The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still no new info on Amazon. The double version has gone up to $40.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rumour Copies

I have in LP format:
USA Release w/ Gemco sticker and rare sticker stating National Academy of Recording Arts. Oh, and it's sealed.
USA copy (Columbia House Edition) signed by Mick.
SuperDiscs by Nautilus remaster.
Canada
Germany
England
Netherlands White Vinyl w/ sticker on cover stating colored vinyl
Netherlands White Vinyl, no sticker and diff cat #
Japan

Tape:
USA
Mexico
Saudi Arabia
Rumours + FM/FM

CD:
USA
UK
Remaster
DVD-audio

1 8 track

and you know my tard ass can NOT WAIT for the re-release though it ticks me off like crazy to keep buying the same material. I LOVE records!!! OMG, someone please get me a help phone #.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tone Audio, April 13, 2011, Jeff Dorgay
http://www.tonepublications.com/music/rumours/

Rumours
RumoursWB 2 - 45rpm LP's

After years of delay, Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 blockbuster Rumours finally made its way to the pressing plant—the Pallas plant in Germany, to be exact. True to its past performances, Pallas has done an exquisite job on these four vinyl surfaces. Though the cover printing has picked up a bit of contrast from the original, it’s printed on heavy stock, and there’s evidence of spot varnish having been applied. Very nice touch. Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray are rumored (pun intended) to have performed the remastering duties, yet there are no mastering credits on the jacket and the copyright date is listed as 2009. Fittingly, then, the record retains some of its original relationship-related controversy.

Those who have been waiting for this reissue since 2006, the year a few test pressings slipped onto the market, will be rewarded the second they drop the tonearm on the opening track. It sounds scrumptious. Thanks to the almost CD-quiet backgrounds, you hear much more of Mick Fleetwood’s percussion. On “Dreams,” Lindsey Buckingham’s backing vocals have considerably more space than they do on early pressings. A smidge of tape hiss creeps into “Songbird” at the end of the second side, but that’s not a bad thing. It actually reinforces the material’s analog greatness. Moreover, Christine McVie’s voice never sounded better and, thanks to the extra grooves made possible by the 45RPM extension, possesses more delicacy than the original pressings. “Songbird” is the best example of low-level detail; the following track, and beginning of the third side, “The Chain,” offers up the best example of dynamic punch. “I Don’t Want To Know” comes a close second.

The best news? Warner Bros.’ pressing is flawless from beginning to end. This is definitely the super-sized version of Rumours: It goes beyond big sound. You can just feel this record breathe, in and out, while listening to tracks that you thought you knew like the back of your hand. Wait until you experience the new information that’s available. And the soundstage is massive. If the music doesn’t float well past your speakers’ boundaries, it’s time to go shopping for a new stereo.

So, take a trip back to 1977 when Stevie Nicks had small breasts and Buckingham sported big hair. If you’ve got a rare, early first-stamper pressing, you may not need to add this one to your collection unless you are really obsessive compulsive. But if you love Rumours (and almost everyone does) and you don’t have a flawless copy, this edition is worth every penny. A 180g 33-1/3RPM version is also available for around $25. But fairly priced at $45 for four sides, the deluxe audiophile edition is the way to go.

–Jeff Dorgay
Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am considering picking this up at my local record store, if they have it Saturday.

At some point, I should probably get a turntable to play my records on.

I wish Bella Donna had been given this same treatment.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 04-14-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Old 04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I'm eager to find the release info for the CD remaster and the CD/DVD version to read how "amazing this listen is" lol I think there is something to be said about how it's treated for a vinyl re-release but still it's funny. Each review trumps it as being "the best listen, you'll hear things you never did before" etc. Still, damnit, I'm a gonna buy it!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question I'm confused

So is this Rumours made into a double album? What point does that serve??
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like to see all the latest FM/Stevie Nicks albums go to vinyl copies.The Rumour Lp.I probably have enough to wall paper a room.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
So is this Rumours made into a double album? What point does that serve??
It should mean a drastic increase in sound quality since the tracks are spread over twice as many grooves on the records. And it's remastered!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I'm too interested in the deluxe edition. Perhaps I'll get the standard edition so that I can say I have the "Rumours" LP.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default first..

Happy Record Store Day. http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home

as a lover of vinyl, I have a stellar copy of Rumours with insert and all.. but I still will pick this new version up. I wish they would give "Fleetwood Mac" - my favorite Mac album - the vinyl treatment.

time to shower.. and venture out to the 4 "record stores" in my area of the city who are participating in "Record Day." still looking for a nice clean copy of the Stone's "Beggar's Banquet" ...my missing vinyl Stones link.. wish me luck!

good day, all! "In Your Dreams" is right around the corner.. :-)

Last edited by Keith; 04-16-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 04-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazon is now showing these for a 5/24/2011 release. SHOCKING. I was unable to get out for record store day today, but there is a record convention tomorrow. Had really hoped to see this somewhere. Guess we wait now til May. Anyone acquire one? Is this an Amazon boo-boo, or the usual push back date going on????

Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah that's strange. The standard edition came out yesterday, but I suppose the deluxe has been delayed.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The deluxe is the 45 rpm, 2 disc version right?

I got that at record store day yesterday.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its a 45 rpm? I thought it was essentially the Rumours album spread out onto 2 33 1/3 records a la Tusk?

Perhaps Amazon had a glitch or delay in recieving the deluxe editions?
Old 04-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anybody in NYC have a kickbutt vinyl turntable?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.