User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$2,500??? WTF??!!
You know that was so confusing. what I posted. I was posting a legal notice that is applicable to ppl putting copyright on things that are not really copyrighted....that particular thing is not on his site...I will go and fix it..
Old 05-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
I found this legal information about the law as it applies to saying something is copyrighted if it is not.

(c) Fraudulent Copyright Notice.-Any person who, with fraudulent intent, places on any article a notice of copyright or words of the same purport that such person knows to be false, or who, with fraudulent intent, publicly distributes or imports for public distribution any article bearing such notice or words that such person knows to be false, shall be fined not more than $2,500.

With JT stating that his emails are copyrighted now I wonder if he has really copyrighted them?
I think this refers to placing a copyright on something that isn't yours to copyright. I think you can place the copyright logo and notice on anything you author even if you haven't applied for the copyright yet. The only way he could enforce it would be to follow up and apply for one on all his mail, and then have it granted.

I forget what the costs are for this, but I seriously doubt he intends to follow through. As usual, he's trying to intimidate people who criticize him by showing him up through his own words. What else is new?
Old 05-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Everyone!

I haven’t read all of the posts in this thread, but I wanted to add to the topic. I never joined the fan club, but some of my friends did. Not one of them benefited from the experience. I’ve read some posts regarding a few people that were lucky enough to score great seats, even one person who got front row. Nothing wrong with that, however, it seems that overall, the fan club thing was a bust. Just 2 days prior to the Pittsburgh show, my friend got on the ticket master website. Great seats were coming up. He tried a few times and eventually, he scored 4 front row seats. And it was just 2 days ago that I was ticket master and 4th row seats in the center were coming up for the Atlantic City show. The only show I’ve gone to so far has been the DC show. I had 8th row center seats. But it cost me $300 for one ticket. I guess we all get caught up in the moment and we get afraid that tickets won’t be available to us if we wait. But I should have known better. Two years ago when Madonna was on tour, they were claiming that the shows were sold out within the first day of tickets going on sale. I never got a ticket. But guess what, just days before the show, ticket master released more tickets. It appears they purposely hold the good seats so that they can try and fill up the nosebleed sections. The seats I got for Madonna were just a few rows above the floor, 1st lower level, which happened to be eye level with the stage. Next best thing to being on the floor in my opinion. In any event, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I think it’s best to hold off if you don’t want to pay these ridiculous scalper and fan club prices. Best of luck to everyone.

Travis
Old 05-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Ledgie

has he ever said how many people are in the fan club or where the fan club seats are located?
Old 05-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
has he ever said how many people are in the fan club or where the fan club seats are located
He has avoided that question like a bullet, even with MSNBC. He tried to spin it that there were "thousands" of members happy with their seats, but, that is not true. No Way. This site has a membership of around 1500. Do you really think that he exceeded this sites membership by triple or something?

He just doesn't answer what seems to be something that he cannot or will not deliver.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: copyright

I don't know how this would apply to email but I know you can get a poorman's copyright on a book if you write one because I did. You have someone print the book for you and send it to you and you don't open it. Then you can say it's copyrighted. I don't think an email could be copyrighted. The content on a website can be but I can't see that an email could JT is an idiot

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 05-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mr. Todd is definitely unique.

(this one isn't copywritten)

"The Official Fleetwood Mac Fan Club is now open! Here are some of the exclusive MEMBER BENEFITS:

-- ADVANCE TICKETS FOR MEMBERS ONLY!
Before tickets go on sale to the public, Fan Club members can buy through Ticketmaster directly online. We have reserved tens of thousands of tickets for Members generally in the best 20% of the floor for most concerts.

-- FOLLOW THE BAND ON TOUR WITH AUDIO/VIDEO ON YOUR COMPUTER!
You get password protected access to the Fleetwood Mac Official Fan Site! Join right now and take the entire video tour of the Studio where the new album "Say You Will" was made (both high and slow speed connections supported!). As the tour gets underway, we'll attempt to provide a backstage set of short audio/video and photographic documentation to keep you "On-The-Road-With-Fleetwood Mac." In addition to the tour video, we'll be seasoning the site with video from hotels and on the airplanes. THIS SHOULD BE THE MOST CONNECTED TOUR EVER FOR THE FAN CLUB MEMBERS.

-- INSIDER NEWS!
Get the latest on everything Fleetwood Mac right from the source!

-- ASK YOUR QUESTIONS!
Submit questions to the band members and view selected questions and their answers. "

There certainly have been changes since this email was sent. Initially we were told the "superfans" would get the best seats, as "the band" wanted their fans sitting up close to the stage so they could "hear them." Now the club is saying they can't even guarantee that you'll GET a seat for the show through the fan club, let alone a word about the "best 20% of the floor" in most venues. Well, if not for the special fan club seats, why else would someone join the fan club?

Perhaps for the audio and video? Well, if you've been following posts from fan club members, that's not happening. The audio portion of the site STILL says, "COMING SOON," the same message it's had since it went up. No video clips from the tour. Lots of fans still not "feeling connected."

The insider news? Um, Mick bought a hairbrush. Now there's some insider news for you! Shhhh, don't TELL ANYONE you heard about THAT! Ah, and as Livia mentioned, you can find out who won the fabulous 20 lithograph posters. (Talk about being used to advertise!) And they weren't even charged for postage. LOL!

The Q&A? Nothing new there either. I guess they didn't "select" any questions for Lindsey.

But back to the business of “copywrites.” Jonathan Todd’s team has demonstrated their respect for both copywrites and the fan community. In case anyone has forgotten, you can review this thread:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...?threadid=9366

Last edited by Tango; 05-14-2003 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
Remember how lame the warehouse/rehearsal shots in the TISL tourbook were?
Uh-huh. Totally lame. Not worth the $20, IMO.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 05-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Tango, we know that it is just a grand place to hang out and all the best to hang with...huh? hahaha...I am glad that I did not pay the full 79.95, oh and I notice that he has reduced the cost back down to the 59.95 and then it says under that that if you are on AOL there is another 20.00, so does that mean 39.95?

Those of you who paid the full price need to get howling. That is totally wrong.

I also got notice of a presale today for Tom Petty, THE MAN, who wants me to be part of the presale that he offers for his fans, WITHOUT CHARGING A FEE. So, maybe they are doing something right for their fans?

The one thing that is right is the fact that Tom Petty cares about his fans. That is for sure. Tom Petty for President.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I have a great deal of respect for Tom!

Quote:
Well, Tango, we know that it is just a grand place to hang out and all the best to hang with...huh? hahaha...I am glad that I did not pay the full 79.95, oh and I notice that he has reduced the cost back down to the 59.95 and then it says under that that if you are on AOL there is another 20.00, so does that mean 39.95?

Those of you who paid the full price need to get howling. That is totally wrong.

I also got notice of a presale today for Tom Petty, THE MAN, who wants me to be part of the presale that he offers for his fans, WITHOUT CHARGING A FEE. So, maybe they are doing something right for their fans?

The one thing that is right is the fact that Tom Petty cares about his fans. That is for sure. Tom Petty for President.
Did you know Lindsey and Tom share the same management? Sure you do! Lindsey did thank Tony Dimitriades and Robert Richards! Stevie thanked Howard Kaufman and Sheryl Louis. I'd like to thank them as well. I believe they do care about what happens to the fans of the people they represent.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey did thank Tony Dimitriades and Robert Richards! Stevie thanked Howard Kaufman and Sheryl Louis. I'd like to thank them as well. I believe they do care about what happens to the fans of the people they represent.
Well, you know, I feel that way about Tony Dimitriades and Robert Richards, but, as for the others, I will reserve comment. But, the real telling thing is gonna be what is finally done because I hope that we don't find out that the former agents are as good as they are for Tom because of Tom. He could be the key here. Tom does live in the real world, you know? I hope that they all step up. I really do. I want my faith restored.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope that they all step up. I really do. I want my faith restored.
I'm not holding my breath.

You have more faith than I.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Ledgie

Angry Mick Fleetwoods Dire Forums

Hello all,

I have just joined this forum after getting recommendations from Pip .
I used to post on the above forum(i know that is a sin !!!!)

I didnt post very much over there, but i kept raising the issue of the world tour.

My first posts were answered and basically i was told to be patient.

Then my mext posted was deleted.
I again posted this following post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

Having posted a message here a couple of days ago regarding the world tour,i have now found no details of it on this forum.
The problem may have been down to be, or my message was deleted.

I have found this article on the Firefliesuk website about the cancelation on the 2003 UK Fleetwood MAc Convention.
I have edited it slighty

It is with deepest regret that we have to announce the cancellation of the Fleetwood Mac fan Convention.

Firstly, the lack of support from the bands’ management has made it impossible for us to secure merchandise or promotion. This is due to the fact that there are no plans at the moment to tour the UK, and so there is no commercial value for the band to warrant spending money on promotion. We do appreciate that at the moment the focus of management is the promotion of ‘Say You Will’ in the US and forthcoming North American tour.

We are really sorry to have to cancel this event, it was something that we were looking forward to putting on for UK fans as we do feel that fans here get a rough deal when it comes to Fleetwood Mac. They have not toured here since 1990 and it is looking doubtful that we will see them on this upcoming tour – although we remain ever hopeful and ever loyal.

It greatly worries me that the management of Fleetwood Mac have said that there are no current plans to tour the UK.

This tour started off as a World Tour

I appreciate that the Band are now touring the US, but i do believe that the loyal fans outside the United States who have not seen the MAc since the 1990 tour deserve Better than this.

The vast majority of the UK Press have given the new cd a good writeup, but the CD has only done ok in record sales,mainly due to the lack of promotion.

Surely it is time for the Knight or the Bands Management or the Band members to issue a statement on this whole World Tour Issue.

I am sick and tired of hearing of being told to wait for an announcement.

I get the feeling that this will not be a world tour(hopefully i will be proved wrong)

I would appreciate comments

Julian

Again this message was deleted and i got the following message from one of the admins

Your Continued Repeated Post on: Today at 12:00am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You seem to be intent on posting the same post regarding the UK Convention email and the World Tour schedule. While your comments on the post today were ever so slightly less demanding than the last one this post has been deleted also. In the first place, a copy and paste of this email is not going to remain on this board because it contains information that is not true. Your editing of the email only makes it worse, it makes it seem that the reason the Convention has been cancelled is because the band will not be touring the UK. It mentions nothing about the fact that there was not enough interest generated in the UK to make the Convention feasable, which is also included in the original email. There is no reason to believe that this will not be a World Tour, I'm not sure where the individuals in charge of the Convention got this information from but it is incorrect as far as we know. We do not have any information regarding the subsequent dates/cities for the tour yet, and we have responded as such on the board to your previous questions. We have told you what we know at this point. There are many people in America who would like to see the band come to their hometowns also and have posted questions regarding this however, when we reply with an answer they do not turn around and demand a better one. You seem unsatisfied with the replies that we have given you, stating "I am sick and tired of hearing of being told to wait for an announcement" and "To the administrators, please dont come out with what you have told me before". Making demands will not get you a reply any quicker either. Statements such as "This tour was originally announced as a world tour. I would like to see details of this. I am disgusted with what has happened so far", and "If you cant get the answers, isnt it about time that someone from the bands management or the promoters come on line and post a statement" will not force anyone to come on this board and reply to your questions just because you demand that they do so. When the promoters announce the dates we will post them at that time. That's the answer to your question at this particular time. Please do not post the email again............Jackie

As you can see i was not rude, but just want some plain answers to some simple questions.

As you can see the response from Jackie was basically that the people that run Firefliesuk, are liars !!!

From what i can see, Mick Fleetwood Forum is a complete joke, they do not seem to care about the fans(especially from around the world)

They do not answer any questions, instead they seem to blame you for asking any so called negative questions.

I never joined there fan club because it was a complete rip off for UK Fans.

I really do hope that i am wrong about this not being a WORLD TOUR, but somehow i dont think i am.

Sorry if this is a long post, but i needed to get this of my chest !!

Julian McAuslan
Old 05-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome Jools!

Sorry you were suppressed and censored over there. We've heard the same through others via this thread. Sorry this happened to you! and hope you get the tour you all DESERVE in the UK!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry to hear how you were dissed by the "official site" team. I can't say I'm surprised. Censorship is the name of the game over there. If you say anything they (admins) don't like...no matter what it is...you'll get deleted. They keep repeating their mantra: posts are only deleted and people are only banned when they say something that violates the rules of the board. That's code for: we delete whatever the heck we want and don't ask us to explain anything to you. We don't have to. This board is not here for you. It is here to promote commercial money making ventures of the fan club.

The only true question that remains is: who's profiting from these ventures and does anyone in the band care how fans are being treated in the quest for the almighty dollar?

Last edited by glitter_fades; 05-16-2003 at 08:22 PM..