User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:01 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I... He is still telling people I went ballistic on the board.. hmm... must have missed that somehow....

Pip
I can assure you that the whole of the western hemisphere would know if Pip went ballistic

Rachel

Fireflies UK - www.firefliesuk.com
Old 05-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember when he posted a separate complaint thread so he could collect and delete all the questions and criticism more easlily? HAHAHAHAA!

Here's what he posted to a fan who asked why FM had to charge a fan club fee just to view website content. Can you believe this answer? With all the killer sites out there being done for free by the fans, he had the gall to post this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN REPLY: SHOULD CD'S AND CONCERTS BE FREE TOO? IF YOU WANT SPECIAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS WE'RE TRYING TO GIVE YOU THE CHOICE. THE FAN CLUB COSTS A FORTUNE TO RUN - A YEAR OF VIDEOGRAPHERS, EDITING, SERVERS, ETC. COME ON OVER AND ENJOY IT IF YOU WANT TO - IT'S THE COST OF 3 CD'S FOR A YEAR!

General / News / COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT #3 on: Mar 5th, 2003, 9:40pm
Old 05-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That "Something snapped" line is really...

Pip ~ I never knew you were so volitale, LOL!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried to contact you, as you know, to speak with you first and find out what it is that is making you so upset.

LOL! Shouldn't that read...I tried to contact you to offer you a T-shirt or tickets to the rehersal so you'd join my crusade against the Unhappy Club? He didn't know Pip is a fan with ethics. She didn't jump at the chance to get the perks by selling out the rest of us.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A few of my favorites...

"The Venue presales for Venue season ticket holders have blocks that they buy. We've traced numerous eBay offers to Season Ticket holders. We see some from the Fan Club too."

Of course, it was the venue presales even though there w have been thousands of Ebay auctions started within hours of all of the presales, it's someone elses fault. Poor Jonathan Todd and his fanclub keep getting blamed when it's really the whole world that seems like it's out to get them. What an unlucky guy!

"Your Club did all possible to prepare and deliver. Some members fell into tech issues outside our control. We feel horrible about that and are discussing what can be done. While we're working on that (and the answer may be - there's nothing we can do) is it possible to consider that most fan clubs, including this one, are on your side. By the way, we have over 50 notes or calls to us from very upset Club members who did not receive their passwords and couldn't participate in the presale at all! IN EACH CASE I'm aware of, when we check the records, those people actually made the simple and human mistake of typing in their email incorrectly when they signed up!"

Now, now Jonathan... you know that wasn't the whole truth about why people couldn't purchase tickets during the first presale!! There you go again, blaming everyone else for your mistakes! I would have thought you could have come up with something a little more original and believable than people who tried over and over and over again all of a sudden couldn't type. Shame on you, when all along you knew the real truth about why those people couldn't purchase tickets!

Oh...and whatever happened to your looking into what could be done to make it up to the people who were so screwed in the first presale? We never heard back from you...where have you gone? But from what we've heard the people in the other presales haven't been too thrilled with their seats. A smart man would've learned from the first presale, but you'd have to care about your customers to want to make them happy and we know you don't care about the FM fans, don't we.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Ledgie

As they say in radio, long time listener, first time caller. Anyway, here are some of my favorites (with my commentary interspersed):

First, from March 2, commenting on a Fleetwood Mac “mini-concert” that JT attended with other “invited guests”:

“I have a difficult time saying this publicly, but I stood there and tears streamed down my cheeks. It was SOOOO GOOOD! I'm sure you'll all get the chance to see the full concert this year and I know you'll get just as choked up as I did.”

Right! Like I believe he was crying for the music. Maybe he got choked up thinking about all the money he was going to make. Another fun quote from March 2:

“Remember - the Fan Club price isn't going UP - It has been LOWER than the regular price to support ‘die-hard’ fans like you. Our thanks to the managers for keeping it low out of the gate in order to support the ‘regulars’!”

Thanks JT, the die-hard fans are really grateful for this. Then of course there was the Limited Edition CD that didn’t exist. From a March 5 email, after saying that the Limited Edition had not yet been approved:

“Many of you pre-ordered ‘Say You Will’ from Official sites already. If the new Limited Edition CD is approved, we'll offer you specials, discounts or upgrade options. You're the SuperFans and you ordered from Fleetwood Mac. We'll make it right for you and everyone who preordered!”

Last we heard of that promise! The funniest, though, are from JT’s marketing site, SabreMark. Here’s JT’s view of the problem with “most web sites,” and how his firm can help:

“Communication, sales and customer interaction are moving steadily away from traditional media and leaping onto the web. The problem? Most web sites focus on design rather than marketing to the client. SabreMark's Electronic Media division blends the best of design with solid marketing and sales to help your visitors enjoy their time on your site while getting your message loud and clear.”

Yup, I’ve always said the problem with most web sites is not enough marketing! Guess JT fixed that problem. Here’s his comment on a web site he designed for a heating and air conditioning firm (he boasts that he won a “prestigious” award for this site):

“We used unusual design techniques to ‘take over’ the user's entire window on startup and crafted the marketing twists including music, our unique appointment setter and our Cinematic Introduction, which lends credibility to the client's site and business. Instead of pretty web pages, we have a fast loading, emotionally appealing site with a bottom line sales mechanism to close sales for our client right on the web.”

Or this comment about another site he designed:

“HYPNOPOWER.COM is a site devoted to sales of non-drug solutions for common issues such as weight reduction and smoking cessation. The goal was to relax the potential client and create an artistically pleasing site which does the work to close product sales.”

Wonder what he’s going to say about the fan club site after this is all over? I’m sure glad the Mac hired this guy! NOT!!!!

Last edited by enibs78; 05-07-2003 at 12:25 AM..
Old 05-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“We used unusual design techniques to ‘take over’ the user's entire window on startup and crafted the marketing twists including music, our unique appointment setter and our Cinematic Introduction, which lends credibility to the client's site and business. Instead of pretty web pages, we have a fast loading, emotionally appealing site with a bottom line sales mechanism to close sales for our client right on the web.”

Hmmmm? Are these the same techniques used to 'take over' my computer and keep me from accessing the Internet after I complained loud and clear about the fan club being a fraud?
Old 05-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Todd-isms

The latest fan club email is filled with 'em!

First, the oh-so-enticing intro:

"Tomorrow night, May 7, 2003, the lights will dim at the Schottenstein
Center in Columbus, Ohio and (much like the opening of the introduction to
www.FleetwoodMac.com) the sound of Mick’s base drum will herald the
beginning of the new FLEETWOOD MAC tour! Stevie, Lindsey, John and Mick
will cast their magic spell and take us on that wild voyage of love, pain
and passion that can only be FLEETWOOD MAC! We’ve promised to keep Fan
Club Members posted during the tour. You’ve been patiently waiting for the
tour to begin. As we swing into gear, we want to share with you what’s in
the plan for the days and months ahead:"

And next, the Fleetwood Mac contest! If you win, you get... NON-FLEETWOOD MAC RELATED PRIZES!!

"FLEETWOOD MAC FACT CONTEST: Within two weeks we expect to post a game
of MAC FACTS on the Club Site. This game will have prizes for the first
400 members who get all the answers right! You can keep playing the game
until you win and if you’re in the group of the first 400 members to get
all questions right – you’ll receive a prize. We have some cool stuff for
these prizes. We found a collection featuring hand crafted Egyptian items
ranging from sterling silver earrings to ceramic necklaces to scarab beads
and bracelets. These items are made in Egypt and a portion of the proceeds
is donated to charities whose mission is to preserve the monuments of the
Ancient Land and to aid needy children in Egypt. If you’re a winner, we’ll
send you a prize from this collection. We’ll cover the shipping and
handling for all our winners too! Once we have our winners, we’ll move the
quiz over to the main Fleetwood Mac site for everyone to play – but without
the prizes! Stay tuned for more details. We’ll email you an announcement
when we begin the contest."

Oh, and check out the amazing PHOTOS!! A peek at the inside of a FRIGGIN JET!

"We have PHOTOS, AUDIO AND VIDEO COMING FROM THE ROAD! We expect a
more regular stream to post for you once the concerts begin. In addition
to shots and thoughts of the band members, we’re seeking out interesting
items that you’re not likely to see elsewhere. For example, we just
received a shot of the interior of the private jet that the band used to
fly to the Today Show. We also are compiling shots from the road already
in from the Tonight Show green room. We’ll introduce you to many of the
people behind the scenes as well. Expect to see road shots as early as
next week – maybe sooner!"

Oh, and we can't forget this-- a discount on merchandise that should have been GIVEN to the people who paid $60 FREAKING DOLLARS FOR NADA.

"#4. DISCOUNTS ON MERCHANDISE! We’re building the FAN CLUB shopping cart
right now. We’ll offer selected tour merchandise to our members at
discounted prices. As soon as we have our first specials for you, we’ll
send out an announcement."

I can't even tell you how much this man sickens me. I feel the need to vomit now.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Someone finish this sentence . . .

"DON'T FRET . . . ."
~Jonathan Todd

Then maybe he can explain how 6 venues had their "fan club tickets" go on sale at 9AM EST when he said it would be at 12 Noon PACIFIC time. He has YET to own up to screwing up on that, and screwing a lot of fans out of tickets. Many people "followed Mr. Todd's rules" and did not try to get tickets until 12Noon PACIFIC time as he directed. Fleetwood Mac tickets are gone in minutes, let alone the THREE HOURS that he had us wait. And he has YET to mitigate the damages or even offer an apology. He hasn't even admitted it was his fault. It's always "SOMEONE ELSE." If you continue to read his board SOMEONE ELSE is to blame for the cds not reaching the fans in time, SOMEONE ELSE is to blame for people not getting posters they ordered. SOMEONE ELSE stole the discography info from The Penguin.

Mr. Todd does not assume any professional accountability for his team. And I'm learning that's not the HALF of what he blames "SOMEONE ELSE" for.

Mr. Todd is the one that chose the fan club's passwords, WE didn't. "SOMEONE ELSE" is to blame for numerous fans having their ticket alottment stolen.

Mr. Todd, you have not represented Fleetwood Mac or it's fans well. In my business, you'd be OUTTA HERE, you and "SOMEONE ELSE."

Last edited by Tango; 05-07-2003 at 12:11 AM..
Old 05-07-2003, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
He is still telling people I went ballistic on the board.. hmm... must have missed that somehow....

Pip
Even if you did go ballistic, who cares? It's just a friggin' chat board. Who's gonna get hurt? What, are someone's eyes gonna get hurt from looking at the words? Give me a break.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You've lived your whole life and never knew it was all in vain. One day you were lucky enough to join the "Fleetwood Mac Fanclub" and overnight, your life is transformed. Not only do you get the chance to win cheap jewlery (a great perk for the men), but you get to see the inside of a refrigerator AND the inside of a private plane, all for $59.95. I ask you, could anyone have imagined life could be this good?!!

I can't wait to see the 2 dozen followers over at the site orgasm when he posts that picture of the private plane.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You've got a lot of fans angry at you Mr. Todd

and it's not going to go away.

"We'll follow you down till the sound of our voices will haunt you . . . you'll NEVER get away, NEVER get away, NEVER get away!"~Stevie Nicks

I dedicate those lines of Stevie Nicks to you Mr. Todd. You screwed with HER fans, you screwed with the fans of Lindsey Buckingham, you screwed with the fans of Christine McVie, you screwed with the fans of Fleetwood Mac, and you'll NEVER get away.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by enibs78
[B]

First, from March 2, commenting on a Fleetwood Mac “mini-concert” that JT attended with other “invited guests”:

“I have a difficult time saying this publicly, but I stood there and tears streamed down my cheeks. It was SOOOO GOOOD! I'm sure you'll all get the chance to see the full concert this year and I know you'll get just as choked up as I did.”

Right! Like I believe he was crying for the music. Maybe he got choked up thinking about all the money he was going to make.
Definately the money... I know first hand about his money grabbing ways and have it in black and white. I will post it here as soon as I am given the nod

Pip
Old 05-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Todd-isms

Quote:
Originally posted by SaraRhiannon
If you’re a winner, we’ll
send you a prize from this collection. We’ll cover the shipping and
handling for all our winners too!
Hmm.... what's the betting this doesn't include overseas!! What a load of crap!

Pip
Old 05-07-2003, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Someone finish this sentence . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Tango
"DON'T FRET . . . ."
~Jonathan Todd

Then maybe he can explain how 6 venues had their "fan club tickets" go on sale at 9AM EST when he said it would be at 12 Noon PACIFIC time. He has YET to own up to screwing up on that, and screwing a lot of fans out of tickets. Many people "followed Mr. Todd's rules" and did not try to get tickets until 12Noon PACIFIC time as he directed. Fleetwood Mac tickets are gone in minutes, let alone the THREE HOURS that he had us wait. And he has YET to mitigate the damages or even offer an apology. He hasn't even admitted it was his fault. It's always "SOMEONE ELSE." If you continue to read his board SOMEONE ELSE is to blame for the cds not reaching the fans in time, SOMEONE ELSE is to blame for people not getting posters they ordered. SOMEONE ELSE stole the discography info from The Penguin.

Mr. Todd does not assume any professional accountability for his team. And I'm learning that's not the HALF of what he blames "SOMEONE ELSE" for.

Yes... I know first hand how he screws up and then tries to blame one of his minions

Pip