired. At least I think so.

NO ONE attack me asking for proof please. I’m just saying my own things here.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Which also proves he did his commentating recording before he knew he was being fired. At least I think so.
They were supposed to launch it months ago, so I think they had almost everything done way beforehand. Obviously, they needed to do a few new ones since.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG!!! I just heard Lindsey commentating on the Rumours album and the couples breaking up.

Maybe there is someone who heard how unhappy people were to have Lindsey erased from this station?

Some other fans also heard it this morning, so no one is gonna ask for proof here.

This also proves Lindsey had no idea he was gonna get fired. Still a sad situation.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Please don't play my songs which generates a royalty. Can you imagine?
What if he withheld permission for the use of his solo material? I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't be played.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’m just dying to hear Lindsey’s side of this. I think it’s a little petty of his family members to be liking other people’s (often nasty) posts or posting cryptic comments on social media when any of them could come out and set the record straight. I want Lindsey to explain what happened since the band members aren’t saying anything and for all we know the press could have it wrong.
He will say he doesn't remember.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know! i was in my car and almost drove off the road.

maybe all our pushing is working? or more probable, they are just finally done scrubbing LB's parts of all the references to the upcoming tour.

I think the belief that you are going to be able to effect change in this situation is going to leave you terribly disappointed.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Not even a McVie penned Buckingham/McVie tine? Red sun would fit in nicely. Now we know some tambourine witch layed down the law.
Yes she's so powerful that she rules the airwaves. Taken by the sky indeed. And yet she still couldn't get Say You Will played.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is after everything is over, we’ll get the truth, and I bet Christine will be the one to give the most unbiased account of what went down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

The channel was supposed to be launched months ago. I'm sure their voice overs were recorded in 2017 before any of this even happened.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
What if he withheld permission for the use of his solo material? I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't be played.
Ummmmmmm c'mon.. even you know that didn't happen. It's more based on what Sirius wants to pay out in royalties.

The argument you might have is: FMac has given Sirius certain permissions with their songs vs. Lindsey's songs. i.e. Full price for my songs, baby!!
Old 05-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My guess is after everything is over, we’ll get the truth, and I bet Christine will be the one to give the most unbiased account of what went down.
She already played dumb and said she left for England. Which is probably a good 1/2 truth.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surprised to hear just now a clip of Mick talking about Behind the Mask and actually saying “it took two guys to replace Lindsey”...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Really? After all that’s gone down you can’t imagine Mick or Stevie saying no solo material from anyone not an active member in the band - ahem Lindsey (despite him being in the band for 33 of the last 43 years up until two months ago).

Give me a break.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I don’t see why they would care about this though. Didn’t The Pretenders do this in between opening for Stevie? It’s not like they’re doing shows every night or even every other night. It looks like there’s generally space for Lindsey to have done solo gigs at other venues in between FM shows.

I’m just dying to hear Lindsey’s side of this. I think it’s a little petty of his family members to be liking other people’s (often nasty) posts or posting cryptic comments on social media when any of them could come out and set the record straight. I want Lindsey to explain what happened since the band members aren’t saying anything and for all we know the press could have it wrong.
I don't think that's fair. This is probably hard on a family, I can imagine it comes with a lot of emotional stress. His daughter even said that it made her cry. They have all the right to express their feelings while also respecting that it's Lindsey's place to tell his side of the story or say that he felt played by his own band.