Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac 50th anniversary

Seeing that mick already said there would be a tour next year I was wondering if they would do something special as far as the set list? knowing how this band likes to play it safe i'm guessing that the only change you will see is Lindsey doing ''oh well''.
But as non tour events go I was curious what you guys would like to see. maybe a massive box set of albums? one off concert with special guests paying tribute?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:19 PM

Let's hope the "new" album.. which will be 3 years older will be released, as advertised.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
Seeing that mick already said there would be a tour next year I was wondering if they would do something special as far as the set list?
As always, I wish they would do a broader set list with some pre-1975 songs, some brand new songs, some deep cuts from Mirage, Tango & Tusk.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

As someone who enjoys the occasional box set, I'd like to see them put out the pre-BN albums together. I'd buy it to fill in gaps and it would be nice to see them given the same treatment everything post '75/pre '88 gets. I think a tour setlist would just throw in Oh Well even though it'd be great to see S&L leave the stage and let Christine, Mick, and John jam around a bit. In my wildest dreams they throw in Why or Heroes are Hard to Find...maybe Storms since i missed that tour.

With the deluxe edition of Rumours already out there it's unnecessary to do it all again...but I think we all know the kitchen sink 40th anniversary edition is coming. Maybe this one will have a set of post cards or selections of passive agressive studio banter! Oh, even better, a set of your very own Mick Fleetwood album cover balls!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This makes me feel old reading this thread even I'm almost half dozen years older them FM.LOL.....

They got to play at least 3 hour setlist for the 2017 tour.They better start at 7:30pm and screw the 8:20pm crap.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Registered

no what would be cool , one show every member ever in the band .
Old 04-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Let's hope the "new" album.. which will be 3 years older will be released, as advertised.
This is the only thing that matters right now. All other considerations--another tour, another damn edition of Rumours--cannot conceal the real concern: where is the new music? If they don't issue a new record before the next tour, I'll be ignoring it.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This is the only thing that matters right now. All other considerations--another tour, another damn edition of Rumours--cannot conceal the real concern: where is the new music? If they don't issue a new record before the next tour, I'll be ignoring it.
I'm starting to get annoyed.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2017: 50 Year Fleetwood Mac Anniversary

This is how it goes;

At the turn of the year:
A new special edition of Tango In The Night is released to mark 30 years since that albums initial release (Mirage will be released at the end of 2016 just like Tusk was released ahead of Christmas 2015).

Early Spring:
The new album is released.
A tour starts. The tour features many of the big hits as well as a few pre-1975 numbers and several new songs.

Summer:
Fleetwood Mac are the saturday night headline act at Glastonbury Festival. This is a nod towards the bands very first performance at the Windsor Jazz and Blues Festival in the summer of 1967. Their much acclaimed performance (most people agree it is up there with The Rolling Stones' 2013 performance) is specially recorded for commercial release later in the year.

Autumn:
A new multi-media mega-box-set is released featuring (amongst other things) various rareties spanning the past 50 years. Also included are 10 brand new unreleased songs that did not feature on the new album which spent many weeks at number one around the world. There are also a series of in-depth interviews as well as a 'Destiny Rules-type' fly on tha wall documentary charting the composition and recording of songs for their most recent album.

December:
In mid-December Fleetwood Mac play a special one-off concert to celebrate the full 50 years of the band. This includes a range of special guests including a blues set featuring Mick, John and Christine, who are joined on stage by Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Rick Vito. Sadly Danny Kirwan is unable to attend. However, the highlight of the show is a specially taped message from Danny who also plays several bars of Jigsaw Puzzle Blues. There's not a dry eye in the house.

At the end of the show Mick pronounces 'The Mac is Back' and immediately reveals they will be going back into the studio at the end of the current world tour in the spring to record another (and presumably final) album.

...or not
Old 04-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God I hope you're right.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

maybe warner brothers will send out a blank press release. I'm sure we all have our own idea of what we WANT released but let's be real we all know that the powers that be at the record company simply don't care about this band or their legacy. and i'm sure that will be the same for stevie's solo career. over the past few years I've seen bands like the who and rush dig deep into their archive and put stuff out. why can't Fleetwood mac get that same respect?

Sadly these days dvd's don't really sell but why not take footage like the 1980 tusk documentary and the mirage tour video and remaster it and make it available online for people to purchase and download?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks are pretty much the most ritualistic people in rock n roll. I would not expect major changes to set lists. They will include a bulk of their hits with each member adding a new song or two from the last tour. That is how they have done every tour since 1975 including the Unleashed years without Christine. Fleetwood Mac does not change!

With a 50th anniversary it would be great to dig back the 50 years. But Lindsey did not like performing older Mac songs in 1975 and I doubt he would like it even more in 2017.
Sadly, I don't expect ever to hear Mac songs prior to 1975 live.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-18-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Old 04-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree we were lucky to get sotm,beautiful child,without you, and storms the past few tours.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Opening act: Rick Vito & the Lucky Devils (playing an all Peter Green-era set)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmm...

I do wonder what the Mighty Mac has in store for the 50th anniversary coming up next year.