User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
JTIS I got all my junk out of storage and into the new house yesterday! Still have some work to do before I can get the place inspected and move in, but I am excited!

Also, now I feel like my back is going to fall off, but whatever. Furniture be moved, including the awesome solid wood china hutch I got off some dude on CraigsList for 25 dolla. Kitchen has ugly yellow walls, but awesome retro-y black and white tiling on the floor, backsplashes, and up to the chair rail on all the walls, so I'm gonna sand the hutch down, paint it teal with some black vines up the sides, replace the glass in the doors with mirrors, and use it as a pantry in the kitchen, because the kitchen closet is way too small to hold all my ramen.

Gonna paint the walls white to get rid of the yellow - I like yellow for a kitchen, but feel like it should be a sunny yellow, not this bizarre muddy yellow they chose - and eventually get a 50s-style diner table & chairs - you know, with the chrome and red vinyl? Except I will get rid of the red vinyl and reupholster with teal vinyl. I like teal.

Speaking of painting things - anyone have any experience with indoor wall murals? I have the most badass idea for my bedroom ever, but I could use some input from someone that's done a wall mural before before I go flinging paint around and making a mess.
Phew! It sounds like you've got your work cut out for you with respect to doing up the house! In any case, it's great that you (and presumably your children) love your new house! Do you know roughly when you get to move in properly?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After going looking for the Howard Stern interview with Chris, Mick and John I just found a whole thread comparing Stevie and Debbie Harry Someone remind me never to go looking at old threads again.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After two hours, I finally got Flash working on Fedora 13 (which I installed today)! I would've been able to do it in a couple of minutes, were I not so hesitant to work with .tar instead of .rpm and yum... Anyway, the 64-bit version of Flash seems fine, even though it's only in an alpha stage of development (it'll be ported to Windows and Mac when it's finished development).
Now, back to stuff like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1tydZke-o.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not much, but in 8 days, I shall be seeing Jethro Tull at Jones Beach. Has anyone here ever seen 'em live?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

^^^ I'm SOO jealous. Jethro Tull are one of my very favourite bands aside from FM. I almost saw them last year when they were in Germany and played in a city an hour from where I live but the day after the concert we went on a holiday to France so my mum wouldn't let my dad & me go . I'm still mad at her.
So I haven't seen them live but from what I've seen on youtube they still got it. I'm sure it will be amazing. Have a great time!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsycat999 View Post
^^^ I'm SOO jealous. Jethro Tull are one of my very favourite bands aside from FM. I almost saw them last year when they were in Germany and played in a city an hour from where I live but the day after the concert we went on a holiday to France so my mum wouldn't let my dad & me go . I'm still mad at her.
So I haven't seen them live but from what I've seen on youtube they still got it. I'm sure it will be amazing. Have a great time!
Thanks. I bet it should be and I hope Ian Anderson stands on one foot while playing the flute.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Phew! It sounds like you've got your work cut out for you with respect to doing up the house! In any case, it's great that you (and presumably your children) love your new house! Do you know roughly when you get to move in properly?
We should be moving in some time next week. House needs inspected so I can get the occupancy permit first. Many hoops to jump through to just live somewhere down here in Missouri. I do not pretend to understand.

But the house is pretty great, yeah. I am looking forward to putting a garden in and have a ton of projects planned to fix the place up awesome inside.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just spent some time putting a Mighty Boosh clip to various songs that I enjoy. Because I clearly have no life

Putting my YouTube channel to good use here

And by far the funniest one:

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 06-03-2010 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wrote an essay in spanish for my final review...I feel so accomplished
Now my Spanish teacher can go kick rocks for all I care (he is a complete ass).
He told us the our review was due on the 9th, but today he said that he wants them tomorrow-- if we don't turn it in we get a zero for two test grades...

We had to use 35 different verbs in all forms except present...so I wrote about what I did last summer easy (in english at least lol)
Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
I just wrote an essay in spanish for my final review...I feel so accomplished
Now my Spanish teacher can go kick rocks for all I care (he is a complete ass).
He told us the our review was due on the 9th, but today he said that he wants them tomorrow-- if we don't turn it in we get a zero for two test grades...

We had to use 35 different verbs in all forms except present...so I wrote about what I did last summer easy (in english at least lol)
I remember Spanish in high school...for 2 years in a row, I had the same teacher that was originally from Honduras, and while she did have an easy-to-understand accent, the most I recall was when she was on maternity leave. I still remember sitting around and watching Disturbia and Transformers in class instead of doing actual work.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I remember Spanish in high school...for 2 years in a row, I had the same teacher that was originally from Honduras, and while she did have an easy-to-understand accent, the most I recall was when she was on maternity leave. I still remember sitting around and watching Disturbia and Transformers in class instead of doing actual work.
lucky lucky you lol.
We do actually watch pretty good movies:
Voces Inocentes (Innocent Voices)
Mi Familia
El Norte...
= good movies

last year we watched beverly hills chihuahua...wtf
Old 06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lucky lucky you lol.
We do actually watch pretty good movies:
Voces Inocentes (Innocent Voices)
Mi Familia
El Norte...
= good movies

last year we watched beverly hills chihuahua...wtf
Hey, watching stupid movies is a helluva lot better than having to take the 3 hours of hell known as the Spanish Regents (they're a series of exams in various subjects high schoolers in New York State have to take if they wanna graduate). I still remember, instead of studying for it using one of the little red Barron's books everyone got for their Regents, I tried watching movies I knew and loved in Spanish (OK, all I watched was Aladdin, but it did work, considering I got a 96 on it).

Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, watching stupid movies is a helluva lot better than having to take the 3 hours of hell known as the Spanish Regents (they're a series of exams in various subjects high schoolers in New York State have to take if they wanna graduate). I still remember, instead of studying for it using one of the little red Barron's books everyone got for their Regents, I tried watching movies I knew and loved in Spanish (OK, all I watched was Aladdin, but it did work, considering I got a 96 on it).
lol oh hell...good thing I live in va lmao.
That's actually really smart to watch a movie that you probably know every line to. I should try that with the Little Rascals =] "What's the number to 911" >> "Que es el numero a nueve uno uno?"... (i feel like that's wrong...lol)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol oh hell...good thing I live in va lmao.
That's actually really smart to watch a movie that you probably know every line to. I should try that with the Little Rascals =] "What's the number to 911" >> "Que es el numero a nueve uno uno?"... (i feel like that's wrong...lol)
That sounds right to me, but it's been ages (OK, 2 years) since I took Spanish.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds right to me, but it's been ages (OK, 2 years) since I took Spanish.
This is my last year of spanish =]
next year its ap gov, ap eng, ap calc, and the rest are easy classes (creative writing, physics, and photography)....then I is done