User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.
Stevie's not preventing them from doing anything. They are more than welcome to put out a record without her.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the same token, the four other band members have earned the right to do as they please without involving Stevie. If it's a choice between an album by Mick, John, Christine and Lindsey or no Fleetwood Mac album at all, which seems to be the case, I think most fans would choose the Stevie-less album over nothing.
YESSS!!! I would love a Bucky/McVie album!!!!

Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen. Old what's her name has become the face of FM. Danged old cow....
Old 10-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the same token, the four other band members have earned the right to do as they please without involving Stevie. If it's a choice between an album by Mick, John, Christine and Lindsey or no Fleetwood Mac album at all, which seems to be the case, I think most fans would choose the Stevie-less album over nothing.
Which they certainly could do, if they wanted to!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie's not preventing them from doing anything. They are more than welcome to put out a record without her.
Yes, they are welcome to do so, but come on, they are never going to do it. Stevie would feel insulted and people would wonder why the hell she is touring with them when she's not on the new record.

What would Stevie do when it comes time to perform the new material in concert? Is she supposed to leave the stage for all 6 new songs, or would she be expected just to wander around aimlessly, shaking her tambourine but not really contributing anything to the performance?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
OR, they can release it without Stevie and play new songs on tour. She doesn't have to be up on stage for every song.
But what tour would they play it on? I don't think they can work new songs into this tour starting in January. That boat looks like it has passed. There's not enough time off between the end of this leg and the start of the 28 dates they just announced. Once this tour ends, no way will they be able to do another tour in 2016.

I can only hope the four Macsters will complete the album after this tour, without hopes of touring on it at all. Of course, they can promote it in interviews though.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie said last year that there were two planned tours for 2015, so if that's still the case, and she tours for 24KG after the Mac tour ends (whenever that might be), how could she commit to a record? Because it would seem Christine and Lindsey began recording around the same time as Stevie, and if Stevie had already committed to her solo tour, and the recording of her album, can she really be expected to participate in the recording of the new Mac album? This all sounds like Tango to me. That being said, I highly doubt FM would do a "farewell album" without Stevie.

Last edited by DauphineMarie; 10-13-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.
Mick might want to be careful with what he says because if it backfires he could end up with considerably less than what he started with.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, the earliest they could go into the studio to record with Stevie would be in April. Saying she's not on board at this point, especially when she's trying to promote her new album while doing a Fleetwood Mac tour, seems a little disingenuous. There's nothing to be on board with right now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
This all sounds like Tango to me. That being said, I highly doubt FM would do a "farewell album" without Stevie.
I think they probably will do another big tour, but they can't do it as early as 2016. Even doing it in 2017 is pushing it, market wise.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Again, the earliest they could go into the studio to record with Stevie would be in April. Saying she's not on board at this point, especially when she's trying to promote her new album while doing a Fleetwood Mac tour, seems a little disingenuous. There's nothing to be on board with right now.
Seeing as how the other 2 were in a major recording studio laying down tracks, I don't think it would be premature of Stevie to say she is willing to do another album now, even if she doesn't get around to it for 9 months. She talked about the SYW album long before she ever went into the studio with the boys, while she was promoting TISL.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But what tour would they play it on? I don't think they can work new songs into this tour starting in January. That boat looks like it has passed. There's not enough time off between the end of this leg and the start of the 28 dates they just announced.
And, it wouldn't be appropriate right now. This tour is about Christine's return, and thus the return of the classic Mac. The material played should reflect this.

Quote:
Once this tour ends, no way will they be able to do another tour in 2016.
You said the same thing last year.

Quote:
I can only hope the four Macsters will complete the album after this tour, without hopes of touring on it at all. Of course, they can promote it in interviews though.
I'm betting they release an album and do a proper tour to promote it. That's what Lindsey said he wanted during last year's tour, to keep the band going without taking an extended break for solo tours. Christine seems to want this, too, and you know Mick and John will be on board. Hopefully, Stevie wants this, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they probably will do another big tour, but they can't do it as early as 2016. Even doing it in 2017 is pushing it, market wise.

Michele
Yes I think they will take time off after 2015... Next tour will be 2018 at the earliest...
Old 10-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember when Mick cried to Playboy that his band would never tour again, and Stevie was to blame?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 10-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seeing as how the other 2 were in a major recording studio laying down tracks, I don't think it would be premature of Stevie to say she is willing to do another album now, even if she doesn't get around to it for 9 months.
She's already touring with Fleetwood Mac instead of promoting an album that was just released. Her focus should be on the present tour and her recently released album, not an album that's at least a year out.

Quote:
She talked about the SYW album long before she ever went into the studio with the boys, while she was promoting TISL.
She wasn't juggling promoting multiple projects on the TISL tour. There was some space where she could talk about Fleetwood Mac's future.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, they are welcome to do so, but come on, they are never going to do it. Stevie would feel insulted and people would wonder why the hell she is touring with them when she's not on the new record.

What would Stevie do when it comes time to perform the new material in concert? Is she supposed to leave the stage for all 6 new songs, or would she be expected just to wander around aimlessly, shaking her tambourine but not really contributing anything to the performance?
She'd be the Davy Jones of Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins