User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I've never liked Say You Will (the song). It's far too cutesy for my liking. It sounds like something Christine should have written and sung. I HATE the kids singing at the end.

Destiny Rules should have been the lead single.
I at least understand the creative decision to have the kids sing... I think it is meant to hark back to Stevie and Lindsey meeting as kids. But it is such a weird thing to hear on a Fleetwood Mac song. And it feels super gimmicky on a song that needs something more than kids singing (better writing? better performance? both?) to make it seem special.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
Thrown Down (wall of sound version) was a HIT just WAITING to happen. I like the album Version as well, but this would have been GOLDEN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ySQvnULZA
Love it. But why do the comments call it a Shangri La recording? It sounds like Fleetwood Mac to me: John's bass, Lindsey's guitar and vocals, Mick's drumming, etc.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I've never liked Say You Will (the song). It's far too cutesy for my liking. It sounds like something Christine should have written and sung. I HATE the kids singing at the end.

Destiny Rules should have been the lead single.

I don't know what I hate more, the song Say You Will, or that stupid choreography Stevie did during the chorus. The first time I saw it when I saw FM during the tour I wanted to crawl onstage and physically restrain her from doing that lasso movement over her head.

I also really like Destiny Rules. The only thing that keeps me from loving it is that the delivery is SOOOOOOO nasal. Like more nasal that usual.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Tusk the single wasn't friendly to radio, either. There was no precedent on radio in 1979 for that.

In 2003, Fleetwood should have released Come, Illume, or Red Rover as the lead single. The idea should have been to stand out, not to blend in. The only chance for a single from that band to have done anything in 2003 would have been to get listeners to say, "What the feck is that?"

That is indeed what everyone said when Tusk was first played on the radio. Say You Will the single—the sweet little sing-along that was the musical equivalent of a hot cocoa with whipped cream—meant nothing to nobody in 2003, and got sh|tcanned off the radio ere five minutes had passed.
ha. stevie and her team would have fought that -- especially Come.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Come" way too vulgar, plus as with "Red Rover" Stevie's not on it.

"Destiny Rules" was the obvious choice for both single and title track. "Everybody Finds Out" would also have been a great choice.

"Say You Will" is one of the worst songs on the album. The lyrics are awful. A woman pleading with a man for at least some more time to change his mind? Pretty tepid stuff. Unlike the others who have weighed in on the matter, however, I do like the kids singing on it.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-11-2019 at 02:02 AM..