The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:03 PM

Default 2014/2015/2016

Here's what I think FMac will do. (not too hard to guess at this point)

2014 Christine is back Tour US, Europe, AUS.. runs through Feb 2015
Maybe get a new song or two?

April, May, June finish album...

July 2015 release album
Fall 2015 to spring of 2016 World Tour in support of new album.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

July 2015 release album
Of course that is all dependent on them maintaining good health isn't it?

To be sure.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

July 2015 release album
Agreed, but I don't think we'll get a new song before the first tour ends. I'd like it though.

Michele
Old 05-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah like the logic , and I think that's what will happen (maybe)
sure hope they're taking the supplements..2016!!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think they've accepted that this is the way they are going to spend the rest of their lives. (until they can't do it anymore)

Fitness and drug/alch free lives may help.

I can't wait for the new album.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Agreed, but I don't think we'll get a new song before the first tour ends. I'd like it though.

Michele
I don't know- it wouldn't surprise me if they used this opportunity to prime their audiences for a new Mac album by marching a song or two out. Though Stevie's not being involved in the project yet may throw a wrench in that idea- I doubt she'd be cool with Lindsey & Chris performing new songs, but not her. Or perhaps they'll just perform a new song that's a duo between Lindsey & Chris? I'd tend to think if they don't take this chance to introduce their biggest touring audiences ever to new music after such a long album drought, they'd be fools. But I guess we already know they're fools.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I don't know- it wouldn't surprise me if they used this opportunity to prime their audiences for a new Mac album by marching a song or two out. Though Stevie's not being involved in the project yet may throw a wrench in that idea- I doubt she'd be cool with Lindsey & Chris performing new songs, but not her. Or perhaps they'll just perform a new song that's a duo between Lindsey & Chris? I'd tend to think if they don't take this chance to introduce their biggest touring audiences ever to new music after such a long album drought, they'd be fools. But I guess we already know they're fools.
They could possibly work up a new Stevie song in rehearsals assuming she has any.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

July 2015 release album
well, tentative dates for Glasto 2015 are Wednesday 24 June to Sunday 28 June 2015 (http://www.zapaday.com/event/256273/...+Festival.html) so if they are really in the running you need to add that in.

also, i'm not sure how you think they'd manage to cover both AUS and Europe in jan-feb 2015? and wasn't LB saying in that audio interview that SN assured them she'll be ready to record her part for the album in jan 2015?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know- it wouldn't surprise me if they used this opportunity to prime their audiences for a new Mac album
Lindsey will prime them for the new album by throwing mention of it into one of his speeches. He'll talk about the new album and Stevie will stand at the side looking alternately dour or disinterested as he does so.

Michele
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If a new song is played by Lindsey and Christine, Stevie can always whip out another lost oldie and position it as a "new song" after a 10-minute speech. She's never done that before, has she? ....
Old 05-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When did Lindsey say that comment about Stevie and Jan 15?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
When did Lindsey say that comment about Stevie and Jan 15?
All he said was following the tour. He did not say January 2015.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
2016 is just a joke.

The EP didn't get released until April 2013, but Lindsey Mick and John had recorded all their parts by the end of October 2012. If it takes 6 months for Stevie Nicks to add vocals to four (actually, THREE) songs....how long will it take her to make an album?

Mid-June/July 2015 release sounds very logical indeed.
2016 World Tour...hey I wonder sometimes if I'll be alive in 2016. I'm still very young but you never know what could happen.

Look at Michael Jackson...all his posthumous work emerging years after the fact because he worked himself to the ground on a comeback tour.
Also his Doctor was an idiot who did not know how to say "NO".
Old 05-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, tentative dates for Glasto 2015 are Wednesday 24 June to Sunday 28 June 2015 (http://www.zapaday.com/event/256273/...+Festival.html) so if they are really in the running you need to add that in.

also, i'm not sure how you think they'd manage to cover both AUS and Europe in jan-feb 2015?
Christine also said that they were going to finish touring North America in January after Christmas. So I don't think they would go to Australia until February. Therefore I think they tour AUS/NZ from late February-early April.
Then tour Europe from May-June ending at Glastonbury.

Will they release the album in the spring/summer at the time they tour Europe? Or will they release it in Fall 2015?
Old 05-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know- it wouldn't surprise me if they used this opportunity to prime their audiences for a new Mac album by marching a song or two out.
I would agree with this. Nowadays it seems more than ever it's common place for recording artists to throw out a minimum of 1 song, often times 2 songs, way ahead of a new record release to generate interest & familiarity in a new project. So if Stevie's "24 Karat Gold" record drops this fall, as intended, and from what we know so far it'll be, in essence, sort of a novelty project if it indeed is comprised soley with her celebrated "vault songs", then I could see FM releasing a new song - most surely a Christine tune - @Feb/March time frame, then maybe another song closer to an actual release, depending on the interest the 1st song generates.

Remember, Warners unveiled Secret Love (January 13, 2011) nearly 4 months ahead of In Your Dreams release date, while officially it wasn't released as a single to radio stations for adds until mid March 2011. In addition, they also unveiled "Cheaper Than Free" and its video 2-3 weeks before the record release.

The release & it's timimg will undoubtably be dependent upon if FM have a record contract lined-up. Perhaps the recording sessions this past March/April had two intended purposes, not only to get Christine back up to par, but also to entice record contract bidding for the record with the 8 exciting new songs Chris & Lindsey & Mick recorded. Funny, John was never mentioned as being in the studio with them, I guess it's just assumed.

Anyway, anything can happen. Nevertheless, I expect FM's record to be released late spring/summer 2015 as has been reported, barring any unforeseen health issues or bad blood on the road between band members in 2014. They really don't have much more time to waste.