User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Does anybody think that, in part, all the continued "drama" talk from the members of Fleetwood Mac is simply to add to a larger narrative? It's great for business to constantly be discussing the relationships and "craziness" that is the band as it is what grabs headlines. I do not for one second think that Stevie and Lindsey are anywhere near being best friends, however I do think that both are very good at heighthening their neutrality towards each other in order to keep the Fleetwood Mac saga going within the public; the ongoing troubles of Fleetwood Mac is what keeps many interested in the band.
Why the hell would Stevie want to look the problem? She's coming off really bad here. Many fans are pissed at her. I doubt she would willingly be the fall guy for fake drama. She's just acting like a diva for real. UGH.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had another thought about the whole thing. Could it be Stevie is pissed that none of the band has even mentioned her new album to her? I wonder if they would have simply said how great it is she would be more into a new album. I mean when Silver Springs was left off Rumors she didn't talk to them for months. Just a thought.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I had another thought about the whole thing. Could it be Stevie is pissed that none of the band has even mentioned her new album to her? I wonder if they would have simply said how great it is she would be more into a new album. I mean when Silver Springs was left off Rumors she didn't talk to them for months. Just a thought.
She's been avoiding the album subject long before her album came out.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't both Mick and Christine attend Stevie's Polaroid show in New York? It's unlikely that her album went acknowledged. I don't think she ever expects too much praise from the Fleetwood Mac camp. There was little support from them when she went off and made Bella Donna. Around the same time, Lindsey released his solo debut Law and Order. In an press interview, he commented that he thought his album was better than hers.

By now, Stevie is used to having Fleetwood Mac (mostly Lindsey) being indifferent to her solo work. She just wants respect.
Obviously she takes herself too seriously. With two dueling divas in the band, there is bound to be tension.

I can see why Lindsey's work on Soldier's Angel was so appealing to him, because it channeled the dark, raw angst that exists in many of his songs. It was the first time he gave some indirect praise to Stevie. They had reignited their chemistry, and he expressed motivation to work with her if she wrote more songs at that level and style.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-29-2015 at 02:15 AM..
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I must say I really loved the way she sang Blue Water in this video.I'm not hearing the nails on the chalkboard.....
It's raw, but has a charm to it. But I wish she would drop the novelty of playing the piano, and focus on the vocals. These performances would benefit immensely if accompanied by professional piano player.

Why on earth does she not change her clothes occasionally? Is it that difficult to wear something different - something not black? Have we not had enough of the ever preeminent black bare shoulder dress? The uniform she deems suitable for every and all occasions! She's a genuine original.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I thought hte Blue Water video was beautiful.
Same here...she never claimed to be much of a piano player. I give her props for allowing Rolling Stone to film these as I am sure she was very nervous. And as far as the nasty comments here...they make me chuckle. She can out sing ANYONE in Fleetwood Mac. I don't care who they are...including Christine.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Same here...she never claimed to be much of a piano player. I give her props for allowing Rolling Stone to film these as I am sure she was very nervous. And as far as the nasty comments here...they make me chuckle. She can out sing ANYONE in Fleetwood Mac. I don't care who they are...including Christine.
I agree with you, this was a beautiful performance and she sounds really good.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Didn't both Mick and Christine attend Stevie's Polaroid show in New York? It's unlikely that her album went acknowledged. I don't think she ever expects too much praise from the Fleetwood Mac camp. There was little support from them when she went off and made Bella Donna. Around the same time, Lindsey released his solo debut Law and Order. In an press interview, he commented that he thought his album was better than hers.
"I love Lindsey. I love him very, very much and I wanted Lindsey to make it and I wanted this album to be as successful as… If this album is more successful than my album, I would be so glad. You know, when "Trouble" (the single from Buckingham’s LP) came out, I was saying, let it go straight to the top. Because it only makes my life easier when Lindsey is happy. ‘Cause when Lindsey is happy, he’s really in a good humor and he’s wonderful and he and I really get along and we’re close. For me, when you love somebody, you want them to be the best."
- Stevie Nicks, 1982

"Lindsey heard Trouble in Shangri-la, and he said, ‘I think it’s the best thing you’ve ever done,’” says Nicks. “That’s about the nicest thing he’s ever said to me. You know, he’s never really acknowledged my solo career. I think maybe he respects me a little more now - maybe he’s finally proud of me."
- Stevie Nicks, 2001

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had another thought about the whole thing. Could it be Stevie is pissed that none of the band has even mentioned her new album to her? I wonder if they would have simply said how great it is she would be more into a new album.
The last we heard, she had not listened to Christine and Lindsey's songs for the new FM album. If she had shown any interest in what they were doing at all, maybe they'd show her the same courtesy.

Michele
Old 01-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I call BS on all this. if she said the sky were blue a lot of you here would say it was another color just to bitch about her.
Stop stealing Stevie's schtick. She said that if Lindsey said the sky was one color she would be absolutely sure it was another. She doesn't agree with anyone any more than they agree with her.

The persecution complex runs both ways.

Michele
Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stop stealing Stevie's schtick. She said that if Lindsey said the sky was one color she would be absolutely sure it was another. She doesn't agree with anyone any more than they agree with her.

Michele
Thank you!!! {sits back and eats popcorn}
Old 01-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If she's not involved then there are still so many positives. It will give us all the chance to experience a new dynamic. Most of us love Christine/Lindsey collaborations. A whole albums-worth (or even double albums-worth) would be monumental. I'm betting the stuff they've done sounds great.

Hell, they might not sell that many copies but I'm sure it'd be a terrific album- they could even go chasing a Grammy! Everyone would be lauding their critical success.

In the meantime Stevie records another bargain-bin album, falls out with Dave, sees the error of her ways and comes crawling back.

Pleeeeease Christine my lifelong bestest girlfriend. Pleeeeeeease Lindsey Mr musical genius.

They eventually relent, record a final album as a 5 piece, huge tour....etc
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
To be fair, John's comment was about certain Ledgies, not the other members of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
To be fair, John's comment was about certain Ledgies, not the other members of Fleetwood Mac.
Other posters think members of the band besides Stevie are victimized.

Michele
Old 01-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
My ex roommate was like that -disagreeable on every issue even if she agreed with it deep down inside.Her birthday is 1 day after Stevie's,btw(no insult intended to any Geminis out there)