The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Why Hasn't Stevie Been Asked About The New FM Record?

Stevie has been to various events the past few weeks - including the BMI awards last night.

Though it was mentioned that Fleetwood Mac is recording, why has no one directly asked her if and when she will record with them and what kind of material she's been working on, etc?
Old 05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's downright bizarre, isn't it? The only thing I can think of is Stevie's publicist Liz Rosenberg is squashing any talk of Stevie's involvement in the album. Liz is known to be pretty ruthless & adept at keeping a lid on absolutely anything she doesn't want the press to publish, and at preventing reporters from asking non-approved questions of her clients.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Because the new FM record is now a new Stevie Nicks record...
Old 05-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, the silence is more ominous than any words she might say about it. It means, once again, that Mick and the remaining crew (whoever that happens to be at any given time) has to do a little dance and create a situation that is as comfortable and accommodating for the loose thread--in this case, Stevie. I'm pretty disappointed that this is the track she has taken, as are most FM fans.

I know there are Stevie fans who would prefer a new all-Stevie record, and that's understandable. What I don't understand is how she is essentially dampening this potentially momentous occasion with what is ultimately a selfish move. Sorry, just the way I see it.

Who knows, maybe she is subconsciously reveling herself on Christine for 15years of absence. I'm only half-kidding.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes, the silence is more ominous than any words she might say about it. It means, once again, that Mick and the remaining crew (whoever that happens to be at any given time) has to do a little dance and create a situation that is as comfortable and accommodating for the loose thread--in this case, Stevie. I'm pretty disappointed that this is the track she has taken, as are most FM fans.

I know there are Stevie fans who would prefer a new all-Stevie record, and that's understandable. What I don't understand is how she is essentially dampening this potentially momentous occasion with what is ultimately a selfish move. Sorry, just the way I see it.

Who knows, maybe she is subconsciously reveling herself on Christine for 15years of absence. I'm only half-kidding.
I'm not the disappointed. We are getting a solo album from her. The most exciting thing about the new album is Chris and Lindsey working together. I'm sure they hit it out of the park.

Last edited by Jondalar; 05-14-2014 at 06:16 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I think you are wrong...Have you considered the fact that Stevie may owe WB a record??? Stevie may be throwing together this record and putting it out this year in order to free up her schedule so she can do FM next year which would mean that Stevie is being totally unselfish and going out of her way to accommodate the band...
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I think you are wrong...Have you considered the fact that Stevie may owe WB a record??? Stevie may be throwing together this record and putting it out this year in order to free up her schedule so she can do FM next year which would mean that Stevie is being totally unselfish and going out of her way to accommodate the band...
Nice hypothetical. Of course, there no evidence to suggest any of it. I really don't think Stevie's doing this for Fleetwood Mac's benefit. I don't think the band has anything to do with her decision to do this album. I also doubt that Stevie owes WB a record within a certain time frame considering she's been signed to this contract for decades. She may be putting it out now because she knows the FM tour will prevent her from doing it in the near future and it's something she wants to do, but I don't think it has to do with a potential FM album.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-14-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Stevie Album vs. New FM Album

From my general knowledge of the music business (not an expert by any means), there is not a whole lot of money in the album/CD business these days. The real money is touring with FM (especially for this Rumours line up). If Stevie's solo album helps bolster the tour receipts, everyone in FM is better off financially. When LB took a three year break from FM about eight years ago, there might have been some faint hope that album sales would provide some income. When WB/Reprise would not sign him, that must have been a clear signal that the music business has changed and that there is not much money in album sales from aging rockers. However, he might also have wanted to leave a legacy of music for his children. A musical legacy could also be Stevie's motivation, which I would think that LB can appreciate and understand that desire. I am hopeful that we will see at least one more FM from the Rumours lineup (with LB producing) for, if nothing else, the legacy of the group.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If that were the case, Stevie would definitely say so, an issue the thread's title addresses. In 1987, she said:

Quote:
"Lindsey was doing another solo album, too. If he hadn’t been Lindsey - if he’d have been me - then he could’ve gone ahead and done his at the same time Fleetwood Mac was doing theirs. But Lindsey, having to be the boss - and pretty much the head of this particular tribe at this particular moment - he couldn’t do both. I could, because there wasn’t all that much for me to do, in the technical sense, at the beginning of the record. I didn’t feel weird about it because I didn’t have any choice."
She'd normally be discussing similar logistics required to finish up her solo work to segue into FM today or alternate between the two today.

Michele
Old 05-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope I am wrong.

But whatever the case, as a die-hard Mac fan, my wish is to see these people together making an album. Even after decades of solo projects from various members, I do not see any of these artists working at their best on their own. All Mac-member solo stuff (well, most) pales in comparison to their collective efforts. This is why I am so disappointed with the timeline of a new. Mac record, a timeline for which it appears Stevie is in large part responsible.

I may not be realistic or even rational when I say the prospect of a new Mac album with all five Rumours-era members involved should have meant all parties dropped whatever they were doing to commit to the cause. But this is how I feel.

To me, it's a real blow when we life-long fans are kept on hold this way. If the band members were young, I'd say, okay, let's wait. But they are all 70 or nearing 70 and time is of the essence.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone said Stevie is heading to the studio to add vocals to 8 of the cut Fleetwood Mac songs. She will be on the record. Don't think this is unusual for how they recorded some songs in the past.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Someone said Stevie is heading to the studio to add vocals to 8 of the cut Fleetwood Mac songs. She will be on the record. Don't think this is unusual for how they recorded some songs in the past.
Don't remember seeing this
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
She will. But no one has given any indication that she is doing this before the tour in the fall.

While they have worked this way in the past, it is now 2014, many, many years since their last studio record with these five people, and the delay is ridiculous.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see any drama here.
Everything seems to be going great with the
new Fleetwood Mac album; and they're recording
it just like they always do - first without Stevie, then with her.
She's done several solo projects while Fleetwood Mac
albums were being made.
I think it's just that our instant access to a 24 hour news cycle
makes a lot of us fill in blanks and create drama when there really
isn't any.
Everyone in this band has always had busy lives.
It's not a reality TV script - it's just 5 people in a huge
band making music like they always have.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I don't see any drama here.
Everything seems to be going great with the
new Fleetwood Mac album; and they're recording
it just like they always do - first without Stevie, then with her.
She's done several solo projects while Fleetwood Mac
albums were being made.
I think it's just that our instant access to a 24 hour news cycle
makes a lot of us fill in blanks and create drama when there really
isn't any.
Everyone in this band has always had busy lives.
It's not a reality TV script - it's just 5 people in a huge
band making music like they always have.
I think it's because of the way the band members have talked about Stevie in regards to her to her involvement. At no point have they made it sound like everything is hunky dory right on schedule. If they had, and they've had every chance to, then there absolutely would be no drama from any of us, I think. They consistently have made it sound like they don't know what her plan is and they just assume she'll join eventually. In Lindsey's latest interview, the first confirming any sort of agreement with Stevie, he uses the words "she has assured us that she will be ready" to work after the tour. Which is good, but even that makes it sound like they need assurance from her, likely because of her reluctance in the past decade to record with the band. We can only wait and hope she follows through.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-15-2014 at 02:33 AM..