Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure if anybody saw this

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Here's what I don't get about SYW. Stevie is always saying how she writes so much and there's not enough albums to release it all. So wouldn't a double album appeal to her?
1. She was thinking of what stood to fare better in the marketplace.
2. That may have been true early on, but in short order she became less prolific.
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Does anyone else's sound go in and out?
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Here's what I don't get about SYW. Stevie is always saying how she writes so much and there's not enough albums to release it all. So wouldn't a double album appeal to her?
Scribbling "there once was a man from Nantucket" on toilet paper, while s(h)itting on her throne, might not qualify as a "song".

I think she's referring to her life, FORTY YEARS AGO, when she refers to "writing so much".
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie will not let Buckingham Nicks, the album go unresolved. Sure, this Fleetwood tour will end. She'll do her solo thing for 2 years. But after that, Fleetwood Mac will be way too old to tour. I'm sure there will be some big reconciliation, between her and Lindsey. There will be a ton of press, a big spectacle. They'll re-release the album and tour.
She doesnít want to be on a stage with him anymore. Wasnít it clear enough when she fired him, ignored all his calls, and couldnít care less when he almost died?

I couldnít care less what Stevie wants or doesnít want. She doesnít own the universe, no matter how much her fans want to believe she does.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't get me wrong. I love Lindsey and his last tour was amazing. I attended two shows. (LA and Wash DC)

However, he did throw Christine under the bus when she left the band. And he did it all along the tour via local press.

I think his intentions were more from love and a bit of anger. Christine sort of abandon him to money hungry egos. The other three did not care about the art vs commerce issue. Nor did they care about taking risks musically. They did not have an interest in keeping the band adventurous. I think SYW would have been 10 times better had Christine been with them.

I think she tried to stay neutral and that really blew up in her face. And I'm sure it's never fun to get sued. Even if it a legitimate consequence of actions.
Lindsey was thinking about the band and itís legacy, something Stevie never did. Her reasons to kick him out of the band were selfish.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I couldnít care less what Stevie wants or doesnít want. She doesnít own the universe, no matter how much her fans want to believe she does.
Me either! **** her.

BUT $he apparently owns FM now. Her whims become reality, regardless of the cost. I'm still not certain who's worse, $tevie or Dick. They're both awful, for different(and some of the same) reasons.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me either! **** her.

BUT $he apparently owns FM now. Her whims become reality, regardless of the cost. I'm still not certain who's worse, $tevie or Dick. They're both awful, for different(and some of the same) reasons.
I think at some point in the distant past Stevie may have been a decent person before fame and wealth ruined and spoiled her beyond repair. Mick has always been a creep IMO so in his case there was no decent person to lose. So my vote would go to Dick.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Does anyone else's sound go in and out?
Yes, and it's annoying as hell. Lol.
Old Today, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think at some point in the distant past Stevie may have been a decent person before fame and wealth ruined and spoiled her beyond repair. Mick has always been a creep IMO so in his case there was no decent person to lose. So my vote would go to Dick.
She really spiraled out of control quickly after the passing of her mother. Barbara definitely kept that ego in check.

It's appalling that at this point in their lives, they chose to be this petty and hurtful to one another. I don't know how a group of people can invest so much time together over 4 decades and still have the appetite to do that to one another in their last sprint of productivity.

My daughter is only a month old. Over the weekend I was trying to calm her down and I tried playing the String Quartet Tribute to Rumours on my kindle. All I could think about besides my beautiful daughter, was how I will probably never see that band perform together again. Made me tear up 100%.
Old Today, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
She really spiraled out of control quickly after the passing of her mother. Barbara definitely kept that ego in check.

It's appalling that at this point in their lives, they chose to be this petty and hurtful to one another. I don't know how a group of people can invest so much time together over 4 decades and still have the appetite to do that to one another in their last sprint of productivity.

My daughter is only a month old. Over the weekend I was trying to calm her down and I tried playing the String Quartet Tribute to Rumours on my kindle. All I could think about besides my beautiful daughter, was how I will probably never see that band perform together again. Made me tear up 100%.
Their faces look so cold in the above interviews. $tevie, her ego, and her mgmt. ruin our band. And interesting to say "our" band. I always felt part of it. I don't anymore.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; Today at 01:19 PM..
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was so kind when I met him. Especially to those of us who were younger. He acted like a father. I can't understand how someone can be so kind to some and so cruel to others.