Old 07-14-2019, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
"When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly " Bruce Hornsby " The End of the Innocence"
I didn't even know he released a version of this. I've only heard Don Henley's recording. It's credited as a co-write, but I was like 11 when it came out, so maybe it's more complicated? The live version from Hornsby is a nice take.

I'd at least like to see the five of them make peace while it's possible. Idk if that will happen, and I think a reunion is extremely unlikely.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 07-14-2019 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Staying on topic, too. :p
Old 07-14-2019, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t know what Lindsey meant about Chris’ state and, to be perfectly honest, I do not think it is a comment that should have been shared outside of private correspondence. I think Lindsey was being, um, a tiny bit treacherous.
Well, now that someone else mention it, I think Lindsey shouldn’t have shared his conversation with Christine and I’m not sure she liked it. He probably realized how wrong it was after it was done and it was already late. It’s like he was trying to prove to Stevie that not everybody agrees with her. It was a stupid move that only angered Christine and made her choose Stevie’s side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know what Lindsey meant about Chris’ state and, to be perfectly honest, I do not think it is a comment that should have been shared outside of private correspondence. I think Lindsey was being, um, a tiny bit treacherous.

But let me ask you, if someone was slipping mentally wouldn't you start seeing them make mistakes on stage? Wouldn’t her playing get sloppy, her singing? I was just wondering.

The mind is so complex. When my father had his stroke the therapist told me to sing a song he liked. She said sometimes people can sing, Even if they can’t talk or write. And I watched that Glen Campbell documentary as he toured while struggling with dementia.
Well, I think it was innocent enough. Nothing wrong with the truth, right?

Playing? I saw two shows(BV), and she wasn't playing much(maybe just holding chords[if that]? She most DEFINITELY wasn't playing Hold Me, or the like - her hands weren't moving like that, to do so).

I've heard that she is...."frail"(from other sources). I believe it now.

god love her. Well, if she'd stood up for Lindsey. So much for that.....

Next tour, $tevie will have a hologram of Christine doing karaoke to her songs. While $tevie claims credit!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wonder about that good old "when one of us dies, the other will be sitting on a bed alone".....

Does she realize that after knowing him, loving him and hating him off and on for over 50 years, if he goes before she does, she's pretty much going to have to shut up, at least publicly, about how 'sad' and 'devastated' she is by the news, you know, "I loved him before he was famous; I loved him for all the right reasons" blah blah blah...?

I'd say the rest of them have lost the right to say anything also, but knowing this backstabbing bunch of c***s they wouldn't be likely to say anything publicly anyway. "Lindsey who?"
Old 07-15-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:

But let me ask you, if someone was slipping mentally wouldn't you start seeing them make mistakes on stage? Wouldn’t her playing get sloppy, her singing? I was just wondering.

The mind is so complex. When my father had his stroke the therapist told me to sing a song he liked. She said sometimes people can sing, Even if they can’t talk or write. And I watched that Glen Campbell documentary as he toured while struggling with dementia.
Didn't he say she was "frail"?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will not let Buckingham Nicks, the album go unresolved. Sure, this Fleetwood tour will end. She'll do her solo thing for 2 years. But after that, Fleetwood Mac will be way too old to tour. I'm sure there will be some big reconciliation, between her and Lindsey. There will be a ton of press, a big spectacle. They'll re-release the album and tour.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie will not let Buckingham Nicks, the album go unresolved. Sure, this Fleetwood tour will end. She'll do her solo thing for 2 years. But after that, Fleetwood Mac will be way too old to tour. I'm sure there will be some big reconciliation, between her and Lindsey. There will be a ton of press, a big spectacle. They'll re-release the album and tour.
Waiter, I'll have what she's having!!!

$tevie and Lindsey touring behind BN!!!! That's RICH!!!!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When she was promoting Buckvie in 2017,There were a couple of interviews where she was slurring.

Also on the most recent FM promo interview from London, her interview seemed sort of wobbly.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Care to make it interesting?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Re: the comments alluding to Christine's diminished capacity above. It's clear she's physically frail. I doubt anything like dementia is there since she is coherent in interviews. The slurring--I think that might have to do with her teeth, possibly falsies? I've heard others with dental problems slur like that.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Care to make it interesting?
Yeah, that whole part about her getting him fired, because SHE NEVER WANTS TO BE ON THE SAME STAGE AS HIM. Yeah, that'll pass.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Didn't he say she was "frail"?
Yes he did.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Yes he did.
Don't get me wrong. I love Lindsey and his last tour was amazing. I attended two shows. (LA and Wash DC)

However, he did throw Christine under the bus when she left the band. And he did it all along the tour via local press.

I think his intentions were more from love and a bit of anger. Christine sort of abandon him to money hungry egos. The other three did not care about the art vs commerce issue. Nor did they care about taking risks musically. They did not have an interest in keeping the band adventurous. I think SYW would have been 10 times better had Christine been with them.

I think she tried to stay neutral and that really blew up in her face. And I'm sure it's never fun to get sued. Even if it a legitimate consequence of actions.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:31 PM

And we now know he was riding in her limo after The Dance, trying to convince her to stay.

Also, we saw the aftermath of this in Destiny Rules. I am still 100% on Buck's side in this documentary. He had a vision and nobody really did. And he got back-stabbed on the decision making. And wow, he put in all the work to make it happen.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's what I don't get about SYW. Stevie is always saying how she writes so much and there's not enough albums to release it all. So wouldn't a double album appeal to her?