User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure that does us much good in the US if we have NTSC-compatible DVD players & TVs, since I don't think those will be able to play a PAL disc, even if it's Region 0. Anyone know whether that is correct?
Hello,

I just received my copy, and it won't play on my machine. A message appears on the screen that says "Check Region". I live in Canada (same format as the U.S.). I have tried a local business that makes copies of stuff for me all the time, and the technician tells me he can't do the duplication for me, so I guess it requires specialized equipment. Needless to say, I am majorly disappointed.

Cheers, Don
Old 07-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Don, I would think that the DVD would play OK on your computer - give it a try on that. But watching a DVD on a small computer screen is not ideal. I've seen a few DVD players listed on Amazon that are shown as "all region" and "NTSC / PAL" compatible, such as this Philips model: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=2L7K2YGF5TY3Z
I've got a couple of other PAL format DVDs, so I'm definitely considering buying a DVD player like this one.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Don, I would think that the DVD would play OK on your computer - give it a try on that. But watching a DVD on a small computer screen is not ideal. I've seen a few DVD players listed on Amazon that are shown as "all region" and "NTSC / PAL" compatible, such as this Philips model: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=2L7K2YGF5TY3Z
I've got a couple of other PAL format DVDs, so I'm definitely considering buying a DVD player like this one.
Thanks so much for that sound recommendation. I found a DVD player for around $75.00 (with a 3 year warranty) that plays both formats. We can use it for our 2nd TV set anyway, so a good investment all 'round. My wife and I just watched the Documentary, and it's the best thing on Peter we have ever seen. To anyone who hasn't seen it... make a point of doing so!

Cheers, Don
Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Brown View Post
Thanks so much for that sound recommendation. I found a DVD player for around $75.00 (with a 3 year warranty) that plays both formats. We can use it for our 2nd TV set anyway, so a good investment all 'round. My wife and I just watched the Documentary, and it's the best thing on Peter we have ever seen. To anyone who hasn't seen it... make a point of doing so!

Cheers, Don
Hi Don, Sharksfan, and all the others, hope you'll be able to find the right DVD player to play all formats.
I recently received my copy and of course immediately watched it. Sadly it doesn't give any more information than there is already available. I really would have enjoyed an interview with Danny as to how he remembers Peter and what role Peter has played in his life from his perception, whatever state he is in...... It was nice, though, to see Mick and Jeremy together on one couch.
What amazed me, however, is the perfect quality of the material that has already been available throught the "Early Years" video. Does anybody know if there is a complete DVD available with this quality?

Cheers,
Wouter
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default region 2

I bought the first one available and and ended up playing it on my G5 apple. Lucky for me The DVD drive has four more lives before it can't change anymore. It was worth it to see Jeremy Spencer Mick Fleetwood and John MacVie sitting in the same room.
I now understand so much more about Peter. It was so refreshing to hear Jeremy Spencers honesty and perception about things. His discription of the thing on Peters shoulder was so insightful yet simple.
I am so pulling for the well being of Peter Alan Green

vinnie c
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got my copy on Saturday and watched it yesterday evening. As many here have noted, there's not that much in the DVD that's really new, but it's all presented very nicely and gives a terrific story of Peter's life. It would have been nice if there had been more on Peter's late '70s & early '80s activities, as well as his time with Splinter Group, but overall it was very enjoyable. And I agree that it was great to see Jeremy, Mick, and John all sitting together talking about the past.

I also got a pleasant surprise to see Mick Fleetwood interviewed at the same spot where I had lunch during vacation a few weeks ago - at the Kula Lodge on Maui. The background during those segments of his interview was unmistakable. But those segments also made it clear that Mick needs to try a different brand of antiperspirant!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I agree that it was great to see Jeremy, Mick, and John all sitting together talking about the past.
Yes, and McVie just talks too much on those sofa clips, while Mick hardly ever opens his mouth!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Yes, and McVie just talks too much on those sofa clips, while Mick hardly ever opens his mouth!

I know what you mean! He doesn´t talk much our John, does he? I believe he once said that he didn´t like group interviews because "it´s hard to get a word in anyway" (at least I think that was what he said).
Get him on his own and it´s a different story though, and I´m glad there was some clips of him being interviewed on his own too, because the way Mick goes on the poor guy never has a chance to say anything!

I especially liked his comment on Harold "the dildo" and how he´s a "stand up guy". I think that was hilarious!

Here´s some screengrabs from the dvd for those who are interested..

Mick talking about the lsd-hotelroom incident which John said he couldn´t remember..

Just realised that I haven´t got any pics of Peter (this is the Peter Green forum after all..) from the dvd but I might put some up later if I have the time

Last edited by MrsMcVie; 08-10-2007 at 05:12 AM..
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the previews! I have one non-computer dependant player that will work PAL, and yet I'd rather have an NTSC version so I hope they put one out eventually. The way Peter reacted to the lowered inhibitions and feelings of universal empathy which result from certain kinds of drug use are something I actually admire in a way. I'm still working my way out of various experiences back to being creative again (maybe) so it's always good news to read and see how well he has been doing over the last while.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a wonderful review of it in this month's Classic Rock magazine. It is a magazine from England. This DVD got a really good review. They made it sound really good, anyway. Also, they put a Peter Green solo song on the free CD. I bought the magazine on Saturday. The review isn't online, so I'll try to type the review up and post it on here.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 08-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
There is a wonderful review of it in this month's Classic Rock magazine. It is a magazine from England. This DVD got a really good review. They made it sound really good, anyway. Also, they put a Peter Green solo song on the free CD. I bought the magazine on Saturday. The review isn't online, so I'll try to type the review up and post it on here.
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted the review. My husband and I are in the process of moving, so it may be awhile before I can post the review. I will try though.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw that "Man of the World" got another very good review, from the September issue of MOJO. It got five stars - their highest rating. The reviewer states that the documentary "is a model of how these things should be done".
Old 01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Ledgie

Hello there,

watching the "Man of the World"-DVD i asked myself which German commune it might has been, where Peter Green got collected by his "Fleetwood Mac"-colleagues.

I did some research and found out: The "Highfish-Kommune".

Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Hello there,

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
Des is mir ja gleich egal. Dies is 'n internationales Forum, a biss'l Wieanerisch is mir eh recht. Muss net alles Englisch sein.
Servus Burli
Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Hello there,

watching the "Man of the World"-DVD i asked myself which German commune it might has been, where Peter Green got collected by his "Fleetwood Mac"-colleagues.

I did some research and found out: The "Highfish-Kommune".

Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

Regards,
Popmuseum
I took a glance at the two articles and went on from there. Very interesting. It seems that a lot of unknown information on the Munich-question was already known to a couple of people (but for John MacV. and/or Mick F.?).
Good to know that maybe a movie/documentary about this commune will be made by Christa Ritter????
Please keep us informed, Andreas(???)