User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The real stumbling block regarding the upcoming Mac album is the imminent band tour.
they had 6 full months. they could have easily finished the recording if everybody's been on board. and maybe that was their initial plan. maybe start of the tour was giving them a deadline to work towards.

seems like a very reasonable timetable actually - you record for 6 months and finish recording, get into rehearsals while the album is being mixed and mastered, and the publishing takes place during the tour.

i really don't see how people can rationalize Stevie starting an album in April and putting it out in October, and in the same breath saying that with 8 previously recorded and almost done songs, FM couldn't have finished recording an album in 6 months they had before their summer vacations, and putting it out at the start of the tour in October.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As frustrating as this all might be to fans, this band always takes it's sweet time in getting anything done and this next album will be no exception.
yes, and now some of the reasons for them "taking their sweet time" seem to be coming out, yet many people choose to rationalize those reasons away.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

elle, I find it absurd that you would possibly think 6 months was sufficient for this band to complete an album. Are you kidding?
That said, some artists are capable of recording an album in 3 weeks...
Old 05-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PS Don't rule out the possibility of this next Mac tour being extended into early 2015 and beyond. That will further delay the proposed album.
Consideration should also be given to the fact that Stevie intends upon releasing her solo album whilst Fleetwood Mac are on tour - ie she will not be interrupting proceedings by embarking upon a solo tour. Surely this demonstrates some degree of commitment to the band?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
elle, I find it absurd that you would possibly think 6 months was sufficient for this band to complete an album. Are you kidding?
That said, some artists are capable of recording an album in 3 weeks...
see now i know you must not be serious and you are just finding justifications for whatever you want to say at the moment. which is fine, however absurd that may be.

plus, aren't we going in circles here??

some artists are capable of recording an album of all new songs in a week.

i find it also interesting how everybody's conveniently forgetting how long (i.e. short!) it took to record, finish and put out the EP. you remember what the longest part was? band member negotiations whether or not to put some songs out before the tour. that part lasted a few months, from what we know. recording, mixing and mastering took much shorter time.

if SN wanted to be a team player she could have spent the time in studio with the band in march, before she went to work on her solo stuff in april. and you can't argue that maybe she did, because band is talking along the lines of Stevie assuring them she will finally be ready to give a bit of her time to the band after their On With The Show tour. if she already worked with them, they wouldn't be insinuating she hasn't.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
PS Don't rule out the possibility of this next Mac tour being extended into early 2015 and beyond. That will further delay the proposed album.
yes, can you twist that knife a bit harder??

SN fans are happy, they are getting what they wanted for so long. i'm happy for all of you.

yet you all, instead of feeling generous in your exuberance and understanding why many FM fans, and basically all LB fans are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick, all SN fans choose to do is twist the knife harder and deeper.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, can you twist that knife a bit harder??

SN fans are happy, they are getting what they wanted for so long. i'm happy for all of you.

yet you all, instead of feeling generous in your exuberance and understanding why many FM fans, and basically all LB fans are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick, all SN fans choose to do is twist the knife harder and deeper.
Not ALL of us. I don't have a knife.
Yeah, I'm happy, but I get your frustation. This whole thing is weird the way it went down.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Not ALL of us. I don't have a knife.
Yeah, I'm happy, but I get your frustation. This whole thing is weird the way it went down.
true, i was thinking i should correct that.

yeah, agree.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

also i don't want to speak for Christine fans; i would suspect they have mixed feelings - happy that unbelievable has happened and Christine is actually back, while frustrated it seems they won't get to hear her new FM music any time soon.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see now i know you must not be serious and you are just finding justifications for whatever you want to say at the moment. which is fine, however absurd that may be.

plus, aren't we going in circles here??

some artists are capable of recording an album of all new songs in a week.

i find it also interesting how everybody's conveniently forgetting how long (i.e. short!) it took to record, finish and put out the EP. you remember what the longest part was? band member negotiations whether or not to put some songs out before the tour. that part lasted a few months, from what we know. recording, mixing and mastering took much shorter time.

if SN wanted to be a team player she could have spent the time in studio with the band in march, before she went to work on her solo stuff in april. and you can't argue that maybe she did, because band is talking along the lines of Stevie assuring them she will finally be ready to give a bit of her time to the band after their On With The Show tour. if she already worked with them, they wouldn't be insinuating she hasn't.
But according to Lindsey, the " team " wasn't planning on recording and releasing an album prior to the tour.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Lindsey and Christine quit the band. Oh, and by the way, so did Stevie. They all have. In all instances the band went on and recorded without them. Stevie could quit the band if she doesn't want to record with them...that's the considerate thing to do.... but instead she's keeping them hanging on hoping she'll join them to make an album. Who cares if she keeps the Fleetwood Mac name out there if they don't put new music out (and it's her fault)? I'd rather she be in the studio.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The real stumbling block regarding the upcoming Mac album is the imminent band tour. There seems to be no conceivable reason for touring at this stage (so soon after the previous one and without any new product due to be released), other than a cash-grab. Yes I've read the spin about welcoming Christine back into the fold, but that's just nonsense. If the band truly wanted to get the album completed and issued, then the tour would not be occurring at this stage.
I am somewhat disappointed by Stevie's (perceived) lack of enthusiasm for a Mac album, but even if she had been available from March to April (when the recording sessions occurred), there still wouldn't have been a finished album.
It might be argued that Lindsey and Christine have ceased recording for the time being due to Stevie's lack of involvement, but it's equally possible that they don't wish to continue at this stage for other reasons. Christine has spoken about wanting to return to the UK before the tour rehearsals begin in July and perhaps Lindsey wishes to spend time with his family during the interim period (somebody here recently mentioned him usually vacationing at this time of year). There is also John's medical condition/treatment to consider - none of us know exactly what his current situation is.
I have said this before and still believe that Stevie had intended to record a solo album this year, prior to Christine's decision to re-join the band. Undoubtedly, she and Dave Stewart would have planned the Nashville sessions some time ago, with Blackbird Studios and the 'wrecking crew' of musicians having been booked some time in advance.
Dave is constantly working with all manner of artists and just to pin him down for a few consecutive weeks would be a challenge in itself. He has previously mentioned collaborating with Stevie on new compositions over the last couple of years and so they obviously have maintained a working relationship since the In Your Dreams album/tour/documentary ran it's course.
Stevie has spoken about locating the 'vault' demos for her latest album on Youtube and I suspect this was undertaken some time last year. In order for these 17 or 18 songs to be knocked out so quickly in the studio, sufficient time would have been required to become familiar with them and pre-determine arrangements etc. Therefore, I do honestly think Stevie was committed to this solo project before any firm plans were hatched for a Mac album.
As frustrating as this all might be to fans, this band always takes it's sweet time in getting anything done and this next album will be no exception. One could argue that Stevie is disinterested and non-committal; Lindsey is dictatorial and tactless; Christine might be capricious; John has been ill and Mick has been stirring the proverbial pot... who knows? There's no point apportioning blame as this won't alter the situation. We just need to hope that age doesn't wither these individuals and that eventually new music is bestowed upon us.
Yay, some common sense!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a comment that Dave just posted on Facebook. I continue to think that there's no doubt here that Stevie is on board.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.15.31 PM.png (25.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
But according to Lindsey, the " team " wasn't planning on recording and releasing an album prior to the tour.
yes. notice he stated that plan AFTER they apparently got Stevie's assurance she's on board with the album?

unlike fans, Lindsey is now getting what he wants too - cash-grab FM tour raking in millions, then album that he was trying to get out for the last 5 years so what's 1 more year for him, and another cash-grab tour, raking in another set of millions.

so yes, everything is hunky-dory in Lindsey's world now.

yet we are getting another same-ole greatest hits tour for twice the price of the last one (but yes it will be great to see/hear Christine / the whole band), another year or more of waiting to hear the songs we knew about for the last 2 years, and then having to pay for yet another FM tour in 2015/2016. so the money Lindsey et al are happily grabbing is flowing out of our pockets - if we are willing to give it to them.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Here's a comment that Dave just posted on Facebook. I continue to think that there's no doubt here that Stevie is on board.
Wow. That guy has some gall, with his rude tweet.