User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yes. Of all the crappy behavior this year, John's was the least crappiest in order of crapitude.

"Sorry mate but I'm not allowed to talk to you" or whatever was the reply he sent.
Exactly....John was the best of the worst....he ignored the gag orders and had the decency to at least acknowledge Lindsey
Old 12-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Exactly....John was the best of the worst....he ignored the gag orders and had the decency to at least acknowledge Lindsey
Though how odd that Lindsey did not tell the reporter about John's e mail. Said he only heard from Christine of all the band members.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Though how odd that Lindsey did not tell the reporter about John's e mail. Said he only heard from Christine of all the band members.
Well I forget where the John email was originally mentioned (a previous interview?), but come on--it was barely worth mentioning this time around, considering how perfunctory it was. Plus I'm inclined to assume that the main reason John sent it was because he and his family apparently live directly opposite the Buckinghams or something. So for the most part it may have been necessitated by practicalities related to that.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
CbBen -- Mick threatening to dissolve Fleetwood Mac? There would have been a pregnant pause followed by Stevie laughing hysterically for five minutes.

Mick would corral John to keep touring if all they could find as replacement members were a taxidermied squirrel and an antique hat stand.

That's very funny but oh, so true.

This one already has Stevie's top hat

and this is the spitting image of Mike Campbell

Mick Fleetwood: Fleetwood Mac is a band that continually seeks to evolve and move forward. This is a new line up. We'll likely record something in the near future as a calling card.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Not odd at all...he mentioned it in the Rolling Stone interview that discussed the lawsuit.....as he had already stated John was the only one who had any contact in the beginning of the year there was no need to mention it again
Old 12-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I saw him in DC the week after the lawsuit was filed, and I saw him last week in York. Granted, these were not M&G experiences, but he looked and acted so much happier on stage last week than he did in October. Could have just been the day, the set (DC had some technical glitches), or any number of things. But I wonder if it wasn’t the settlement and putting all this behind him. But I secretly hope it was the email from Chris that really lifted his spirits. Still holding out hope for BuckVie 2!!
I was at that DC show!! He was in a great mood.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

This one already has Stevie's top hat

and this is the spitting image of Mike Campbell

Mick Fleetwood: Fleetwood Mac is a band that continually seeks to evolve and move forward. This is a new line up. We'll likely record something in the near future as a calling card.
Perfect!

Even the curtain behind the hatstand makes it look like it's on stage.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
If Christine had quit, the band could have sued her.

The one who could have stopped it was Mick. He could have told Stevie, "We're not firing anyone. Sleep on it for a month and then decide whether you want to stay or go, but we'll dissolve the band or (if you quit) carry on without you before we fire anyone."

Stevie would have calmed down, stayed, and the show would have gone on.
No way would Mick have dissolved the band. I suspect he'll do his best to keep things going in one form or another until the day he dies.